• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palmer_v1

Any groups forming a raid for this afternoon around 5pm central? I have a Hunter that can do HM for sure, and a Warlock that can do NM, or HM.

PSN: ThisStoreSucks

Very cool, PM sent :)

The 2 floaters kill all the ogres as soon as they spawn, they only last a few seconds with the Touch of Malice last round + Blessing of Light.

It's similar to the default method that was being used, but very consistent if pulled of correctly.

Give it a shot, works pretty great ;)

I believe you are referring to the strat posted yesterday where you leave ogres alive, we just kill them right as they spawn with the 2 floaters. The 2 floaters then proceed to help kill the knights/vessel and any adds remaining.

There is less margin for error this way, and no need to worry about ogres wandering off to some place where you don't want them. Also much safer for the relic runner to "slam" on the vessel since there aren't any Ogres to worry about.

For the time being, yes. It's a big part of why we are able to kill everything so quickly.

Playing this out in my head I like the strat because there's less chances for random deaths, but it is more execution heavy than the strat I posted. Options are good though, and a group should use whichever one works for them.

flkraven

Am I the only one who feels the addictive quality of Destiny has somewhat lessened in recent weeks? Or am I just burned out?

I no longer feel the need/desire to have everything, nor do I care how quickly I get to the next 'cap'

LiK

Am I the only one who feels the addictive quality of Destiny has somewhat lessened in recent weeks? Or am I just burned out?

I no longer feel the need/desire to have everything, nor do I care how quickly I get to the next 'cap'

you're not alone. thread has slowed down significantly after HM raid came out.

I think you're just burned out dude. I've been grinding for the solar and void exotic sword over the weekend, and have been excited to get that grind done, as onerous as it is, to get my swords :)
please note, I've only been through the NM raid 3.2 times. XD

noomi

Playing this out in my head I like the strat because there's less chances for random deaths, but it is more execution heavy than the strat I posted. Options are good though, and a group should use whichever one works for them.

Absolutely, whichever strat works best for your group is the one to go with. We all just want to kill Oryx's ass and get disappointing loot lol.

tick221

Here's the strat my team uses:

- 2 floaters (one dedicated, one from the un-needed platform)
- Main floater is a Titan that pops Blessing on the Daughter platform. (if we have 2 titans, one will run up and also pop Weapons)
- Floaters wreck the Ogres with the touch of malice last round, popping in and out of Blessing, they also help with Knights if needed.
- Platform Guardians only need to worry about the Knight that spawns opposite of them.
- Relic runner slams the Vessel, and everyone goes to the center to clear some adds.
- DPS on Oryx, bombs, circles
- Rinse and repeat.

We're able to get Oryx on the 1st try now, must have ran the raid 5 times since Friday :p

That's good stuff right there, thanks

flkraven

I think you're just burned out dude. I've been grinding for the solar and void exotic sword over the weekend, and have been excited to get that grind done, as onerous as it is, to get my swords :)
please note, I've only been through the NM raid 3.2 times. XD

I'm feeling the opposite. I've got the Void Exotic, and need to farm mats for the Solar but cant bring myself to run from helium to helium for an hour.

Agent

Crazy, terrible idea time. This probably won't go over well, but i'll just throw it out there. I'm sure it may have already been thrown out at some point as well.

What if the game took the average grimoire score of a fireteam to unlock special versions of raids? In scanning my friends list there is one fairly common attribute: most have fairly high grimoire score since we play a lot. Say for example, if the fireteam had an average grimoire score of 4500, it unlocked a special ultra-hard mode raid. The idea would be it changed up the raid and added in some of the ideas people were throwing out of what they thought would be in HM. It would have exclusive, better drops and present a challenge.

Pros:
-It adds challenge and rewards for the ultra-hardcore Destiny players/groups.
-Add compelling loot drops to make it worthwhile. Even if this means there is an "OP" weapon added, since the idea is this would be difficult to beat so there wouldn’t be too many of them in the game.
-Adds meaning to grimoire score.

Cons:
-Bungie isn't going to design a raid for the 1% of Destiny. Maybe not even possible to do with supporting last-gen consoles.
-Concern about a gap between top players and average players with power of weapons/gear.
-Tying it to grimoire score. I know most people don't care for grimoire, but I would guess that is because it doesn't mean anything.

I'm sure there are many other pros/cons and probably a better way of looking at this. It was just a random thought I had this morning.

Jabronium

Nah, I'm there too. I still want to do the full raid a few times and wrap up the swords/NTTE/whatever other secret exotcs are lurking, but I don't feel the obsessive need to hit the cap anymore.

noomi

Wish I could post a video to show everyone how we down Oryx, but my PoV is from the relic runner so you don't really see much.

Also, I should mention that I did not come up with this strategy, just adopted it. JustGotWicked laid down the knowledge on our group the other day, and we've been rolling with it since then.

Shoutout to Wicked and mah Holy Diver Bro's and Sisters.

The game desperately needs a repeatable end-game activity ala the Adventure Mode in Diablo 3.

Thread became a bit too toxic, and I think a lot of people bailed.

This and I think all the HM talk/recruitment has sort of squashed the more general discussion. Non-HM talk gets lost in the shuffle, so people have just chilled. Will probably see more pick up when the next IB or ToO hits.

Namikaze1

Looks like my destiny time will be spent doing just raids, Nightfalls, and weekly starting this week. Got AC Syndicate waiting for me. Fallout comes it in 3 weeks. Battlefront will have to wait till Christmas when I go see The Force Awakens. Shame I will miss out on the free Jakku map.

thanks, Nami & Narasingh, for the quick run :)
No problem. :)

radiohead1

Neo Member
Any HM groups looking for one more? Still need to kill Oryx on my Warlock main and haven't done any HM this week on Titan or Hunter.

I also need to do Daughters/Oryx on HM with my main 310 Titan. Have a ToM, so that should help. If we can get three more I'm down to try! PSN = dorssom.

Looks like my destiny time will be spent doing just raids, Nightfalls, and weekly starting this week. Got AC Syndicate waiting for me. Fallout comes it in 3 weeks. Battlefront will have to wait till Christmas when I go see The Force Awakens. Shame I will miss out on the free Jakku map.

Yep, same here. Trails in the sky second chapter comes out this week so that'll eat up a lot of my time. I should also see about finishing up my grad school applications at some point...

MikeyMike

I will keep doing the raid on hard mode and learn CE so I can get the flawless raider trophy but I don't see myself playing daily in 2-3 weeks from now.

In the last month I must have bought over 10 new games... that backlog is getting scary.

noomi

So since Trials is starting this Friday, I would expect for Bungie to throw up another patch that gives hunters their quiver perk back (fixed of course)

void666

Banned
Well, my buddies suck. And i don't like to play with randoms. I'll never beat HM oryx.
Come halo 5. Come fallout 4. Take me away from destiny!

LiK

same here, maybe just HM until I reach 310, then i'll return to Oryx. also NFs and maybe Trials if the new MM isn't shit.

got too many games to play.

There is no "MUST HAVE WEAPON!" to chase really. Majority of the exotics are grind quest related. I will prob continue to do the raids still. But I have been playing less..powered through 2 swords last week and almost got my third sword ready...

Frostburn

Still need HM oryx on my 311 LL hunter. I'm down if we can get 6.

I also need to do Daughters/Oryx on HM with my main 310 Titan. Have a ToM, so that should help. If we can get three more I'm down to try! PSN = dorssom.

Might be able to throw together a group, anyone else interested? I only have the Oryx CP so if we want to start at Sisters I'll have to pass lead to Dorssom. I haven't attempted Oryx since the "New" strat was talked about there and on Reddit. Still only 308 on my Warlock which sucks, didn't seem to be an issue on the 3 attempts I've had against Oryx but just wanted to let the group know.

My friends and I took some shots are HM last night. We are the messiest fucking destiny players ever. We have this knack for finishing encounters by the skin of our teeth.

For instance, we all died on the Totems section the moment we saw the message "The Warpriest deems you worthy."

Except when we respawned there was no chest, and the door was still sealed, but there were legendary engrams on the ground where the chest would be. Surrounded by acolytes.

We were all around 303-306

We took out Warpriest later, after quite a few failed attempts. Mostly just getting the hang of changing positions and what not. One attempt we got him down to <2% but we only had 3 people alive, and we had no tablets left.

Yet 2 attempts later we got him down to like 30% after the first phase. Crazy how that jumps up. When we did end up killing him only two of us were still alive.

Golgoroth wasn't that bad at all. In fact, we had an easier time with him on HM than on Normal for some reason. Though, the first time we were on it, we enraged him, which apparently triggers the tablet instantly. :(

Got him 2 tries later.

We each got a little something, but not enough LL to proceed really. We didn't feel like messing with the Daughters since I was the highest at 310, and everyone else was 305-308.

So we'll just be trying it next week.

I have absolutely no idea how people are currently doing Golgoroth, but this is our strategy, and it's worked for us since day 1.

1. Kill Adds
  2. Send 1 Titan in far back stone ledge to get gaze.
  3. Titan gets gaze. 4 DPSers take out R1 Bubble.
  4. 2nd Titan pulls gaze to start DPS wave.
  5. 4 DPSers, 1 of which is dedicated to add clean up. 1st Titan also using Heavy Machine Gun to kill cursed thralls.
  6. 2nd Titan gives 3 second countdown for 1st Titan to pull Gaze.
  7. 1st Titan takes gaze back. 2nd titan shift clockwise slightly. DPSers get ammo and attack L1 Bubble.
  8. 2nd Titan takes back Gaze for another DPS phase.

So each set of Gaze rotation we're getting down R1, L1, and L2 for DPS. After which adds respawn and we basically restart the whole encounter. Usually finishing early into the 3rd set.

PuMa

same here, maybe just HM until I reach 310, then i'll return to Oryx. also NFs and maybe Trials if the new MM isn't shit.

Too many games, not enough time!

There's also a dirty rumor that Sony might be dropping No Man's Sky this week (possible announcement from Paris). That would take up all my free time for sure.

Might be able to throw together a group, anyone else interested? I only have the Oryx CP so if we want to start at Sisters I'll have to pass lead to Dorssom. I haven't attempted Oryx since the "New" strat was talked about there and on Reddit. Still only 308 on my Warlock which sucks, didn't seem to be an issue on the 3 attempts I've had against Oryx but just wanted to let the group know.

ok, i'll log in right now. Just emailing some ppl for work.

MikeyMike

Well, my buddies suck. And i don't like to play with randoms. I'll never beat HM oryx.
Come halo 5. Come fallout 4. Take me away from destiny!

Try Gaf. In a week or 2, most will be familiar with both tactics and it should be easy to guide you through the fight.

Namikaze1

I forgot I still have to do the second part of First Curse quest. Well getting the 7 precision kills in one crucible match is gonna be easy since Messiek offered to help me out get my kills after I helped him out last week with the same step.

LiK

There's also a dirty rumor that Sony might be dropping No Man's Sky this week (possible announcement from Paris). That would take up all my free time for sure.

yea, still skeptical about NMS. hope it's not empty as it looks from their demos

There aren't enough HUD-less screenshots in this thread!

King's Fall, whatever issues I have with it, is at least pretty, especially Golgoroth's Chamber.

22409937945_aa17dd3862_c.jpg

22409937745_7570d86a4f_c.jpg

22396768982_939c9ff7cd_c.jpg

And then a few of the Vault, both the Templar's Well and the Glass Throne:

22409938305_0e79ed2838_c.jpg

22222240408_64a3fdf0a3_c.jpg

22223134349_a05f641a87_c.jpg

RickD

Exactly the same mate.

Was just going to post that.

Feel like i've hit a wall, as besides not doing the Raid, the content i want to do has run out. I've cleared All the quests apart from the Raid ones.

Couple of things I *might* do is grab a black spindle and hunt Fragments, and i need to do the Raid to clear out the list of quests i've got left. just struggle to get time to do it.

No intention of doing hard mode, as i don't need to be 320 for anything and there aren't any elemental primaries to chase.

I wish they would talk about what PVE content they have coming.

Namikaze1

Crap. Forgot about trials this week.

Shit, if that rumor turns out to be true, I'll be dropping whatever I'm doing and quickly downloading the game. Destiny and all others will have to wait till I'm done finding an unexplored planet and naming it Namitopia.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Anyone on Xbox One doing a HM raid later tonight? I'm interested in running up to Daughters for some drop chances on my alt.

BokehKing

Banned
I'll be taking a break, play halo warzone, blops3 and battlefront on PS4....fallout4

But I'll be back, because it's Destiny, and this generation to me will be defined by this games evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom