• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiohead1

Neo Member
OK, so we need three more for a HM Daughters and/or Oryx kill.

1. dorssom
2. Frostburn
3. FOX-AIV3E

Come on now, you know you want to try that new strat out!

PuMa

Shit, if that rumor turns out to be true, I'll be dropping whatever I'm doing and quickly downloading the game. Destiny and all others will have to wait till I'm done finding an unexplored planet and naming it Namitopia.

Namitopia!

Haha, brilliant.

There is no "MUST HAVE WEAPON!" to chase really. Majority of the exotics are grind quest related. I will prob continue to do the raids still. But I have been playing less..powered through 2 swords last week and almost got my third sword ready...

Drizzay gave a me really nice tip - max out the legendary swords on a character that already completed the exotic sword quest. after you gather hadium flakes& motes, you'll skip right to the point in the quest where you have to do the elemental damage and gather super materials. not having to do the crucible portion and the other parts cut a lot of fat out of the quests.

edit: it also helps to set your PS4 clock back a few days when you're gather mats. the same trick to keep blueberries out of the strike instance seems to keep them out of the patrol instance, too.

Am I the only one who feels the addictive quality of Destiny has somewhat lessened in recent weeks? Or am I just burned out?

I no longer feel the need/desire to have everything, nor do I care how quickly I get to the next 'cap'

Nope. Same thing happened to me after VoG hard mode successes. I'm finishing up hard modes on KF currently and i'm there again... nothing much left to do for those of us who don't play PvP (in Destiny that is). After getting all the exotics you want... all the raid gear, weapons etc. you've got nothing to do but re-do stuff for the next foreseeable future.

Ah well... it was great fun while it lasted! After cleaning up a few more bits i'll be moving on to Halo 5 and Blops3.

flkraven

I also feel like the hard raid is too hard for the rewards given. You can't even attempt the hard raid without running normal a few times and having good RNG on your drops. Now you run hard, drops aren't guaranteed (like previous raids) but now when something does drop there is only a 10% chance you get that single piece at max light.

I don't know what the % chance of something dropping is, but the fact that it isn't guaranteed means that a max level drop has a less than 1/10 chance of dropping per slot which makes the grind frustrating. Now do the math across every armor and weapon slot. It was annoying enough when people couldn't get a particular gun to drop, but you could run hard mode 10 or 20 times and still be no where near 320. Since a character can only run it 1 time per week, that means months of grinding hard mode just for the chance to be high enough to do it all again when heroic comes out. Real-life-compatible my ass.

1. Lnkn I sent you a PM :)

2. Ok. I need to dispell this myth. Warlock jump is GOAT as the runner. I main a lock and as the runner in my crew I always beat the ship. Yes, I always beat the ship as my Titan too, but with the Warlock I am even faster. If you don't main a Warlock yes it seems like the burst jump is trash, but it's not. It's an all or nothing jump and you need to determine what you're doing before you do it.

3. Tip for runners, you don't need to click in the run stick on each platform you jump on. For some reason I kept doing this. As long as you're running and jumping you stay running no matter what.

4. Happy Monday DGAF!

Bogeypop

Need 1 more for a second Oryx HM kill.. Don't need to have completed the fight, but at least have some first-hand experience with the HM alternate Oryx strategy.

Looks like my destiny time will be spent doing just raids, Nightfalls, and weekly starting this week. Got AC Syndicate waiting for me. Fallout comes it in 3 weeks. Battlefront will have to wait till Christmas when I go see The Force Awakens. Shame I will miss out on the free Jakku map.

Just 2 weeks not 3. Fallout 4 and the end of my regular Destiny playing time is almost here!

GlamFM

Banned
There aren't enough HUD-less screenshots in this thread!

King's Fall, whatever issues I have with it, is at least pretty, especially Golgoroth's Chamber.

22409937945_aa17dd3862_c.jpg

22409937745_7570d86a4f_c.jpg

22396768982_939c9ff7cd_c.jpg

And then a few of the Vault, both the Templar's Well and the Glass Throne:

22409938305_0e79ed2838_c.jpg

22222240408_64a3fdf0a3_c.jpg

22223134349_a05f641a87_c.jpg

VoG L.O.V.E.

LiK

I would like VoG HM remade for higher light players with super Atheon. get Kabr to come out from the past to help us kill him.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Once Fallout 4 hits, my Destiny days will be over. FO4 then Star Wars. Hard mode being (i) so lame with the loot and (ii) so easy kinda sapped me of my interest in Destiny. Being 312 or 318 is meaningless.

E92 M3

Man, fuck snipers. Can't believe people are complaining about shotguns when there are 1000 yard stares everywhere.

C'mon man, don't be salty. Shotguns are 100x easier to use than snipers.

Am I the only one who feels the addictive quality of Destiny has somewhat lessened in recent weeks? Or am I just burned out?

I no longer feel the need/desire to have everything, nor do I care how quickly I get to the next 'cap'

Not at all, my favorite part of Destiny is when I have mostly everything and can just play for fun chasing things here and there.

--

Will anyone here be doing normal raid before hard to make sure loot doesn't glitch? After Dj got nothing from Hard oryx, I won't be risking it.

Paid of well this time.

King's Fall, whatever issues I have with it, is at least pretty, especially Golgoroth's Chamber.

I don't know what it is but VoG just looks right.

22409937945_aa17dd3862_c.jpg

22409937745_7570d86a4f_c.jpg

22396768982_939c9ff7cd_c.jpg

Thanks for posting these. I love the Golgoroth Arena. I think my favorite part of KF is the ship jumping puzzle because of the color filter applied there.

BondFancy

Anyone on XB1 want to do the raid on normal. I've never run it before and want to get all the fragments. I'm a 293 and I have a black spindle.

I'll be looking for HM Totems to Golgy tonight on PS4. Maybe 1 more Oryx kill if a group needs a 6th and I can roam with my 307 (I was fine with my 309).

Xbox, probably just a quick NM KF from Totems onwards.

MikeyMike

I'd love to. But i'm not in the US. Lag may be a problem.
Also my english is not perfect. Specially under pressure.

You don't need to be fluent in english for Oryx... just let people know when you are ready to kill your ogre.

Hell, me and my broken english were able to guide 5 HM Oryx newbies and kill him in under 30 minutes yesterday.

E92 M3

walking around billions of planets with nothing to do except turn on some probes so far from what I've seen.

Don't get me started on No Man's Sky. That game is fulfilling every dream I ever had. Absolutely can't wait to explore the universe.

Exploration is one of my favorite things to do in a video game.

Have you used 1000 yard stare or raid sniper in PvP? Amount of aim assist on those things borders aimbot.

Yes, but I still see 90% of people using shotguns. You cannot say that sniping is easier than using a shotgun like Conspiracy-D.

spyder_ur

Pretty much. If we see a single new design/graphic/image before Destiny 2, I'll be shocked.

That's part of why HM coming and going has been such a bummer for me personally (and I haven't even cleared the damn thing). At least with HM Crota we knew there was another expansion coming - I took a break but knew I'f be excited to come back with new content in the next pack. I have no such confidence this time.

I'll stop being such a bummer though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom