• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Division seems like it'll be another Watch Dogs. It sounded great in the beginning...

I'm not really "excited" for any game this year for some reason. I'll be getting Halo 5, Fallout 4 and Battlefront. I think mostly because my backlog is so huge and I really want to beat a lot of other games.

I love Halo but 343 upset me with how crappy Halo MCC was, both online at release and their online coop to this day. So I'm just going to keep my expectations really low.

BondFancy

Might not be so easy. :p

It's hard for us on XB1 to get groups together on GAF especially this time of day. I know a few people who want to run but not sure if they did it yesterday plus they aren't online right now.

Yeah, I understand. Trying LFG, very hard to sell, "Never raided, need fragments". Even with a black spindle.

GlamFM

Banned
Oh man, really? Well since they have some time before release I really hope they get it up to standard.

I was blown away each time it was shown at E3.

Played it on XBOX1. Did not look good or like in the e3 trailers at all. Very clunky, Ghost Recon - esque, but not as tactical. Highly action focused which makes the controls not work at all for me.

To be fair it also isn't the kind of game you can judge on in a 30 min session.

Anyone on XB1 want to do the raid on normal. I've never run it before and want to get all the fragments. I'm a 293 and I have a black spindle.

Might not be so easy. :p

It's hard for us on XB1 to get groups together on GAF especially this time of day. I know a few people who want to run but not sure if they did it yesterday plus they aren't online right now.

Yea, I'd be down for a normal run but it's 10am and I'm at work! I'd be down to do it later

The Division seems like it'll be another Watch Dogs. It sounded great in the beginning...

I'm not really "excited" for any game this year for some reason. I'll be getting Halo 5, Fallout 4 and Battlefront. I think mostly because my backlog is so huge and I really want to beat a lot of other games.

I love Halo but 343 upset me with how crappy Halo MCC was, both online at release and their online coop to this day. So I'm just going to keep my expectations really low.

All I want is Persona 5. Why was it delayed? Why, god, Why?!

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
There aren't enough HUD-less screenshots in this thread!

King's Fall, whatever issues I have with it, is at least pretty, especially Golgoroth's Chamber.

snip

Nice. Yeah I agree. Great design.

Got any of the space where the ship jumping puzzle is? I sometimes fall to my death in wonder of the sense of scale of that place and how awesome the view of saturn in the window is.

MikeyMike

I have Division pre-ordered but I know it will be disappointing.

At first I was like "Wow, it looks like Destiny" but then I remembered that what makes Destiny fun for me is the jumping mechanics.

Nuszka

Here's the strat my team uses:

- 2 floaters (one dedicated, one from the un-needed platform)
- Main floater is a Titan that pops Blessing on the Daughter platform. (if we have 2 titans, one will run up and also pop Weapons)
- Floaters wreck the Ogres with the touch of malice last round, popping in and out of Blessing, they also help with Knights if needed.
- Platform Guardians only need to worry about the Knight that spawns opposite of them.
- Relic runner slams the Vessel, and everyone goes to the center to clear some adds.
- DPS on Oryx, bombs, circles
- Rinse and repeat.

We're able to get Oryx on the 1st try now, must have ran the raid 5 times since Friday :p

This definitely needs more attention:
- no RNG based in the way it is done
- ogres die before they even get the ability to move
- plenty of time to deal with the knights and mobs, therefore no risk in detonating bombs

This strategy is in every way better then that infamous "easy hm oryx" method. Period.

Anyone want to attempt a stress free HM King's Fall run up to Daughters (or as far as we can get) later today, like around 7 EST? With ToM i'm only 306 light so I need to try to get some gear to get me closer to 310 (heavy slot I'm looking at you). Otherwise I'm at 308 with an exotic sword equipped. This would be my first attempt at doing HM.

Mindlog

3. Tip for runners, you don't need to click in the run stick on each platform you jump on. For some reason I kept doing this. As long as you're running and jumping you stay running no matter what.
It's because when you are trying to stick your landing you sometimes don't know whether or not you let up on the stick enough to break a sprint and then you don't know if you've been sprint locked on your next jump which can influence your glide distance.

This is why Titan may be easier. You can more easily control your velocity and landing through jet pulses. Warlock has a smaller margin for error because cutting glide short isn't an easily corrected mistake.

Warlock is still the best.
  1. Kill Adds
    [*]Send 1 Titan in far back stone ledge to get gaze.
  2. Titan gets gaze. 4 DPSers take out R1 Bubble.
  3. 2nd Titan pulls gaze to start DPS wave.
  4. 4 DPSers, 1 of which is dedicated to add clean up. 1st Titan also using Heavy Machine Gun to kill cursed thralls.
  5. 2nd Titan gives 3 second countdown for 1st Titan to pull Gaze.
  6. 1st Titan takes gaze back. 2nd titan shift clockwise slightly. DPSers get ammo and attack L1 Bubble.
  7. 2nd Titan takes back Gaze for another DPS phase.
A small tweak if I may :]
This is what I used to do as well until I learned that this means adds will spawn for your first wave of DPS (the second time you grab the gaze.) Instead of grabbing that first gaze this Titan can shoot golg's leg just to get its attention. This lets all 4 people DPS on the first wave.

Also random good advice I read earlier. Unstabbed Light will give the same buff as being in the pool. The person who gets hit with Unstabbie's Light can just move right up to Golgoroth doing full DPS the whole time and exploding for a little bit more damage.

I would like VoG HM remade for higher light players with super Atheon. get Kabr to come out from the past to help us kill him.

Kabr's already there. He's always been there. He's the relic. Why do you think the relic holder can Titan Smash & create Bubbles?

I think the Vault is fine as is, and this may be unpopular, but I dislike that story missions keep sending us back there. And worse, that they've filled in purpose for every path and gate.

The power of the Vault for me is that it's mysterious, forboding. Loading it up and just blipping over to the Vault all casual-like for some leg marks is the antithesis to what I treasured about the Vault. Even worse is that these paths that seemingly had no purpose and thus added to the mystery, to the power, of the Vault are now all retconned to have purpose with non-Vault enemies to kill or ghosts to collect. The Vault being this ancient, alien apparatus that rebukes our attempts to master and understand it, afterall, the Vault as a Raid stands unaltered week to week despite our attempts to slay Atheon. Now every path and and cranny has a purpose that we can master.

(That said, having Skolas assault the Vault and bend it to his purpose did turn out sooooo well. And I get that not everyone is a Vault-nut like me that already knew all the alternate paths and whatnot, but this is my personal opinion about what I like, so. :p)

But can we please stop dipping back into old content? I don't want an updated Vault. I want new content.

I hope The Division delivers. . I really believe Ubi learned their lesson with Watch Dogs.

Also I'm getting:
Halo 5, mindless shooter for my X1
CoD Blops 3, Mindless shooter for my PS4
Fallout 4, First Fallout game but I heard great things about it
Battlefront, Mindless shooter that will take care of my Star Wars fandom
Need for Speed, Mindless racer that looks good

I still need to finish MGS V and The Witcher 3 (and the new DLC).

MikeyMike

- plenty of time to deal with the knights and mobs, therefore no risk in detonating bombs

This strategy is in every way better then that infamous "easy hm oryx" method. Period.

I see this strat working better than the "easy hm Oryx" as soon as everyone has a decent LL.

Kyoufu

Not if you're a low Light Level it's not. :p

Noomi's group has a 314...

Lnkn52

TY everyone that followed the instructions.

GL-19.jpg

And please make sure that you're sending a PM because you 100% the new list and not just because you completed HM Oryx.

Like I said before its more execution heavy, which I'm all for if the group is capable of it, but it does make it harder for groups that have underleveled people. The alternate strategy was meant for those groups. Maybe calling it the easy strat is misleading. Alternate strategy is more befitting.

E92 M3

I love how they changed the jumping puzzle for Hard. Ships move a lot faster and it expedites the process.

Overall, Destiny is in a good place (content wise), but - I'll keep saying this - the Investment Team needs to get their shit together. HoW was beautiful with how everyone was guaranteed 1 piece of high level gear and etheric light boosted old gear. It was a wonderful system that let everyone have fun and customize their experience.

Now we have a raid that sometimes give ZERO loot for beating a boss, or gear that's completely irrelevant. Even VOG wasn't that stingy. We also had a nerf to Strange Coins and weapon parts for no reason. We had nerf to rep for factions as well.

Bungie needs to go back and reevaluate these changes and think about how to make the game more pleasant for the community. Every change they make should be geared towards making the experience pleasant for the players. The end game should be chasing specific perks and gear - not worry about RNG blessing us with light and gear combo. A player should never not be able to upgrade a new toy because weapon parts are rare. The infusion system shouldn't be giving 80% where it requires 2 or 3 pieces just to get the gear up to par - it's a waste of vault space and customization options. Absolutely hate the infusion system in its current inception. Either make it where every item infused gives exp towards increasing the light, or make it where 100% of the light is transferred. 80% is just BS and on top of that exotics get even less. I am not using 85% of guns/armor because the light isn't high enough. That's just a dumb design.

EMPOWER YOUR PLAYERS BUNGIE

We just want to play the game and enjoy everything the sandbox has to offer. Hoarding should not be the best way to play Destiny.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I don't think anyone is having any problems getting him down though. I really can't believe they made it all so similar to normal raid and so easy. The hard mode raid should have been the normal mode raid, and then an actual hard mode raid should have been introduced.

I hope The Division delivers. . I really believe Ubi learned their lesson with Watch Dogs.

Also I'm getting:
Halo 5, mindless shooter for my X1
CoD Blops 3, Mindless shooter for my PS4
Fallout 4, First Fallout game but I heard great things about it
Battlefront, Mindless shooter that will take care of my Star Wars fandom
Need for Speed, Mindless racer that looks good

I still need to finish MGS V and The Witcher 3 (and the new DLC).

Oh yea, I'll probably get BLOPS 3 but for XB1 to play with my cousins.

Witcher 3 is untouched, and I didn't bother buying MGS V yet since I knew I wouldn't get to it anytime soon. I'm learning!! Kind of. NFS, eventually. I need to beat Racer career in Rivals. I only beat Police career.

Nuszka

Not if you're a low Light Level it's not. :p

Noomi's group has a 314...

I see this strat working better that the "easy hm Oryx" as soon as everyone has a decent LL.

I am in that group and we had a 314 yes, but the rest of us were at 310-311 level, we had as well a titan with bubble at 311 on top, did it for science and it worked in the same way. Fact is when everyone will hit about 315ish level all of it will be very easy.

Nice. Yeah I agree. Great design.

Got any of the space where the ship jumping puzzle is? I sometimes fall to my death in wonder of the sense of scale of that place and how awesome the view of saturn in the window is.

Just one. I'll uplaod it later today. A few more Vault ones since they seem to be going over well:

20934593938_0a05fb2c2e_b.jpg

21130211221_978933b83c_b.jpg

And for Friday, the Lighthouse awaits those of you who prove worthy:

20325001808_ac38ce1f7c_b.jpg

20519407791_58a9d84a3f_b.jpg

KxoZz

1. Lnkn I sent you a PM :)

2. Ok. I need to dispell this myth. Warlock jump is GOAT as the runner. I main a lock and as the runner in my crew I always beat the ship. Yes, I always beat the ship as my Titan too, but with the Warlock I am even faster. If you don't main a Warlock yes it seems like the burst jump is trash, but it's not. It's an all or nothing jump and you need to determine what you're doing before you do it.

3. Tip for runners, you don't need to click in the run stick on each platform you jump on. For some reason I kept doing this. As long as you're running and jumping you stay running no matter what.

4. Happy Monday DGAF!

Warlock jump is GOAT for anything.

Would noomi and co./others be willing to go into the raid later today, after 6pm est, to show off their strategy? I really want to see it in action now.

LiK

Kabr's already there. He's always been there. He's the relic. Why do you think the relic holder can Titan Smash & create Bubbles?

I think the Vault is fine as is, and this may be unpopular, but I dislike that story missions keep sending us back there. And worse, that they've filled in purpose for every path and gate.

The power of the Vault for me is that it's mysterious, forboding. Loading it up and just blipping over to the Vault all casual-like for some leg marks is the antithesis to what I treasured about the Vault. Even worse is that these paths that seemingly had no purpose and thus added to the mystery, to the power, of the Vault are now all retconned to have purpose with non-Vault enemies to kill or ghosts to collect. The Vault being this ancient, alien apparatus that rebukes our attempts to master and understand it, afterall, the Vault as a Raid stands unaltered week to week despite our attempts to slay Atheon. Now every path and and cranny has a purpose that we can master.

(That said, having Skolas assault the Vault and bend it to his purpose did turn out sooooo well. And I get that not everyone is a Vault-nut like me that already knew all the alternate paths and whatnot, but this is my personal opinion about what I like, so. :p)

But can we please stop dipping back into old content? I don't want an updated Vault. I want new content.

what is up with you guys not wanting harder versions of old raids? I just don't like old raids being completely pointless after you maxed out a level. so harder versions of old raids isn't a bad idea unless you guys just wanna grind KF HM until Destiny 2.

MikeyMike

I am in that group and we had a 314 yes, but the rest of us were at 310-311 level, we had as well a titan with bubble at 311 on top, did it for science and it worked in the same way. Fact is when everyone will hit about 315ish level all of it will be very easy.

Of course you only really need 1 Titan with high LL to make this strat viable. Having a bunch of 306-308 can make it hard tho.

E92 M3

I don't think anyone is having any problems getting him down though. I really can't believe they made it all so similar to normal raid and so easy. The hard mode raid should have been the normal mode raid, and then an actual hard mode raid should have been introduced.

So easy that even less people are beating it, lol. C'mon you can't use DGAF as a barometer of what is easy and what is not. Bungie made HM Crota incredibly cheap and now they made KF HM balanced, but challenging.

People still have problems with normal. Also, we have challenge mode coming - or whatever.

spyder_ur

As someone who grinded HM for several hours yesterday with no Oryx kill to show for it, this makes me feel very bad.

What's the deal with this new version of the exclusive list that Lnkn is publishing?

Yeah see, that's what I'm saying. The other strat has more RNG, but it lets people around 307 complete hm oryx. I agree, as soon as people are above 310 then your strategy sounds much more appealing.

Kyoufu

what is up with you guys not wanting harder versions of old raids? I just don't like old raids being completely pointless after you maxed out a level. so harder versions of old raids isn't a bad idea unless you guys just wanna grind KF HM until Destiny 2.

We want new content that keeps the story going. Not old content remixed.

And please make sure that you're sending a PM because you 100% the new list and not just because you completed HM Oryx.

TY Lnkn, also for changing my avatar. Noomi's avatar looks like a pirate now :)

Damn it, Due already pointed it out...

Future

Exactly the same mate.

Was just going to post that.

Feel like i've hit a wall, as besides not doing the Raid, the content i want to do has run out. I've cleared All the quests apart from the Raid ones.

Couple of things I *might* do is grab a black spindle and hunt Fragments, and i need to do the Raid to clear out the list of quests i've got left. just struggle to get time to do it.

No intention of doing hard mode, as i don't need to be 320 for anything and there aren't any elemental primaries to chase.

I wish they would talk about what PVE content they have coming.

Raid being the only end game content was a mistake. I'd say they pretty much need PoE, just with better designed goals and challenges. A new weekly challenge that is easier to more gear you have. Or iron banner like pve challenge. The closest thing they have is the black spindle mission that pops up that some people still haven't gotten. They need like 20 of those on a rotation

Kyoufu

good luck with that. hopefully everyone splurging on those emotes will get you some new strikes.

I don't expect new meaningful content in Destiny 1 anymore but I think with High Moon Studio helping with Destiny 2 then there should hopefully be more to expect in that.

Going by Jason Schreier's article, it seems like Bungie doesn't have the confidence or manpower (both?) to deliver enough content in a single year. Maybe that will change with HMS helping.

Namikaze1

GL-19.jpg

I see I have the star. Yes! :D

King's Fall Hard Mode trophy was the last one I needed to 100% Destiny again. Now to wait for Destiny 2 to 100% that.

E92 M3

As someone who grinded HM for several hours yesterday with no Oryx kill to show for it, this makes me feel very bad.

What's the deal with this new version of the exclusive list that Lnkn is publishing?

It's updated all achievements/trophy list with TTK included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom