• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
As someone who grinded HM for several hours yesterday with no Oryx kill to show for it, this makes me feel very bad.

So easy that even less people are beating it, lol. C'mon you can't use DGAF as a barometer of what is easy and what is not. Bungie made HM Crota incredibly cheap and now they made KF HM balanced, but challenging.

People still have problems with normal. Also, we have challenge mode coming - or whatever.

Haha, I didn't mean to make anyone feel bad, and I'm not saying it's *easy*. It really depends on the group. Only need one person to mess up a single time to cause a wipe. It's why the fight design sucks. The current raid design really makes it harder to carry weaker members in a group.

And you're right, I shouldn't use DGAF/personal experiences as a barometer for everyone's experience with the raid. :) I guess I'm used to MMORPG raids where you actually had to go at it for hours on end, sometimes for a few weeks, before clearing the whole thing.

I love how they changed the jumping puzzle for Hard. Ships move a lot faster and it expedites the process.

Overall, Destiny is in a good place (content wise), but - I'll keep saying this - the Investment Team needs to get their shit together. HoW was beautiful with how everyone was guaranteed 1 piece of high level gear and etheric light boosted old gear. It was a wonderful system that let everyone have fun and customize their experience.

Now we have a raid that sometimes give ZERO loot for beating a boss, or gear that's completely irrelevant. Even VOG wasn't that stingy. We also had a nerf to Strange Coins and weapon parts for no reason. We had nerf to rep for factions as well.

Bungie needs to go back and reevaluate these changes and think about how to make the game more pleasant for the community. Every change they make should be geared towards making the experience pleasant for the players. The end game should be chasing specific perks and gear - not worry about RNG blessing us with light and gear combo. A player should never not be able to upgrade a new toy because weapon parts are rare. The infusion system shouldn't be giving 80% where it requires 2 or 3 pieces just to get the gear up to par - it's a waste of vault space and customization options. Absolutely hate the infusion system in its current inception. Either make it where every item infused gives exp towards increasing the light, or make it where 100% of the light is transferred. 80% is just BS and on top of that exotics get even less. I am not using 85% of guns/armor because the light isn't high enough. That's just a dumb design.

EMPOWER YOUR PLAYERS BUNGIE

We just want to play the game and enjoy everything the sandbox has to offer. Hoarding should not be the best way to play Destiny.

You know Trance, I was thinking about this recently too. I hate how you always write up about what I think about. I fail at expressing my thoughts clearly or I end up keeping them as thoughts.

It's funny to me because most of us have reached a point where we have no more quests, nothing to play for, just Hard Mode raid and getting better gear, whether aesthetically, functionality, or both. But that seems to be it. As you've stated before, it's nice to just play casually for whatever reason. Based on feedback I've read since Friday, a lot of people are trying to find reasons to keep playing the game but the nerfs and lack of loot drops and the RNG required for high level light (Fight for 320) are demotivators.

There isn't a game that seems to be as hyped up and as big as Bloodborne that's coming out soon, but I can see a huge drop off if there isn't anything else given to us within the next few weeks, especially with a lot of big titles coming out. Probably Fallout the most with this crew. Trials doesn't count especially since it's harder than before, PvP is at a really weird state, and so it won't appeal to the majority of us as it did in the past.

We used to run PvP trains for fun before. Now that's basically nonexistent. I miss running Titan Bubble Trains for the heck of it since it was pretty fun. PvP was a huge part of my year 1 and it makes me sad that year 2 isn't as close to fun. Even just one change of nerfing Sunbreakers would go a long ways.

what is up with you guys not wanting harder versions of old raids? I just don't like old raids being completely pointless after you maxed out a level. so harder versions of old raids isn't a bad idea unless you guys just wanna grind KF HM until Destiny 2.

Three reasons they shouldn't go back to old Raids:
1. They're fun as is! I completely and emphatically disagree with this: "I just don't like old raids being completely pointless". I go back and play the Vault with regularity. It's fun! It's only "pointless" if you care about loot, which is nice, but not the only thing going for the raids.

The Vault of Glass contains hands down the best encounters in the game. The Templar Suite, Gatekeepers and Atheon. They're faster now, but it's a blast doing it with 6 people who all know the ropes. (Even if you really care about loot, the Vault has 2 exotic chances and all the gear can be converted to motes & glimmer).

Even Crota's End is fun with 6. With the underlevelling gone, it really does play like the Action Adventure raid they wanted. I love the Sword Bridge encounter in particular, but Ir Yut is also quite enjoyable. It feels like I'm non-stop sprinting throughout the raid and the pace is great. So different than the Vault.

2. Luke Smith said one of the Destiny's core foundations is to "Real Life Compatible". This game is addictive. And you can argue whether they've hit their goal of "real life compatibility", it's great they acknowledge the addiction and are looking out for players. My daughter needs a father:
215546990_Nq5Qk-1050x10000.jpg

3. I'd rather Bungie work on new content than milk old content dry. King's Fall I believe was a dramatic overreaction to Crota's End's failings, but it's new and it's got interesting stuff in it. But even if I don't like it as much as the Vault, I'd rather have it than Vault 2.0. Bungie is still figuring out what raids in Destiny are. They'll get better.

Edit: Oh hey! My name update request went through. I was previously Epyon MX. My new name is JohnOfMars to match my PSN tag.

Kyne

I still haven't done HM yet, been busy with comic-con preparation.

Let me just join a gr--

"Light level 310+ Required."

Oh.. okay let me just get to light level 310 with the normal raid.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

spyder_ur

It's updated all achievements/trophy list with TTK included.

Haha ugh, grinded to get that before TTK came out, never PM'd LNKN and now I'm already behind again.

Haha, I didn't mean to make anyone feel bad, and I'm not saying it's *easy*. It really depends on the group. Only need one person to mess up a single time to cause a wipe. It's why the fight design sucks. The current raid design really makes it harder to carry weaker members in a group.

And you're right, I shouldn't use DGAF/personal experiences as a barometer for everyone's experience with the raid. :) I guess I'm used to MMORPG raids where you actually had to go at it for hours on end, sometimes for a few weeks, before clearing the whole thing.

Yeah, I guess. It's probably not that 'hard', but it seems just a bit cheap and punitive to me. It doesn't really even feel like teamwork is crucial as much as just not dying. Will probably try to clear it once and then wait until everyone including myself is properly leveled. Think I need to step back from this treadmill towards a pretty pointless light level, though I'm looking forward to Trials. Is that 100% confirmed for this Friday?

Just really want the Pulse, Scout and helmet from the raid at this point.

Now that I have a 314 Ghost, I'm going to be really annoyed getting any ghost drops from NF and PVP weeklies.

My thoughts yesterday. The Nightfall light increase is basically voided with Hard Mode KF.

I need a couple of pieces with Alts that can benefit from > 300 light but that's about it.

E92 M3

You weren't offensive at all, it's just we lose track of how the average player goes about the game. Most of us here are very much core players. Secondly, I am happy Bungie didn't make it like a typical MMO raid - Destiny already takes up too much time as it is.

You know Trance, I was thinking about this recently too. I hate how you always write up about what I think about. I fail at expressing my thoughts clearly or I end up keeping them as thoughts.

It's funny to me because most of us have reached a point where we have no more quests, nothing to play for, just Hard Mode raid and getting better gear, whether aesthetically, functionality, or both. But that seems to be it. As you've stated before, it's nice to just play casually for whatever reason. Based on feedback I've read since Friday, a lot of people are trying to find reasons to keep playing the game but the nerfs and lack of loot drops and the RNG required for high level light (Fight for 320) are demotivators.

There isn't a game that seems to be as hyped up and as big as Bloodborne that's coming out soon, but I can see a huge drop off if there isn't anything else given to us within the next few weeks, especially with a lot of big titles coming out. Probably Fallout the most with this crew. Trials doesn't count especially since it's harder than before, PvP is at a really weird state, and so it won't appeal to the majority of us as it did in the past.

We used to run PvP trains for fun before. Now that's basically nonexistent. I miss running Titan Bubble Trains for the heck of it since it was pretty fun. PvP was a huge part of my year 1 and it makes me sad that year 2 isn't as close to fun. Even just one change of nerfing Sunbreakers would go a long ways.

Yep, it basically comes down to Bungie making the decisions that benefit the "economy" more than the players participating in it. It's why I think the decision makers aren't players of this game like we are. If all developers played like Luke, for instance, then we wouldn't be getting such garbage changes.

At this point with CoD and Halo coming out tomorrow, Bungie needs to please the players every way they know how.

Kyoufu

Let me just join a gr--

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You only need 310 for Oryx really (and with the new strat you can be lower). Can do the rest at a lower level.

Used the100.io to get my first Oryx kill last night. Worked a charm. Only issue was it left my warlock at 299 light. Is the raid the only place to grab gear over 300 if my guardian is under 300?

MikeyMike

Let me just join a gr--

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

310 is only "required" for Oryx. You should be fine at around 303 if you get some loot along the way.

Let me just join a gr--

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A lot of people don't think clearly. On Mondays or even sometimes, I can see that since some might be in a rush and want it done faster, whatever. But yea, you can easily join as a 303-305 and do just fine and gain gear to bring you further as you progress.

I have a Normal Mode Oryx checkpoint and I'd like to clear it tonight before the reset if possible! I already have one person with me, so 4 slots available. Maybe some time around 6-7 PM Pacific tonight on PS4. Send me a PM if interested.

MikeyMike

Used the100.io to get my first Oryx kill last night. Worked a charm. Only issue was it left my warlock at 299 light. Is the raid the only place to grab gear over 300 if my guardian is under 300?

Nightfall and Exotic Engrams can give 300+ gear (you might need to be LL 300 to decrypt 310 gear from engrams tho).

chur

Let me just join a gr--

¯_(ツ)_/¯
310 is only really needed for Oryx. I've seen 307s do it though. The rest of the raid can be done at 303. Possibly less but I haven't seen anyone less than that actually try.

Kyne

You only need 310 for Oryx really (and with the new strat you can be lower). Can do the rest at a lower level.

310 is only "required" for Oryx. You should be fine at around 303 if you get some loot along the way.

A lot of people don't think clearly. On Mondays or even sometimes, I can see that since some might be in a rush and want it done faster, whatever. But yea, you can easily join as a 303-305 and do just fine and gain gear to bring you further as you progress.

310 is only really needed for Oryx. I've seen 307s do it though. The rest of the raid can be done at 303. Possibly less but I haven't seen anyone less than that actually try.

hopefully when I'm actually at home ready to do HM some groups will think this way.

I'm 308 and have lead quite a few raids myself, so I don't think it should be a problem.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I haven't had a single Exotic Engram roll below 310 if I have my 311+ gear on. I'm lovin' it! Has this been confirmed as guaranteed?

DarKshodaN

Hope i can find a group for a HM Raid run in around 3-4 Hours.

I am Lightlevel 307 and just want to give it a try, i don't mind if we beat Oryx. Just want the loot until then :p

Three friends and I need three good players for Sisters. Then we are repeating from goloroth up until sisters again. My PSN is kortez1981.

1. kortez1981
2. friend
3. friend

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I've got 44 Calcified Fragments, and the remaining are Court Of Oryx drops, which are completely random, correct? Even if I get the correct opponents on the correct tiers, there's no guarantee they'll drop. Is that right?

311 machine gun
312 ghost
313 chest

Light level barely even budged lol

Yep, its going to be a slow creep from now on, I got a 317 RL and a 313 Chest which moved me slightly closer to 310.

I'm not even arsed about downing Oryx, will probably just do Totems to Sisters again during the week then see what light level I get to for the weekend, though Trials is back so will probably just infuse gear for an optimal PvP build

I've got 44 Calcified Fragments, and the remaining are Court Of Oryx drops, which are completely random, correct? Even if I get the correct opponents on the correct tiers, there's no guarantee they'll drop. Is that right?

No, the correct combination will give you the fragment. If it's not the combination you need, just jump off the map or leave the area and you won't lose your rune. Only thing is that you have to wait for a bit until you lose the Summoner's Exhaustion debuff.

Crap, forgot I also need to do my Charged Agornarch Rune for Fragment 47. Whoever wants to charge their rune (completing one gives 4 charges) or has a charged rune, on PS4, let's do it today!

Pics_nao

Finally finished the raid on normal and got above 300.

How rare are the flayer drops in the nightfall? Gonna try and grind out those mantles tonight if I can.

E92 M3

I am still waiting for Bungie to announce a way I could get the Void Sword without having to delete a character (never happening).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom