• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homeboyd

What's wrong with PvP?
A lot imo.

- "Aimbot snipers" as others have said
- Shotgun snipers (yes these still exist)
- Unbalanced class supers
- Unbalanced class abilities (hello warlock melee)
- Titan hammers (this needs its own mention)
- Vertigo and Memento (and I hear Sector 618 is especially bad)
- Mayhem (W O O F)
- Iron Banner (grinding, lag, bad low level rewards - yes I know this is supposedly better now)
- Rewards for playing (ie non-existent)
- Bounties that encourage playstyles that do not help your team
- PvE suffering due to Bungie nerfing shit for PvP instead of separating the 2
- Lack of variety in game modes (control, inferno control, zone control, etc etc)
- Lack of interesting weapon choices (yr 1; thorn/tlw, final round sniper or matador, grenades and horseshoes rockets; yr 2; pulses only, shotguns/1000 yr stare) - which causes blanket nerfs and shifting metas

I don't know. There's just a lot about it I hate which is why I always hate seeing questlines require pvp. I like collecting the exotics but man I just don't enjoy this game's pvp at all. There's more to list but I'll just stop here.

GG's last night man. Who was that guy who kept getting 320 drops? lol

No friend of mine

Yep, its going to be a slow creep from now on, I got a 317 RL and a 313 Chest which moved me slightly closer to 310.

I'm not even arsed about downing Oryx, will probably just do Totems to Sisters again during the week then see what light level I get to for the weekend, though Trials is back so will probably just infuse gear for an optimal PvP build

That seems like the smartest thing to do although I'm sure I'll bang my head against Oryx next week too. Shame there's nothing worthwhile in this raid aside from numbers. Those primary weapons need to be made far more compelling (and make the hard ones something more than a paint job)

Nightz

Finally finished the raid on normal and got above 300.

How rare are the flayer drops in the nightfall? Gonna try and grind out those mantles tonight if I can.

I've tried 10 times and haven't gotten any. I ran it twice with two guys earlier, one of them got the solar cloak. They ran another one after I left and both got the void cloak.

zewone

A lot imo.

- Mayhem (W O O F)
- Iron Banner (grinding, lag, bad low level rewards - yes I know this is supposedly better now)
- Lack of variety in game modes (control, inferno control, zone control, etc etc)
- Lack of interesting weapon choices (yr 1; thorn/tlw, final round sniper or matador, grenades and horseshoes rockets; yr 2; pulses only, shotguns/1000 yr stare) - which causes blanket nerfs and shifting metas

I don't know. There's just a lot about it I hate which is why I always hate seeing questlines require pvp. I like collecting the exotics but man I just don't enjoy this game's pvp at all. There's more to list but I'll just stop here.

As someone who used to play the pvp religiously, you're not wrong.

Y2 pvp is in a much worse state.

Finally finished the raid on normal and got above 300.

How rare are the flayer drops in the nightfall? Gonna try and grind out those mantles tonight if I can.

Drop chance is definitely higher in NF. I managed to get both void and solar and still need to grind for arc. I'll be on tonight if you want to group up for some cloak farming.

Psn: raizel76

Fonz72

Crap, forgot I also need to do my Charged Agornarch Rune for Fragment 47. Whoever wants to charge their rune (completing one gives 4 charges) or has a charged rune, on PS4, let's do it today!

What time you thinking? I have one with 3 charges, I'm down.

A lot imo.

- Mayhem (W O O F)

God, this bums me out.

Destiny PvP needs, at the very least:
-Sunbreaker Nerf
-Weapon Balancing :
  • -Buff HCs
  • -slightly nerf some Pulses.. they really shouldn't 2 shot you or throw your aim off that badly
  • -Nerf Shotgun range.
-Fix respawns
-Better maps
-Custom Games

As someone who used to play the pvp religiously, you're not wrong.

Y2 pvp is in a much worse state.

pvp was more fun when pulse rifles weren't top dog

3 burst kill only needing 1 or 2 to be a crit. Lame boring ass weapons. Auto rifles are more challenging to use than pulses and need perfect continuous head shots to reach similar TTK.

TheExodu5

Banned
So I played through the TTK campaign and 3 of the strikes yesterday.

Honestly, I can't see the changes everyone is talking about.

The campaign and strikes still consist of proceeding to the next area and killing wave after wave of enemies. Bosses are still bullet sponges with constant ads spawning. Slight improvements...some bosses have very minor mechanics, but they're so minor that they barely feel any different.

They could have done so much more. They could have made fights so much more involved.

sensui-tomo

beat nm oryx yesterday, got a nice ghost from it and now i'm at 301.. now the long treck to gain more light so i can have enough to get in hard mode with people (because who will bring a 301 to a raid when they'll increase in light levels due to drops )

PuMa

pvp was more fun when pulse rifles weren't top dog

3 burst kill only needing 1 or 2 to be a crit. Lame boring ass weapons. Auto rifles are more challenging to use than pulses and need perfect continuous head shots to reach similar TTK.

No way. Before the pulse craze, we had Thorns allday/everyday. which was much worse IMO. I actually don't mind the state of PVP right now, albeit there are still some legit gripes.

beat nm oryx yesterday, got a nice ghost from it and now i'm at 301.. now the long treck to gain more light so i can have enough to get in hard mode with people (because who will bring a 301 to a raid when they'll increase in light levels due to drops )

welp I do actually know someone who has finish HM Oryx as a light level 303 ;) just depends on the group you are with and your skills at staying alive honesty...

but vast majority would not do that :p

noomi

Not if you're a low Light Level it's not. :p

Noomi's group has a 314...

Yeah, gunnerz... that lucky bastard got to 314, and wicked is around 313 I think haha.

We'll all get there soon enough, by the time everyone is 315+ HM will be just as easy as NM was last week :)

Avixph

A lot imo.

- Mayhem (W O O F)

They also need to fix certain abilities short stopping like arcblade and shoulder charge. So frustrating to hear you hit an enemy but do nothing.

Thanks Lnkn! This is awesome.

Edit Top of Page:

gjFaRhP.gif

Woah what HC is that? o_O

purg3

slept with Malkin
Destiny PvP needs, at the very least:
-Sunbreaker Nerf
-Weapon Balancing :
  • -Buff HCs
  • -slightly nerf some Pulses.. they really shouldn't 2 shot you or throw your aim off that badly
  • -Nerf Shotgun range.
-Fix respawns
-Better maps
-Custom Games

This would make a big difference towards the better.

I don't get bungie's line of thought sometimes. They knew shotgun range was a huge issue, then give everyone a high impact shotgun with rangefinder as a quest reward..Rangefinder needs to be completely removed from shotguns all together.

HC is self explanatory, Absolutely no reason to use one in either SP or MP, needs a small PvP buff and a significant PvE buff I think.

These are the issues you run into when you don't balance separately between PvP and PvE.

No way. Before the pulse craze, we had Thorns allday/everyday. which was much worse IMO. I actually don't mind the state of PVP right now, albeit there are still some legit gripes.

Thorn with the new stacking dot would have been fantastic. Not everyone felt the need to be a Thorn knob so good games were had here and there. I just take umbrage to the most effective weapon type being the easiest to use on top of being the most versatile.

Grasp + Hawksaw eat autorifles
Red Death + Nirwen's eat hand cannons

Few maps allow scout rifles to stretch their legs but when they can they sit in their niche comfortably. Too bad most maps are cramped and sight lines are better occupied by snipers with crazy auto aim

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Anyone up for a quick few runs on POE on Xbox? I want to hit rank 3 and doing 32, 34 and Skolas will give me 1000 xp and I only need 998 xp.

I accidentally dismantled my sword and can't redo the quest. Only way so far is to just delete a whole character.

My quest has gone for my Warlock and its not in the abandoned list but I still have the sword.

PuMa

Thorn with the new stacking dot would have been fantastic. Not everyone felt the need to be a Thorn knob so good games were had here and there. I just take umbrage to the most effective weapon type being the easiest to use on top of being the most versatile.

Few maps allow scout rifles to stretch their legs but when they can they sit in their niche comfortably. Too bad most maps are cramped and sight lines are better occupied by snipers with crazy auto aim

This part really disappoints me because I do love my scout rifles. In vanilla, I used to bring my VoC out for select maps (Shores of Time!) and wreck house, even against Thorn users sometimes.

Bogeypop

Need 2 for a third Oryx HM kill. Having already killed Oryx HM is not necessary, but people with some first-hand experience with the alternate Oryx HM strategy are preferred.

E92 M3

Woooow. That really sucks. :-(

Yeah, I've noticed sometimes my weapons and armor becomes unlocked. Happened with the sword and I wasn't paying attention. I lock everything all the time as well.

Anyone up for a quick few runs on POE on Xbox? I want to hit rank 3 and doing 32, 34 and Skolas will give me 1000 xp and I only need 998 xp.

My quest has gone for my Warlock and its not in the abandoned list but I still have the sword.

That's weird, did you delete it by accident or anything?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Map design is the worst part of Destiny PvP. Almost every problem can be traced back to bad map design. "Well, shotguns are too strong." Yeah, but the maps are too narrow with too many corridors so shotguns dominate.

lt519

Need 2 for a third Oryx HM kill. Having already killed Oryx HM is not necessary, but people with some first-hand experience with the alternate Oryx HM strategy are preferred.

I'm in, rarbusto, I've watched the vids and am a quick study (; 311 light too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom