• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot imo.

- "Aimbot snipers" as others have said
- Shotgun snipers (yes these still exist)
- Unbalanced class supers
- Unbalanced class abilities (hello warlock melee)
- Titan hammers (this needs its own mention)
- Vertigo and Memento (and I hear Sector 618 is especially bad)
- Mayhem (W O O F)
- Iron Banner (grinding, lag, bad low level rewards - yes I know this is supposedly better now)
- Rewards for playing (ie non-existent)
- Bounties that encourage playstyles that do not help your team
- PvE suffering due to Bungie nerfing shit for PvP instead of separating the 2
- Lack of variety in game modes (control, inferno control, zone control, etc etc)
- Lack of interesting weapon choices (yr 1; thorn/tlw, final round sniper or matador, grenades and horseshoes rockets; yr 2; pulses only, shotguns/1000 yr stare) - which causes blanket nerfs and shifting metas

I don't know. There's just a lot about it I hate which is why I always hate seeing questlines require pvp. I like collecting the exotics but man I just don't enjoy this game's pvp at all. There's more to list but I'll just stop here.
I remember when green guns(shingen C) could dominate in pvp. Now you have to use a scout or pulse rifle to survive.

Map design is the worst part of Destiny PvP. Almost every problem can be traced back to bad map design. "Well, shotguns are too strong." Yeah, but the maps are too narrow with too many corridors so shotguns dominate.

Everything became Blind Watch and Twilight Gap

The rest of the original maps were pretty spacious, some to their detriment

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Yeah, I've noticed sometimes my weapons and armor becomes unlocked. Happened with the sword and I wasn't paying attention. I lock everything all the time as well.

That's weird, did you delete it by accident or anything?

Nope. I'm really dissapointed as well because I wanted to use my Warlock for all 3 swords plus the one missing was Solar which I wanted most out of the exotic versions.

BTW do you use any item managers for the phone or browser? Seen reports of those have unlocked items when transferring around.

Destiny PvP needs, at the very least:
-Sunbreaker Nerf
-Weapon Balancing :
  • -Buff HCs
  • -slightly nerf some Pulses.. they really shouldn't 2 shot you or throw your aim off that badly
  • -Nerf Shotgun range.
-Fix respawns
-Better maps
-Custom Games
Nah, no more nerfs man. I'm tired of it. Buff everything except scouts, pulse rifles, shotguns, and snipers.

Kyne

Finally finished the raid on normal and got above 300.

How rare are the flayer drops in the nightfall? Gonna try and grind out those mantles tonight if I can.

Drop chance is definitely higher in NF. I managed to get both void and solar and still need to grind for arc. I'll be on tonight if you want to group up for some cloak farming.

Psn: raizel76

ahoy there~

I also need solar/arc and will be on later tonight. Hit me up if you need a third. :)

psn: Chrnocide

Alright so 2 sets of Agonarch rune runs (Unless someone knows how you can get in the same patrol instance with 2 parties of 3.. how did Dunk7 do it last night?)

515 CST:
1) Me
2) Fonz
3) Hig

530pm CST:
1) Me
2) Jonny_Utah749
3) Luis_23

Or if Fonz and Jonny wants to run together, we can switch around. Anything works fine for me

Lol no, if you have rune at 0, doing the mission with someone who activates a fully charged one, you can go from 0-7 straight away. Just make sure you get a few hits on the yellow bar enemies.

Ohhh... I forgot I just got a brand new Agonarch rune midway through someone else's run and I ended with 4/7 charges on it. Derp

E92 M3

Nope. I'm really dissapointed as well because I wanted to use my Warlock for all 3 swords plus the one missing was Solar which I wanted most out of the exotic versions.

BTW do you use any item managers for the phone or browser? Seen reports of those have unlocked items when transferring around.

Yeah, I use Tower Ghost but haven't been able to recreate it consistently.

Thanks Lnkn! This is awesome.

Edit Top of Page:

gjFaRhP.gif

LOL - dat gif doe

TacticalFailure

Neo Member
I know this has probably been asked before, but what is everyone doing with year one legendaries and exotics. My vault is always close to full, but I don't want to shard everything in case bungie does another etheric light sort of mechanic to ascend year one weapons and gear.

Kyne

I know this has probably been asked before, but what is everyone doing with year one legendaries and exotics. My vault is always close to full, but I don't want to shard everything in case bungie does another etheric light sort of mechanic to ascend year one weapons and gear.

sharding everything.

Kyoufu

Shard them all. If they ever do an Etheric Light mechanic (they won't) then you can buy them from the kiosk.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Looking for more for fresh Hard Mode raid!

Our first time in, we'll plan to look up whatever we don't know as a group.

Asking for 306+, mic required. Copy and paste the list with your username, we'll leave when we fill up!

1. crophonso
2. tastypwnwhich

E92 M3

Keeping raid weapons and select year 1 weapons like The Devil You know. It's the only thing I have that keep tracks of Destiny career.

Mupod

hope the oryx train is still running when I get home from work. Titan is ready at 310.

Have people been infusing up their ToM? Seems like it'd help a great deal on that fight and absolutely nowhere else. I kind of just want to pump everything into Tlaloc for Trials but that's warlock-only of course.

hope the oryx train is still running when I get home from work. Titan is ready at 310.

Have people been infusing up their ToM? Seems like it'd help a great deal on that fight and absolutely nowhere else. I kind of just want to pump everything into Tlaloc for Trials but that's warlock-only of course.

Want to try out Noomi's strat after work? If it isn't working for the group we can fall back to the alt strat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom