• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the reddit help wiki states that players get one free legendary mask per character (three per account). I only got one on my first character. Did I miss something after collecting the candy, or is the wiki false?

Klyka

Banned
Source? Have you gotten any to drop from one of those bags?

I am at work, so no.

People on reddit have said they got it from there and also from dismantling masks (not just legendary).

They probably just have a very low drop chance cause Bungie wants to make some money,which is normal.

I remember on the first day Carlton came out, a blueberry at the tower walked up to the Eververse, bought the Carlton, turned around and saw me and began using it hahahaha. It's pretty funny

The only thing I've ever wasted money on is Fifa packs but at least those help you build progress towards players you can use in the game.

This is just RNG cosmetic bullshit. I wouldn't put a penny towards this.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
The only thing I've ever wasted money on is Fifa packs but at least those help you build progress towards players you can use in the game.

Untold millions of dollars are made on sales of such "cosmetic bullshit".

LiK

well ,I mean, it's for fun. not game-breaking or anything.

I bought a $20 pack of silver during Iron Banner and only purchased 1 extra regular emote, waiting on a new dance. I'm ready for the Thriller!

Plus, I want to support future dev of this game.

I just wish these were Bungie.net account wide so I could use for both XB1 and PS4 but oh well!

GhaleonEB

I think you missed the point.

Bungie only ever going to sell cosmetic stuff for spacebucks, with which they'll fund events (like this) and other content (hopefully like the map released today as well). It's all going to be 'cosmetic bullshit' so as to not break the game.

Namikaze1

Took a while to find a decent shader to go with the mask. Finally found it in Thunderdevil. I am complete.

i4BFmW4.png

Oryx's Mask and Thriller dance got!

DNAbro

making us spend real life money for non-cosmetic shit would be awful in Destiny.

Kyne

the bolded is exactly what the community doesn't want.

where have you been?

If Bungie made and charged for a slew of cosmetic armor we could then infuse are actual armor in to they'd make buku bucks. Or just added a cosmetic slot...

Klyka

Banned
making us spend real life money for non-cosmetic shit would be awful in Destiny.

"World First purchase of new Raid Gear in Destiny after 4 seconds sets new record! Gothalion says 'Did not believe I am the first,it feels amazing to spend 10$ on a weapon!'"

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
What I've got so far in terms of masks. Oryx looks real good but the Crota one looks really bad and blurry.

• Crota
  • Atheon
  • Eris Morn
  • The Speaker
  • The Traveler
  • Cryptarch
  • Exotic Engram
  • Warden

If Bungie made and charged for a slew of cosmetic armor we could then infuse are actual armor in to they'd make buku bucks. Or just added a cosmetic slot...

Well, I wouldn't want them to make all the good looking crap paid-dlc. I want our current armor to look good, too! But yea, they should let us use these Masks on top of our Helmets.

Transmog should already be in-game :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom