• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

Everybody calm down. YOU can spend your money how you'd like. I was just thinking out loud for MYSELF.

Your post strongly implied that you are disappointed in the event because they are only selling "cosmetic bullshit", when the plan to only sell cosmetic stuff to fund ongoing content was already announced. Of course you can spend your money howevs, just don't expect to to ever be anything but cosmetic stuff. Now go trick or treating for me, I'm stuck at work. :(

Assuming Helmets have an even shot at dropping as everything else, for getting all 9 pieces of gear drop at 320
It'd take 1 over (4.5/99) ^ 9 = 1.2072692e+12 raid attempts which is about 1,207,268,200,000 attempts. Hahaha this is also assuming everything can drop once.

I'm not sure where you're getting those number from, but that formula calculates the chance of getting a 320 on all 9 drops from one raid, not multiple raids. Which is not even possible in reality, as you can't get all 9 pieces of gear in one run.

Your post strongly implied that you are disappointed in the event because they are only selling "cosmetic bullshit", when the plan to only sell cosmetic stuff to fund ongoing content was already announced. Of course you can spend your money howevs, just don't expect to to ever be anything but cosmetic stuff. Now go trick or treating for me, I'm stuck at work. :(

I meant the RNG part is bullshit. You don't know what you're gonna get.

I think you missed the point.

Bungie only ever going to sell cosmetic stuff for spacebucks, with which they'll fund events (like this) and other content (hopefully like the map released today as well). It's all going to be 'cosmetic bullshit' so as to not break the game.

Yup, I for one hope that they only ever sell cosmetic stuff.

Seriously tho vanity slot or riot

Namikaze1

I need 5 guardians, each with different masks on. No, you can't have Oryx Mask on since I called dibs on it. Must also have Thriller dance emote. I think you know what we're gonna do. :p

I'm not sure where you're getting those number from, but that formula calculates the chance of getting a 320 on all 9 drops from one raid, not multiple raids. Which is not even possible in reality, as you can't get all 9 pieces of gear in one run.

Yea I can't calculate the exact number, especially since I don't know the odds of the helm dropping. And it'd take each phase of the hard raid to calculate which I don't know the exact loot table. But this isn't by calculating getting all drops at once, it's keeping history without caring about history, if that makes sense. Meaning you can still get a 320 primary even though you've already gotten a 320 primary. It just needs to fill all 9 slots. Unless I'm missing something else :|

Assuming helm has equal chance, and each piece can drop once from the raid.. do you know what that calculation would be?

I thought it would be (4.5/9 * 1/11) ^ 9

Frenden

Banned
did you buy the packs to get all of them?

are they purple cuz blues disappear after event is over.
Yeah. And then I bought blue packs and glued them into legendaries by dismantling dupe purples from the packs and using their paper and glue drops.

OkayRene

You guys are all talking about the Thriller emote and I'm over here like

♫ Everybody, yeah
Rock your body, yeah ♫

I want a duet emote, where both guardians have to own it and activate it next to each other, but then it acts out the entire fight scene from, "They Live"

Yea I can't calculate the exact number, especially since I don't know the odds of the helm dropping. And it'd take each phase of the hard raid to calculate which I don't know the exact loot table. But this isn't by calculating getting all drops at once, it's keeping history without caring about history, if that makes sense. Meaning you can still get a 320 primary even though you've already gotten a 320 primary. It just needs to fill all 9 slots. Unless I'm missing something else :|

Yeah without knowing the loot tables it makes it hard. You might be right now that I'm looking at it again. I'm trying to work it out in my head at work while pretending I'm working haha.

Also the guaranteed drop from oryx makes it a little different and I'm not actually sure how that works. Is it a guaranteed piece of gear from anywhere in the raid, meaning you can't get a helmet and another piece of gear from him?

LTWood12

Beat it emote would be good too.

beat-it-o.gif

I think we'll probably see it. Michael Peters (in the white jacket, left of MJ) choreographed Thriller & Beat It.

I just don't see myself buying any new emotes (slow clap is still the best), and I don't know which masks to try to get. The speaker looks cool and maybe the skull. I'm not trying to have every mask take up space in my inventory.

Yeah without knowing the loot tables it makes it hard. You might be right now that I'm looking at it again. I'm trying to work it out in my head at work while pretending I'm working haha.

Also the guaranteed drop from oryx makes it a little different and I'm not actually sure how that works. Is it a guaranteed piece of gear from anywhere in the raid, meaning you can't get a helmet and another piece of gear from him?

Hahaha me too. Yea, even the helmet alone would make the odds worse, since it's harder to get a helm. And also you have multiple chances at primary (mostly), secondary, and heavy since there are multiple guns, so it skews it somewhat. And their loot system might do some historical calculations in an attempt to give a different roll of some kind . But yea, I just wanted to mess around with some numbers too :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom