• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiv47

Like I said, I'd rather that new people get to go in and have a good time.

I'll just add Shiv to my friends list and we'll get things hashed out when the time comes in an hour or so. Chances are that somebody will be late or already in a group or something anyway, and if that doesn't happen I'm gonna go work on my mask-grinding quests while I look for more normal mode runs.

King's Fall Normal Mode @ 9:30 PM EST

1. shiv2099
2. Mugiwara112
3. Goomba_Stomper
4. Goomba_Stomper's friend
5. futbol_dude77
6. border199x or US-Frostburn

Sorry, just getting caught back up with the thread, was out running some errands with my daughter. No problem on sorting out the team once things are ready to get started. Added the three of you who sent FR's.

Frenden

Banned
I've been seriously dragging feet on my sword quest and I just got the material farming/void kills portion on my hunter. With the horrific drop rate and weak ass void nades on my hunter, this is going to take foooooooorever.

E92 M3

If those mask could be equipped into the vanity slot....Bungie would have made millions more.

Also, emote wheel please, Bungie. I'd buy more emotes but don't fee like only having one new at a time.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Guys, I need your help.

Are there any known glitches regarding Caclified Fragments?

Last night I was at 44 Fragments (which I checked via the Dreadnaught map screen right before I did this quest) and I just did the Court Of Oryx quest where you first kill the 3 thralls with melee, then the Antiquted ruin quest where you clear it under 2 minutes. I redeemed the completed quest, saw a Calcified Fragment pop as a reward, BUT my counter is still at 44! Trust me, I didn't mistake the amount I had before the quest. What the fuck is going on here?!

If those mask could be equipped into the vanity slot....Bungie would have made millions more.

Also, emote wheel please, Bungie. I'd buy more emotes but don't fee like only having one new at a time.
Luke said they're working on allowing us to equip more emotes.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do a vanity slot as well down the road. These masks would be awesome to use all the time.

2 Atheon masks
1 Oryx mask
1 Skolas mask
3 Crota masks
3 Legendary Engram masks
4 Uncommon Engram masks
2 Petra masks
3 Warden masks
1 Cryptarch mask
1 Xur mask
1 Eris mask
2 Traveler masks
2 Speaker masks
3 Tiger masks

0 Exotic Engram mask

Don't know if the Skull mask can even drop without spending any money on Silver for those packages.

I got the mask I wanted most anyway (Oryx)

Lol exotic engram is the first one i got.

rezn0r

I've been seriously dragging feet on my sword quest and I just got the material farming/void kills portion on my hunter. With the horrific drop rate and weak ass void nades on my hunter, this is going to take foooooooorever.

lucky for you i finished mine earlier with a new trick i learned!

load up siege of the warmind & have the legendary sword equipped. get it to very low ammo and then hold L2 to block/drain the rest of the ammo. move in to the first room and kill all of the hive (tons of thralls spawn) with the melee hilt attack. it will count as a void ability kill. **i don't think this works on gunslinger or nightstalker since their melees are throws. but it worked great for me on warlock

edit - just realized that would mean you are on nightstalker, sorry if this is useless for you. i did all 3 swords on warlock.

i don't have any tips for the special material farming besides equipping a sniper with good zoom along with a ghost that will detect that type of node.

good luck

Guys, I need your help.

Are there any known glitches regarding Caclified Fragments?

Last night I was at 44 Fragments (which I checked via the Dreadnaught map screen right before I did this quest) and I just did the Court Of Oryx quest where you first kill the 3 thralls with melee, then the Antiquted ruin quest where you clear it under 2 minutes. I redeemed the completed quest, saw a Calcified Fragment pop as a reward, BUT my counter is still at 44! Trust me, I didn't mistake the amount I had before the quest. What the fuck is going on here?!

i thought i read somewhere one of them is glitched, as in you do have 45 and the quest should still open, but it'll still say 44. i'm not totally sure on this though.

E92 M3

I wouldn't be surprised if they do a vanity slot as well down the road. These masks would be awesome to use all the time.

Oh, I must have missed that. When did he say it? That and a vanity slot would be a dream come true. Vanity is very important :p

jediyoshi

Took me 2 hours farming the rare materials using the area reset glitch. Basically you want to find a resource node (ideally two close to each other and near the exit of an area), collect them and then Sparrow to another area until its area name pops up and then Sparrow back to the nodes. They'll be in the same spot and you can collect them again. Only thing I've seen mess it up is when someone else also collects the node.

DarKshodaN

That would be great, i would wear the skull all the time, it looks awesome on my warlock

Oh, I must have missed that. When did he say it? That and a vanity slot would be a dream come true. Vanity is very important :p

Though vanity's actually kinda a tricky matter in Destiny once you think about it. Appearance is important as is, especially in PvP, since it gives you a visual indication of what an enemy's using. But I guess this only really matters with exotics. I'm sure there's a good compromise - like being unable to equip a vanity item in an armor slot where you have an exotic equipped.

neoism

fill your candy bag, i think that's how i got new ones

yes i know lol ive done like 5-6 bags soo far but you only get rare masks.. im talking about getting leg masks... which seems like you have to get with real money... the leg masks you can keep forever.. the rare ones will disappear the 9th..
unless there is a low chance for a leg mask from a bag.. that i dont know about.. :/
i wanted to try for all 16 legs so i could keep them all.. my not bother now..

Daemul

I was busy playing Halo and a mate of mine messaged me about some Halloween event going on in the Tower. I just logged on real quick to check it out for 5 mins and it's quite cool, not something I'm really into, but it's good to see Bungie doing stuff like this, it's good for the community.

Cayde's Eris mask ethered me.

Goth said on his stream that he asked Luke about the emote slots and Luke told him they're working on it already. I do hope that vanity is next.

darthbob

So, I've got three quests, but I can't do any of them because I don't have the masks. Only mask I have is Atheon.

You best get to killin' while wearing Atheon's severed dome or pony up the cash to get a chance at a drop of one of those applicable masks.

On the bright side, you can actually get 1 step of a quest done by wearing Atheon on jumping off the Tower.

Edit: Exclusion Zone heroic is a good place to farm for candy, since majors are worth 5 candies.

E92 M3

Though vanity's actually kinda a tricky matter in Destiny once you think about it. Appearance is important as is, especially in PvP, since it gives you a visual indication of what an enemy's using. But I guess this only really matters with exotics. I'm sure there's a good compromise - like being unable to equip a vanity item in an armor slot where you have an exotic equipped.

I am sure they can figure it out :p

Goth said on his stream that he asked Luke about the emote slots and Luke told him they're working on it already. I do hope that vanity is next.

Awesome, hopefully they don't take 2 months for implementation.

Frenden

Banned
Not having Atheon is keeping me from finishing my last quest. Have all other masks.

Anyone know if there's a reward for completing all the quests? An emblem? Shader? Anything?

Kydd BlaZe

Can anybody help me with the last part of this stupid Red Bull quest line? Need 2 more guardians to complete this Shield Brothers Strike mission in under 18 minutes. The matchmaking isn't finding anyone for me for some reason.

(PS4) Add Kydd-BlaZe if interested.

Any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom