• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait I just thought of something.

What if, in order to get an elemental No Time to Explain, you had to do Hard mode Atheon? It seems everyone just rushed normal mode...

LOL!

On Xb1, I just run 1 character since TTK, a Titan. My other 2 chars are still Level 34 / Light 170ish. I just logged in to download the patch. Phenom Jr asks me to do the nightfall and so we grab my nephew, do the nightfall. What do I get..... FLAYER MANTLE!!!! I want this thing on PS4 so naturally it gives it to me on Xbox. Grrr

Afrocious

LOL!

On Xb1, I just run 1 character since TTK, a Titan. My other 2 chars are still Level 34 / Light 170ish. I just logged in to download the patch. Phenom Jr asks me to do the nightfall and so we grab my nephew, do the nightfall. What do I get..... FLAYER MANTLE!!!! I want this thing on PS4 so naturally it gives it to me on Xbox. Grrr

Are you Jiggaman?

Haha. Yeah, they're all Year 1 ships. I've been using the same ship for awhile now, and I'm kind of tired it and wanted something until I get the New Monarchy ship. Honestly, though, it sounds like a bit more trouble that I'm willing to go through. Thanks, though!

You have chosen... wisely.

After that Kotaku article the OT title is so appropriate

That's the idea ;) Subtitle is a link to the Kotaku article.

Figured it was good timing with the exotic quest opening today, plus I wasn't dying to have a title referencing the shadowshot cheat. Sooner we can forget that, the better.

blackflag

Great reset

Start the raid with 2 shards....end with 18

Get a 285 sidearm, 286 class item, and some coins for the nightfalls

The salt is flowing

MrDaravon

Thanks so much for running me through that nami, I'm sick and have had a very bad day, was really nice to unexpectedly be able to get on and knock that out :D

Klyka

Banned
Ok so after reading the Schreier article and thinking about it for a while, I have come to my personal conclusion:

We won't be seeing any new areas and bigger content for the next year.
We might see some tiny, like 2-3 room stuff added to existing areas, but we won't be getting bigger things.

Now you ask: Why?

And I feel it's because of Destiny 2 and how that game has one very very specific task:
To have as much content on it's release as humanly possible by Bungie.

This is critical because one if not THE most critized thing about Destiny 1, both it's DLCs AND TTK is the content and the amount of it and how it all uses the same areas over and over.

So Bungie will want to hit the big reset button with Destiny 2.
Reset the review scores. Reset Metacritic. Reset the public opinion.
They need to "wow!" people. People need to take one look at the game or a trailer of it and go "Wow, ok, that looks a LOT bigger than the Destiny I've seen so far!"

And this is why I think that any slightly substantial content won't be "dripfed" out to us, but will instead be squished into Destiny 2 because it needs to be the biggest, most content rich game they have made.

Namikaze1

Thanks so much for running me through that nami, I'm sick and have had a very bad day, was really nice to unexpectedly be able to get on and knock that out :D
No problem. Glad I could help. :)

Well, I'm done for the day. Gave out Atheon CP to so many gaffers. The NTTE Hype is real!

Plus Atheon looked a little lonely. :(

You guys should visit him more often. Forget about Crota though. That guy is always angry.

phen0m24

LOL!

LOL thanks X you da man

I was only busting on you with the earlier comments too - if you want to bail for Halo go for it!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom