• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the quest related to the heroic story today? I tried to get the ghosts this morning, but missed one and couldn't get back up from the bottom of the platforms.

Yes. You need to get the three ghosts to unlock the secret portal and kill the boss there. You get another ghost to turn into the FWC vendor which is required to start the NTTE quest. Sadly if you do it today the NTTE won't unlock yet. Hopefully tomorrow.

lt519

Nice raid guys, that was smooth, under an hour and a half. Two Yasmin's (307, 303), a Shotgun (300), 308 Chest Armor, and a 310 Hereafter. Not a bad haul.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Is the quest related to the heroic story today? I tried to get the ghosts this morning, but missed one and couldn't get back up from the bottom of the platforms.
To get the next stage of the quest, you have to have collected the Ghost before todays Daily Heroic. If you're doing todays Daily Heroic and getting all the Ghosts for the first time, then it's going to be one of two eventualities:
1) The next stage appears upon todays rollover.
2) The next stage will not appear until the next time that Paradox is the Daily Heroic.

304 gloves
290 ghost shell
18 strange coins

NF rewards improved but these were pretty much shit tier for me excluding the strange coins :(

Edit: I got the Void Mantle but I'm probably the only one here who thinks they look hideous.

Ok so after reading the Schreier article and thinking about it for a while, I have come to my personal conclusion:

We won't be seeing any new areas and bigger content for the next year.
We might see some tiny, like 2-3 room stuff added to existing areas, but we won't be getting bigger things.

Now you ask: Why?

And I feel it's because of Destiny 2 and how that game has one very very specific task:
To have as much content on it's release as humanly possible by Bungie.

This is critical because one if not THE most critized thing about Destiny 1, both it's DLCs AND TTK is the content and the amount of it and how it all uses the same areas over and over.

So Bungie will want to hit the big reset button with Destiny 2.
Reset the review scores. Reset Metacritic. Reset the public opinion.
They need to "wow!" people. People need to take one look at the game or a trailer of it and go "Wow, ok, that looks a LOT bigger than the Destiny I've seen so far!"

And this is why I think that any slightly substantial content won't be "dripfed" out to us, but will instead be squished into Destiny 2 because it needs to be the biggest, most content rich game they have made.

Im thinking the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom