• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

noomi

Dude we just 5 manned Oryx at the first try, that start is amazing, i was the floater solo, as one of us died at the second phase. Amazing.

You guys 5 manned it? Holy shit haha, nicely done :)

Nirwen too.

I don't see anyone talking about Nirwen's Mercy anymore. Is it so outclassed by those weapons?

Ah yes, it's pretty good as well.

I would put them in this order:

1. Grasp of Malok
2. Hawksaw/Bad Juju
3. Nirwens Mercy

My personal opinion of course ;)

darthbob

You guys 5 manned it? Holy shit haha, nicely done :)

Ah yes, it's pretty good as well.

I would put them in this order:

1. Grasp of Malok
2. Hawksaw/Bad Juju
3. Nirwens Mercy

My personal opinion of course ;)

What's a good roll for Malok? Worth grinding Omnigul for?

can' believe the Speaker let people decorate the Traveller like that,

fucking heathens....

tumblr_inline_mho4oqquoV1qz4rgp.jpg

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
LFG postings are getting stupid again.

This is for King's Fall Normal mode...

Kind of want to join the group just to sandbag and "forget" to DPS anything.

Honestly I can't hate on that posting too much. If I'm running a LFG group, I would only want to do it with people who had run it multiple times before and has ToM. If it's a GAF group, I wouldn't care if it's your first time, that's fine.

commish

That's weird, on my first kill we did it with only 4 alive.

We wiped on the final DPS part TWICE last night. Each time we only had 4 up, and I think all but one were well below 310. I think ToM > sniper for the last part. We switched to ToM and it died almost instantly.

Frostburn

That's weird, on my first kill we did it with only 4 alive.

I think it depends a lot on the light level of the group. We died at the last DPS phase last night I think twice because we only had 4 people up and almost all below 310. Never got to try it with 5 but with all 6 of us up he went down almost instantly after that last phase started. Huge difference to be missing out on 33% of your DPS for that part I think, especially while we are still a bit under leveled.

haha jinx
We wiped on the final DPS part TWICE last night. Each time we only had 4 up, and I think all but one were well below 310. I think ToM > sniper for the last part. We switched to ToM and it died almost instantly.

E92 M3

I bet one of them was using a Hung Jury

Maybe one day you will use the Hung Jury and see all of its glory.

Yeah, ToM seems to be designed for the raid.

I think it depends a lot on the light level of the group. We died at the last DPS phase last night I think twice because we only had 4 people up and almost all below 310. Never got to try it with 5 but with all 6 of us up he went down almost instantly after that last phase started. Huge difference to be missing out on 33% of your DPS for that part I think, especially while we are still a bit under leveled.

No argument there, but it always seems like the DPS required is less than for the bomb stagger.

Ozone

Yes, so happy to finally have finished it even if I'm paying for it at work now.

My drops were shit though.

312 rocket launcher (my first KF heavy drop, woooo)
314 boots (not bad...)
311 boots from Oryx (ugh)

I'd be happy to run with you again at some point Ozone, maybe this time not on a work night though :p
For sure! I'm sitting at my desk trying to look awake. Not sure if I'm pulling it off.

noomi

What's a good roll for Malok? Worth grinding Omnigul for?

God Roll would be pretty much anything with Braced Frame (most important) & Feeding Frenzy. I was lucky enough to get that roll with secret round and red dot ores in about 3-4 hours of grinding, others.... have grinned probably something like 12 hours and no braced frame at all. Hand Laid stock is also decent.

If you are going to farm I would suggest waiting for Nightfall version of Omnigul.

Frostburn

No argument there, but it always seems like the DPS required is less than for the bomb stagger.

Yeah I agree, maybe it was just people using snipers (ever since I've had ToM I've always used that for the entire fight minus the Ogres and Shade of Oryx myself)

GorillaJu

I'm pretty sure they nerfed the stat boost that carrying the relic gives you, because I used to be able to throw grenades for DAYS with Simmering Flames and a high Disc while using the relic in that strike.

They didn't nerf the stat boost.. being able to spam Vanish in Smoke made the difference for us. It was honestly jsut getting matched with shit players.

Dude we just 5 manned Oryx at the first try, that start is amazing, i was the floater solo, as one of us died at the second phase. Amazing.

Noomi's strat? I tried it out last night for a bit with a group but we weren't getting the timing down. Might've been too low average light level, though.

Later that night I was in a group that had to 5 man at least one cycle, might have been 2 but I can't remember, and we used the "safe" strat.

Namikaze1

Don't know if our 6th is coming back. We may need 1 more for HM oryx just in case he doesn't.

Edit: we definitely need one more

Edit: nevermind

HigXx

Havent played the Valus strike since the Taken King came out in September because its never appeared for me and now ive had it 3 timea in a row

commish

Yeah I agree, maybe it was just people using snipers (ever since I've had ToM I've always used that for the entire fight minus the Ogres and Shade of Oryx myself)

Yeah, we should have used ToM for that from the start. I cried a little IRL when we wiped that second time. I still can't believe we wasted 20 minutes simply because of the pumpkin heads :)

darthbob

God Roll would be pretty much anything with Braced Frame (most important) & Feeding Frenzy. I was lucky enough to get that roll with secret round and red dot ores in about 3-4 hours of grinding, others.... have grinned probably something like 12 hours and no braced frame at all. Hand Laid stock is also decent.

If you are going to farm I would suggest waiting for Nightfall version of Omnigul.

Gotcha.

I'm never getting Malok lmao, will stick with Nirwen.

Kyne

What was that strategy?

Need 2 for fresh HM King's Fall Raid. People who have gotten an Oryx HM kill with the alternate strategyonly.

I think I asked you yesterday but I'm not sure if you responded. Is there anywhere I can read up on this strat?

commish

I think I asked you yesterday but I'm not sure if you responded. Is there anywhere I can read up on this strat?

It's almost the same as normal strategy. You just don't kill ogres (get to 25%), jump to daughters platform opposite oryx, DPS oryx, finish ogres, set off bombs. The hardest part is staying alive.

What was that strategy?

Here's the guide I posted when my group developed the strat this weekend.

Alright, alternate strategy for Oryx:

1. Starts normally; 1 jumper, 3 on the platforms, 2 on the daughters platform (whoever the relic is above is the floater who can be on the daughters platform).
2. 3 on the platforms crouch on the back of their platform and don't need to do anything. 2 on the daughters need to weaken all the ogres (25-50%).
3. When the jumper calls out that he has the relic, everyone gets to the daughter platform that is opposite of Oryx. Watch out for that pesky ship. Start shooting the vessel once the relic holder steals the brand, but everyone switch to Oryx once he opens up.
4. Stagger Oryx, finish killing the vessel, and then 4 designated people (most likely the platform people) each call out when they are ready to kill their ogre. You have 30 seconds from stagger to detonation, so take your time. Once you get 4 "readys" kill them, the 4 jump down and detonate their bombs. Relic holder jumps down to the floor in the middle, and everyone groups up there. Keep shooting Oryx.
5. The rest is the same. Just repeat 3 more times and you have your kill.

Hope that all made sense!

Edit: And here's the video of our clear from my perspective. Apologies for the loud typing in the beginning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU8KP3rNwvI

This might be a weird question but anyone try to play Halo 5 last night and miss their space magic and rocket jumps and treasured weapons?

I just...wasn't feeling it, guys...

I honestly wouldn't worry about it too much. Once people get better gear in the coming weeks everyone might revert to just doing it the normal way and killing the Light-Eater Knights.

Yeah, I think Noomi's strategy is more efficient but requires higher light levels from at least a couple of people in your group. Trying it last night with below 310s wasn't working so we fell back to the safe strat.

Kyne

I honestly wouldn't worry about it too much. Once people get better gear in the coming weeks everyone might revert to just doing it the normal way and killing the Light-Eater Knights.

maybe, but the way things have been looking I won't be able to find a group while I'm sub 311 so I figured I'd better get it down now. =\

off (sort of on) topic, these stress balls I bought are apparently worth over $100 now..

LiK

Yeah, I think Noomi's strategy is more efficient but requires higher light levels from at least a couple of people in your group. Trying it last night with below 310s wasn't working so we fell back to the safe strat.

this is why I'm waiting to get above 310 before doing Oryx again. doing less dmg and being more squishy makes that entire fight suck.

this is why I'm waiting to get above 310 before doing Oryx again. doing less dmg and being more squishy makes that entire fight suck.

Yeah, it's doable using the safe strat below 310 but it's not very fun in my opinion. Half the fire team is just crouching on platforms for like 20ish seconds 4 times during the fight. Pretty boring.

Nuszka

Noomi's strat? I tried it out last night for a bit with a group but we weren't getting the timing down. Might've been too low average light level, though.

Later that night I was in a group that had to 5 man at least one cycle, might have been 2 but I can't remember, and we used the "safe" strat.

We had 2x 311 2x310 a 308 and a 309. I was the 311 on top and after the second circle i was there solo for the rest of the time as we lost a 311. Make sure the timing on dps on oryx is just perfect, when he slams the fist you have around 6-7 seconds to deal with all the enemies, do not waste your time on doing it to early.

Can't believe we failed the final dps. That was our run. Somehow managed to 5 man the rest of it after losing one to first shade.
Why the hell does it teleport you under a swinging sword? I was literally alive in the bubble for 1.5 seconds. The haze from the teleport wasn't even gone and I was dead from his sword.

And then not making it at the Dps part. I didn't even know that was possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom