• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palmer_v1

God Roll would be pretty much anything with Braced Frame (most important) & Feeding Frenzy. I was lucky enough to get that roll with secret round and red dot ores in about 3-4 hours of grinding, others.... have grinned probably something like 12 hours and no braced frame at all. Hand Laid stock is also decent.

If you are going to farm I would suggest waiting for Nightfall version of Omnigul.

Why NF Omnigul for farming?

Tovarisc

Why NF Omnigul for farming?

NF bosses can't drop legendary engrams anymore, but can still drop their strike specific items like Omnigul bond and SR. Because everything else is removed from bosses loot pool it means you are more likely to get that strike specific gear.

Reason why people farmed last week's NF so much, easy cloaks.

edit: beaten like NM Oryx

zewone

I was on a little vacation this weekend...

How is the KF HM? The loot table is like VoG or like the bad Crota way lol?

I don't know how to answer that question.

KF HM has the exact same loot table as NM, except instead of 300-310, it's now 310-320.

Only difference is no shards in HM and Oryx has a guaranteed drop.

Dreez

Plus the drop rate is much higher in Nightfall. You could do normal strike Omnigul loads and loads for no drops but do Nightfall half a dozen times and get a few strike drops.

Hi, does using 3 of Coins affect your chance of getting a strike drop or are exotics are in a different pool?

Mupod

Lag. Lag is the answer. I've noticed hard mode glitching way more than normal mode too.

Our group after you left kept having shitty runs at Oryx because our bombs would not detonate and we'd lose 1-2 people every single detonation phase. Ogres would freak out and target people for no reason, I even died in the invincibility bubble once. I was right in the middle of it with plenty of witnesses, just dead for no reason. Shade randomly murdering people in midair, knights shooting after they despawned, Oryx starting the 'artillery' phase early.

After I took us back to orbit and re-entered it was much more manageable. Bombs detonating on time, etc. Still took us a while but we got it down.

I do think the other strat would be fine and much safer. The problem with the 'easy' strat is it's very risky and tons of things can go wrong - mostly related to adds not moving as expected. But unless your runner is AMAZING they will occasionally get screwed over by ogres.

People, myself included, just need to learn where (and when) the light-eaters spawn. Also I bet you can one shot them with a sniper if you're somewhat over 311, I was almost doing it at 310.

ethomaz

Banned
worse than both.

The loot table is the worst variation yet, imo

I don't know how to answer that question.

KF HM has the exact same loot table as NM, except instead of 300-310, it's now 310-320.

Only difference is no shards in HM and Oryx has a guaranteed drop.

HM loot table has possibility of getting Nothing as drop from boss kill.

Let that sink in for a moment.
OMG :(

So I can play only HM or I need to do both? VoG loot table feels so good now.

Namikaze1

We didn't kill Oryx but thanks for the help anyway, guys.

We gave it our best.

I suggest folks should stick to a certain spot when running around from King's Wrath. If I'm running stairs, don't head to stairs or else you'll screw me up and the guy running around platforms closest to me because I have to run to middle due to your mistake. Also, if a platform is open during a second King's Wrath (if we didn't detonate enough bombs), run around that platform. No need to run stairs or middle.

I'm still upset we failed the last DPS check in that one run.

I've got 3 Grasps of Maloks in the last 2 days.

All trash tier.

I hate farming.

I only farm for a certain amount of time and the move on. Usually 30-60 minutes. Outside of that it just becomes mind numbing. My second grasp has Exhumed, Braced Frame, and Third Eye. I'm good with that roll.

LiK

We didn't kill Oryx but thanks for the help anyway, guys.

We gave it our best.

I suggest folks should stick to a certain spot when running around from King's Wrath. If I'm running stairs, don't head to stairs or else you'll screw me up and the guy running around platforms closest to me because I have to run to middle due to your mistake. Also, if a platform is open during a second King's Wrath (if we didn't detonate enough bombs), run around that platform. No need to run stairs or middle.

I'm still upset we failed the last DPS check in that one run.

i'll help you this week if I get some drops from fresh HM that raises my light. keep me in mind if you wanna do it again later.

Our group after you left kept having shitty runs at Oryx because our bombs would not detonate and we'd lose 1-2 people every single detonation phase. Ogres would freak out and target people for no reason, I even died in the invincibility bubble once. I was right in the middle of it with plenty of witnesses, just dead for no reason. Shade randomly murdering people in midair, knights shooting after they despawned, Oryx starting the 'artillery' phase early.

After I took us back to orbit and re-entered it was much more manageable. Bombs detonating on time, etc. Still took us a while but we got it down.

I do think the other strat would be fine and much safer. The problem with the 'easy' strat is it's very risky and tons of things can go wrong - mostly related to adds not moving as expected. But unless your runner is AMAZING they will occasionally get screwed over by ogres.

People, myself included, just need to learn where (and when) the light-eaters spawn. Also I bet you can one shot them with a sniper if you're somewhat over 311, I was almost doing it at 310.

Maybe we try it out tonight. I'll bring a character above 310.

Rubenov

Kind of interesting when Destiny's thread, a year-old game, is moving close to the same speed as the Halo 5 thread, on its first day.

LiK

Kind of interesting when Destiny's thread, a year-old game, is moving close to the same speed as the Halo 5 thread, on its first day.

Halo 5 still hasn't arrived yet for East Coast for me until tonight and digital people are still installing. SOON

E92 M3

I bought Halo last night and am looking forward to raiding lol.

Destiny is just such a good game (minus the bullshit economy nerfs).

My third Eyasluna dropped with Rifled Barrel and Luck in the Chamber

Good karma for all the Hawkmoons I keep getting denying me that damn Zhalo

DarKshodaN

The No Time to explain gun is great, i have alot of fun with it.

Think i will use this gun alot, in some parts of the raid or strikes.

Was worth the trouble

Wilde

In our 3 runs we just did, I got a few decent drops, including a 320 rocket launcher. However, the vast majority of hard mode "drops" I received this week were literally NOTHING:

- Totems 1 = NOTHING
- Totems 2 = NOTHING
- Totems 3 = NOTHING

- Warpriest 1 - NOTHING
- Warpriest 2 - NOTHING

- Daughters 1 - NOTHING
- Daughters 2 - NOTHING

It is pretty unacceptable that "NOTHING" is a possible hard mode loot drop. Every hard mode drop should at least guarantee one hard mode item. That's not even asking much, since even if you get a drop, you have to get through 3 layers of RNG to get the item you really want/need!

Bungie pls...

LiK

In our 3 runs we just did, I got a few decent drops, including a 320 rocket launcher. However, the vast majority of drops I received from hard mode this week were literally NOTHING:

- Totems 1 = NOTHING
- Totems 2 = NOTHING
- Totems 3 = NOTHING

- Warpriest 1 - NOTHING
- Warpriest 2 - NOTHING

- Daughters 1 - NOTHING
- Daughters 2 - NOTHING

It is pretty unacceptable that "NOTHING" is a possible hard mode loot drop. Every hard mode drop should at least guarantee one hard mode item. That's not even asking much, since even if you get a drop, you have to get through 3 layers of RNG to get the item you really want/need!

Bungie pls...

wow dude, that is some shit luck

zewone

In our 3 runs we just did, I got a few decent drops, including a 320 rocket launcher. However, the vast majority of drops I received from hard mode this week were literally NOTHING:

- Totems 1 = NOTHING
- Totems 2 = NOTHING
- Totems 3 = NOTHING

- Warpriest 1 - NOTHING
- Warpriest 2 - NOTHING

- Daughters 1 - NOTHING
- Daughters 2 - NOTHING

Bungie pls...

King's Fall HM was expected to keep our attention for a lot longer since no DLC has even been announced.

They have to slow progression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom