• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Yeah, it's doable using the safe strat below 310 but it's not very fun in my opinion. Half the fire team is just crouching on platforms for like 20ish seconds 4 times during the fight. Pretty boring.

yea, we still beat him but I don't wanna be the low level guy again.

Why the hell does it teleport you under a swinging sword? I was literally alive in the bubble for 1.5 seconds. The haze from the teleport wasn't even gone and I was dead from his sword.

And then not making it at the Dps part. I didn't even know that was possible.

I died that way during the Shade fight in one run. teleported in right under his attack. instant death. fucking horrible.

Kyne

so I was watching a Halo multiplayer stream for a while last night and I noticed things just seemed... off?

I don't know if it's the 60FPS but the gameplay felt very clunky. The graphics didn't seem that hot either, which I thought was strange because I had heard they really went through some hoops to get it looking good. Honestly I thought someone was just playing a previous version of Halo and waiting until Halo 5 was released.

I've always liked Halo for the campaign modes so maybe I'll cave and get an Xbone during the sales this holiday season but I don't think I'd ever stick around for the multiplayer.

LTWood12

Why the hell does it teleport you under a swinging sword? I was literally alive in the bubble for 1.5 seconds. The haze from the teleport wasn't even gone and I was dead from his sword.

I'm baffled how this happened w/ 5 of you shooting him. We had 5 alive last night, 3 of which were 309 or lower and he went down almost immediately. Didn't even have weapons of light. Wonder if it just bugged out on ya'll?

We had 2x 311 2x310 a 308 and a 309. I was the 311 on top and after the second circle i was there solo for the rest of the time. Make sure the timing on dps on oryx is just perfect, when he slams the fist you have around 6-7 seconds to deal with all the enemies, do not waste your time on doing it to early.

The thing that was getting us was that the runner was grabbing the relic before the last ogre was even up, so that last knight was spawning while everyone was rushing to the middle. I think people were just rushing too much, though. The fight makes it seem like you don't have a lot of time, but you actually do. Just take your time and focus on your task and you'll be fine.

But yeah, we only had one 311 and the rest were below 310, as low as 306. That strat was just not going to work for that group I think.

MikeyMike

I tend to lure the shade to the edges of the bubbles so he doesn't insta-kill someone who pops up at the wrong moment.

noomi

I had this happen to me at least twice over the weekend. Spawns you in, and SLAM your dead.

Noomi's strat? I tried it out last night for a bit with a group but we weren't getting the timing down. Might've been too low average light level, though.

Later that night I was in a group that had to 5 man at least one cycle, might have been 2 but I can't remember, and we used the "safe" strat.

Bah, sorry it didn't work out for you guys, but it seems like you got through it anyway :) Whatever works!

I'm baffled how this happened w/ 5 of you shooting him. We had 5 alive last night, 3 of which were 309 or lower and he went down almost immediately. Didn't even have weapons of light. Wonder if it just bugged out on ya'll?
I am suspicious of that. We were all 310-313 and he killed us on the very first dps as a team. Also on another run, I saw the guy across from me jump on his platform and I jumped on mine two seconds later, but my platform lit up before his. He was on it too, not floating down or any nonsense like that.

I am suspicious of that. We were all 310-313 and he killed us on the very first dps as a team. Also on another run, I saw the guy across from me jump on his platform and I jumped on mine two seconds later, but my platform lit up before his. He was on it too, not floating down or any nonsense like that.

Lag. Lag is the answer. I've noticed hard mode glitching way more than normal mode too.

I see this happen a lot. They need to make it so that when a player enters the dome they have a 3 second shield. We had to wipe once or twice the other day because someone would teleport in and get sliced by Oryx before they were even able to move a finger.

I'm sure when I run HM Oryx tonight I'll have a different tune haha

It's just suuuuuuch a drastic shift after having Destiny be my only shooter for over year.

I just miss Destiny every second I'm playing Halo.

so I was watching a Halo multiplayer stream for a while last night and I noticed things just seemed... off?

I don't know if it's the 60FPS but the gameplay felt very clunky. The graphics didn't seem that hot either, which I thought was strange because I had heard they really went through some hoops to get it looking good. Honestly I thought someone was just playing a previous version of Halo and waiting until Halo 5 was released.

I've always liked Halo for the campaign modes so maybe I'll cave and get an Xbone during the sales this holiday season but I don't think I'd ever stick around for the multiplayer.

This describes how I feel about it too.

The campaign, what I little I played, had very hard to follow and all over the place action setpieces.

That said, it's the best opening FMV I've ever seen in my life.

I see this happen a lot. They need to make it so that when a player enters the dome they have a 3 second shield. We had to wipe once or twice the other day because someone would teleport in and get sliced by Oryx before they were even able to move a finger.

The worst sound during the fight is hearing the sword come down and you're not inside the bubble. That said, team first try all the way tonight.

LTWood12

Watching some Halo 5 footage. Jesus the way the image quality 'pops' based on your distance from objects is incredibly jarring. Reminds me of 'Rage' on PS3. Seems like they should've just let the game drop some frames.

You must not play crucible lol ;P Then i agree. Halo 5's sublime multiplayer... a universe away from the Turdwagon that is Destiny's PvP.

I still love me them both! Destiny for PvE... H5 for PvP... and PvE.

I fully admit I don't enjoy H5's multi as much because of a skill deficiency. I miss my Super and flying crutches. Also it's so much fucking slower. And respawns feel like they take forevveeerrrrr.

CREMSteve

Watching some Halo 5 footage. Jesus the way the image quality 'pops' based on your distance from objects is incredibly jarring. Reminds me of 'Rage' on PS3. Seems like they should've just let the game drop some frames.
Agreed. Drove me crazy watching it happen over and over.

Geist-

I believe this is a video showing the method. Didn't watch it all the way through though.

https://youtu.be/_lXte8VD9c8
I feel like I must have been in the most competent pub fireteam(used /r/fireteams) ever because we beat Oryx HM on the first try with no cheese and 4/6 of us were sub 310. I was 308 and the runner, so not sure what strat they used for killing the knights, but I know they did kill them. I keep being confused by everyone struggling to kill Oryx, so I must have been just really lucky.

I fully admit I don't enjoy H5's multi as much because of a skill deficiency. I miss my Super and flying crutches. Also it's so much fucking slower. And respawns feel like they take forevveeerrrrr.

It really is a skill based shooter. Takes away all the things that can get in between like kill streaks, supers and the like... just takes getting used to. I'll be relearning Halo all this week and weekend! The satisfaction, when playing H5 with a fully cooperating and communicating team is epic... There are just so many more obstructions (in every way) that come between you and the other player's skill based gunplay... coupled with the janky movement, architectural hang-ups and visual static. I cant do it. But can totally understand how some dig it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom