• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

In our 3 runs we just did, I got a few decent drops, including a 320 rocket launcher. However, the vast majority of drops I received from hard mode this week were literally NOTHING:

- Totems 1 = NOTHING
- Totems 2 = NOTHING
- Totems 3 = NOTHING

- Warpriest 1 - NOTHING
- Warpriest 2 - NOTHING

- Daughters 1 - NOTHING
- Daughters 2 - NOTHING

It is pretty unacceptable that "NOTHING" is a possible hard mode loot drop. Every hard mode drop should at least guarantee one hard mode item. That's not even asking much, since even if you get a drop, you have to get through 3 layers of RNG to get the item you really want/need!

Bungie pls...

Yeah, that's a fucking shame. The whole investment team at Bungie need a stern talking to.

All you need is a minimum of 4 other higher level weapons and 40 weapon parts to get it there Trance!

Bungie can kiss my ghost lol. Infusion needs to be reworked.

PuMa

King's Fall HM was expected to keep our attention for a lot longer since no DLC has even been announced.

They have to slow progression.

I think it's done the opposite for me. More like, meh, hard mode shmard mode. Now gimme mah ToO!!

LTWood12

I infused a 310 Last Word and 310 Monte Carlo in it, and don't regret it :p

Yeah, but it still stinks that the sacrifice of two maxed exotic weapons only gets it to 308.

I infused a 310 Invective into my 305 Spindle assuming 5 was obviously a low enough difference to get it to 310.

309 fuuuuuuuuuck. 1 light doesn't matter, but the OCD part of me can't handle it.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
HM Oryx can be annoying.

But compared to the frustration of the first week of HM Crota, it's nothing.

Nothing.

GlamFM

Banned
So far so disappointing.

2nd hard raid gave me no light level gain. Still sitting at 308.

300 Pulse in NF.

Glam sad.

Tovarisc

You can play only HM. You'll get NM and HM drops.

You won't get 2x HM drops like the previous raids.

Which is kinda funny when considering that Bungie's own FAQ clearly suggests/implies that HM KF gives you 2x HM loot roll if you haven't cleared NM.

Edit: FO4 can't come soon enough to take me away from Destiny

We didn't kill Oryx but thanks for the help anyway, guys.

We gave it our best.

I suggest folks should stick to a certain spot when running around from King's Wrath. If I'm running stairs, don't head to stairs or else you'll screw me up and the guy running around platforms closest to me because I have to run to middle due to your mistake. Also, if a platform is open during a second King's Wrath (if we didn't detonate enough bombs), run around that platform. No need to run stairs or middle.

I'm still upset we failed the last DPS check in that one run.

Safest way for Wrath is to have the runner and floater also run a platform, on the opposite side from the person whose platform it is. After the blight detonations everyone starts running their own platform and the two free agents pick a platform then start running it once that person is on the opposite side.

The Knights are so much more lethal on HM it's risky to have people anywhere out in the open.

DarKshodaN

Yeah, but it still stinks that the sacrifice of two maxed exotic weapons only gets it to 308.

i got it to 310, had some blue trash weapons to get it to 300 then i infused both exotics.

Will not miss them, i have another 310 Hawkmoon, and the last word is crappy anyway

Homeboyd

In our 3 runs we just did, I got a few decent drops, including a 320 rocket launcher. However, the vast majority of drops I received from hard mode this week were literally NOTHING:

- Totems 1 = NOTHING
- Totems 2 = NOTHING
- Totems 3 = NOTHING

- Warpriest 1 - NOTHING
- Warpriest 2 - NOTHING

- Daughters 1 - NOTHING
- Daughters 2 - NOTHING

It is pretty unacceptable that "NOTHING" is a possible hard mode loot drop. Every hard mode drop should at least guarantee one hard mode item. That's not even asking much, since even if you get a drop, you have to get through 3 layers of RNG to get the item you really want/need!

Bungie pls...
Hi, are you me? Oh no you got a rocket launcher so you can't be me.

#lootlocked

darthbob

You get nothing. And you get nothing. Everyone gets nothing!

Seriously, we shouldn't be getting nothing for our troubles.

Are you talking about the fact that 'Nothing' is a possible drop from KF?

Because that is some serious bull

Edit: Yup, should've read higher lol

EL CUCO

I'm guessing Quiver won't be fixed before Trials? Since TTK came out, I've been using mainly a Sunbreaker. Started using my Gunslinger last night, and man was I punished for all the bad habits I had developed from using Hammers.

I noticed myself popping GG at the wrong times, running out in the open, not using any type of awareness of where the enemies are.

Took me a few wasted supers to realize that I was playing GG like it was Hammers.

There's nothing to the rumor that completing normal gives better hard drops, right? I plan on only running hard this week if I can help it.

No, drops are totally separate. The problem is that there's no HM version of the Ghost so it seems possible that a sub-310 Ghost can drop as your "Hard" reward from Oryx.

Which is kinda funny when considering that Bungie's own FAQ clearly suggests/implies that HM KF gives you 2x HM loot roll if you haven't cleared NM.

Bungie help page seemed to say exactly the opposite to me. Made it clear that HM and NM were separate drops and doing one first wouldn't affect the other. It was just confusing because this wasn't actually the case in VoG or CE.

sensui-tomo

Are you talking about the fact that 'Nothing' is a possible drop from KF?

Because that is some serious bull

I got the nothing drop from sisters yesterday after i got a (apparently , this was my first time in hard mode) great (never likely to happen again to me in other departments) 320 boots from the 2nd boss. Going to see if anyone is doing hard mode in an hour or at the least go through normal and get those drops with ease (i'm 303)

LTWood12

Bungie help page seemed to say exactly the opposite to me. Made it clear that HM and NM were separate drops and doing one first wouldn't affect the other. It was just confusing because this wasn't actually the case in VoG or CE.

Yeah I thought the Help page made it pretty clear. It was exactly what I expected, including the 'nothing' drops since shards aren't a HM drop, and I get only shards on plenty of normal mode encounters.

I'm guessing Quiver won't be fixed before Trials? Since TTK came out, I've been using mainly a Sunbreaker. Started using my Gunslinger last night, and man was I punished for all the bad habits I had developed from using Hammers.

I noticed myself popping GG at the wrong times, running out in the open, not using any type of awareness of where the enemies are.

Took me a few wasted supers to realize that I was playing GG like it was Hammers.

Yeah. I had the same problem going back to my main Warlock. You're such a tank as a sunbreaker that you can be VERY aggressive with your super. Stormcaller is a powerful super, but you need to be aware of distance and you can still be OHK with a good sniper.

E92 M3

I think they implied the opposite actually.

--

In the next update I wouldn't surprised to see Bungie say there is a glitch with HM loot where people get nothing and it sours the experience.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Rewind Again on No Time to Explain is brilliant on bosses for Strikes. Stand there all day shooting without reloading. Drops them so quick.

Namikaze1

No, drops are totally separate. The problem is that there's no HM version of the Ghost so it seems possible that a sub-310 Ghost can drop as your "Hard" reward from Oryx.
That's not true. In our blind run on Friday, I got 2 ghosts on my titan: one under 310 and one at 313. Same thing happened in another run.

stb

Yeah, HM ghosts are totally a thing.

Last week, I did NM first, then got a 317 ghost when we did HM on the same character. This was a treat, because I hadn't gotten a ghost out of KF, yet. Went from 294 ghost to 317 like whoa (LTWood: insert Black Rob YT vid here).

Are you sure about that? Both times I beat Totems I got a 303 and 317 ghost and a 307 and 311 ghost.

Talking about Oryx drops. You can get only a sub-310 Ghost from HM Oryx.

Every loot drop has the chance to roll certain items. Totems has a roll for Fusion and the Ghost, on NM and HM. You can get "lucky" but getting both drops in one clear. Since HM gives your NM loot as well you can get both drops from both NM and HM.

Same reason you could get two exotics from HM Atheon but it had to be Mythoclast and a non-Vex weapon. There was a separate roll for the Vex and the exotic weapon, so you could hit both of those rolls in one clear.

EL CUCO

I only ever got one and it's a 302. :(
I was just like you, up until hard mode. Only had 1 300 Ghost to ever drop for me on normal.

HM RNGeezus had mercy on me when all my teammates laughed. Now I have like 5 new shells, all over 300 up to 315.

Namikaze1

I'll kill Oryx on my alts tomorrow. I want to get done with the raid before Trials. Skipping Nightfall from now on cause I have no reason to do them anymore.

Frenden

Banned
Nightfall got me a 300 legendary helmet (snore), a 290 gauntlet dupe, and something else bad.

But a blue engram turned into a Hawksaw with Hammer Forged, Outlaw, and Handlaid (maxed stability). So I guess it wasn't a total wash.

LiK

I'm really enjoying the Festival of the Lost. How awesome is it that dataminers didn't ruin the surprise for us?

was it possible to find this or was it updated into the game earlier? I love it too. seeing the Tower being all decorated was really great. I wish the Tower had more variations normally.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Not a criticism but more of an observation: people seem like they may have been a little bit too dependent on HM to keep their level of interest in the game equal to the initial high of doing the TTK quest lines + the first time going through the new raid.

It wasn't handled perfectly by any stretch but I feel like HM is a nice little bonus and I'm still enjoying the core game. I think they handled the Lost Festival event well and it's been fun unlocking these new exotics even if when you think about it, they're just a "time gate". But it's a video game - everything seems kind of absurd if you break down the logic enough. Again - there are definitely lessons to be learned here for Bungie and changes need to be made, but overall I'm still getting a kick out of all this and enjoying raiding with y'all.

Truant

Thanks for NF, guys!

I forgot to take off my Cryptarch mask for the final boss, so I only got two 260 blue drops.

At least I have the bragging rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom