• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sai-kun

Banned
Ahh....another 18 Strange Coins from the Nightfall :) what a lovely day

Edit: thanks Truant and Fonz for a fun and spooky nightfall :) <3

Yeah, HM ghosts are totally a thing.

Last week, I did NM first, then got a 317 ghost when we did HM on the same character. This was a treat, because I hadn't gotten a ghost out of KF, yet. Went from 294 ghost to 317 like whoa.

It's not a "Harrowed Kingslayer Shell." There are 310-320 Ghosts but there's no HM specific version of the Ghost. Which seems to be an issue that glitches out the guaranteed drop from HM Oryx, hence why people can get only a sub-310 Ghost.

Nuszka

I honestly feel like we should make at least small amount of progress for completing hard raid, one person on our group was getting 300 lvl stuff, its like a bad joke. Think the loot tables should be separate, i got a 310 ghost - is it a drop from normal or hard, who knows. Today doing hard raid i got mostly sub 310 drops.

LiK

I was just like you, up until hard mode. Only had 1 300 Ghost to ever drop for me on normal.

HM RNGeezus had mercy on me when all my teammates laughed. Now I have like 5 new shells, all over 300 up to 315.

I'm 309 now. the only thing keeping me from 310+ is my fucking ghost and boots. so frustrating.

EL CUCO

It's not a "Harrowed Kingslayer Shell." There are 310-320 Ghosts but there's no HM specific version of the Ghost. Which seems to be an issue that glitches out the guaranteed drop from HM Oryx, hence why people can get only a sub-310 Ghost.
Ahh, I see what you're saying. Good point.

GlamFM

Banned

If for whatever reason they really think we need normal mode drops in HM I think that "normal" loot in hard should ALWAYS drop at 310.

stb

Ah, OK. I missed the "...from the Oryx drop" bit.

Still waiting for that Black Rob video, though, LT.

GlamFM

Banned
7gdxUgf.png

LOL.

It´s happening guys. eSport will take of in a big way :p

What's the deal with the Oryx HM drop? Is it randomly taken from one of the previous drops like in NM when you use moldering shards? I only got 311 boots from him last night, thought I was guaranteed a drop from Oryx's own loot table (helm or primary) but I guess that is not the case?

Ran 2 NFs, got 2 ghost shells.

Thanks Luke.

So jealous. Do they have different enemy glimmer perks?

I'm stuck with a bunch of blues. I've made so much glimmer from farming the Hive for candy with my Hive shell.

Legendary Ghost shells and Legendary artifacts are *waaaaay* too rare.

Gun sounds
343 1- Bungie 0

:p

The Hereafter would like a word with you. Same with Hawkmoon. Omolon scouts. Invective.

Safest way for Wrath is to have the runner and floater also run a platform, on the opposite side from the person whose platform it is. After the blight detonations everyone starts running their own platform and the two free agents pick a platform then start running it once that person is on the opposite side.

The Knights are so much more lethal on HM it's risky to have people anywhere out in the open.

This is a good tip and more people should do it. Have been in a lot of groups where we've had to wipe early due to those dumb Knights.

Also, I'll be happy with my drops this week if I can just get one ghost at 310+. Highest one I've gotten so far is 303. :(

Frostburn

What's the deal with the Oryx HM drop? Is it randomly taken from one of the previous drops like in NM when you use moldering shards? I only got 311 boots from him last night, thought I was guaranteed a drop from Oryx's own loot table (helm or primary) but I guess that is not the case?
I got the same last night (HM boots only).

LiK

why can't Bungie replace the Suros Regime sounds with Suros Ari-45? 45 is so much more pleasant to the ears.

Oryx gave me the 320 Auto rifle.

Use it or infuse it?

I could put it into my Hung Jury to bring it to 317.

Thoughts?

Raid AR is one of the worst guns, period. you know what to do.

mandiller

For my 20 mouldering shards I got a 310 Telesto from Oryx. I already have one.... Yay?

I think Bungie need to update the game for loot system 3.0

Speaking of terrible HM loot, I did all 3 runs today and none of my characters increased a single light level. On the 2nd week of HM. Currently at 313, 312, and 311. Even if I infused all my highest gear onto one character I couldn't get above 313.

My first HM primary drop was the exact same 310 Pulse I'd already infused up from NM. Hooray.

GlamFM

Banned
Oryx gave me the 320 Auto rifle.

Use it or infuse it?

I could put it into my Hung Jury to bring it to 317.

Thoughts?

Honestly? Would infuse my Touch of Malice.

Speaking of terrible HM loot, I did all 3 runs today and none of my characters increased a single light level. On the 2nd week of HM. Currently at 313, 312, and 311. Even if I infused all my highest gear onto one character I couldn't get above 313.

My first HM primary drop was the exact same 310 Pulse I'd already infused up from NM. Hooray.

Down for killing Oryx later today?

Frostburn

Yeah, I understand RNG but they've got to make it a BIT better at giving us a sense of progress in the hardest content in the game. We get 1 shot each week per character and then we just have to wait, there is no alternate way to progress at this point and it is completely luck bases as the skill is there to clear the HM raid.

Trials better have a chance for 310+ gear otherwise it'll be nearly impossible to hit 320 at this rate. Even if it does it'll still take a ridiculously long time. I'm convinced they're holding back more content that will have 320 drops. Challenge mode most likely.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Got a few exotics stored. Being 311 is more of a guaranteed 310 right? Only 305 now so hope to get 311 by tonight if I can get some decent hard mode gear.

Guaranteed drop is exactly the same as the 20 Mouldering Shard NM drop, it pulls from the entire KF loot table. Only difference (I think) is it won't make your drop an exotic armor or weapon.

PuMa

I agree with both of you.

I'm ready for FO4 and Battlefront now.

I'll probably spend some time with Halo 5 this weekend instead of Trials too since no elemental weapons.

Elem. primaries doesn't matter to me. Better this way IMO, but to each their own of course. I like Trials for the challenge and the intensity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom