• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

I got this pulse from gunsmith rank up package last night. I think it's a keeper.

Shit dude, that's nice.

Speaking of terrible HM loot, I did all 3 runs today and none of my characters increased a single light level. On the 2nd week of HM. Currently at 313, 312, and 311. Even if I infused all my highest gear onto one character I couldn't get above 313.

My first HM primary drop was the exact same 310 Pulse I'd already infused up from NM. Hooray.

I think Stabie took all of your drops lol

Rode the Festival hype for a bit yesterday.

Hopped into the Daily Playlist
Rift on Cathedral
Game went a little like this:

2 shot Hawksaw
Sunbreaker
2 shot Hawksaw
Bolt Casters everywhere
Stormcaller
Sunbreaker
2 shot Hawksaw
Sunbreaker

Hype deflated :(

Guaranteed drop is exactly the same as the 20 Mouldering Shard NM drop, it pulls from the entire KF loot table. Only difference (I think) is it won't make your drop an exotic armor or weapon.

So then what is the deal with people getting two primary drops or like a primary and heavy drop from Oryx, both harrowed?

phen0m24

Speaking of terrible HM loot, I did all 3 runs today and none of my characters increased a single light level. On the 2nd week of HM. Currently at 313, 312, and 311. Even if I infused all my highest gear onto one character I couldn't get above 313.

My first HM primary drop was the exact same 310 Pulse I'd already infused up from NM. Hooray.

But did you get to that dang light bulb?

L I G H T B U L B B O Y Z

EL CUCO

Rode the Festival hype for a bit yesterday.

Hopped into the Daily Playlist
Rift on Cathedral
Game went a little like this:

2 shot Hawksaw
Sunbreaker
2 shot Hawksaw
Bolt Casters everywhere
Stormcaller
Sunbreaker
2 shot Hawksaw
Sunbreaker

Hype deflated :(
2 shot Hawksaw?

27 crit x 3= 81
2 burst would be 162

Hawksaw shouldn't be 2 shotting anyone.

Born2Live

We didn't kill Oryx but thanks for the help anyway, guys.

We gave it our best.

I suggest folks should stick to a certain spot when running around from King's Wrath. If I'm running stairs, don't head to stairs or else you'll screw me up and the guy running around platforms closest to me because I have to run to middle due to your mistake. Also, if a platform is open during a second King's Wrath (if we didn't detonate enough bombs), run around that platform. No need to run stairs or middle.

I'm still upset we failed the last DPS check in that one run.

Thanks for the run Nami, sorry we couldn't get him down. That run where we missed the last DPS check was painful, just don't know what happened. I feel I've got the strategy down now I just need to find a group to run if with the next time I'm on.

Ty

So then what is the deal with people getting two primary drops or like a primary and heavy drop from Oryx, both harrowed?

You could get an actual primary drop and then your guaranteed "shard" drop also be a primary. Or get a primary drop then heavy as your "shard" drop. Same reason you could get multiple "Oryx-loot" drops in NM. You always have a chance to roll for the items in that boss' table, the shard/guaranteed drop can just be anything.

Kyoufu

I hate the raid loot so much. I'm barely 311. :|

Yeah, the new light level and progression system is no longer about reaching max level it seems. It's about getting to a light level where you can be successful. I'm not sure how I feel about it still. I kind of miss hitting the old cap in HoW and then being able to switch between whatever weapons and gear I wanted to. Now I'm constantly doing this infusion dance it seems.

Unless the raid loot changes, Fallout 4 will put Destiny on the shelf. These raid drops are ludicrous. I shouldn't receive nothing for a raid, and I shouldn't receive stuff LOWER than stuff I already have.

Moldering shards need to change for HM. They should still drop, except you can buy gear from Eris. 20 shards for 310. 30 for 315 and 45 shards for a 320 piece.

But did you get to that dang light bulb?

L I G H T B U L B B O Y Z

Best lightbulb: Tears at Oryx

HZfAvfvh.jpg

KodaRuss

Does anyone else kinda dread Trials of Osiris?

Getting ready for heartbreak and general fuckery as I believe I am a pretty good PVP player until I start Trials.

9-0 seems really daunting at times. I think I have gotten to 7-0 once or twice and 8-0 once.

LTWood12

Practically speaking, any 310+ primary should be infused into your Malice before anything else. It's what you use for the only 310+ encounter in the game, and the only place having a weapon above 310 makes a difference.

noomi

I'll kill Oryx on my alts tomorrow. I want to get done with the raid before Trials. Skipping Nightfall from now on cause I have no reason to do them anymore.

Same here, not waking up early on Tuesday's any more, don't care for Nightfalls or the loot anymore.

Getting ready for heartbreak and general fuckery as I believe I am a pretty good PVP player until I start Trials.

9-0 seems really daunting at times. I think I have gotten to 7-0 once or twice and 8-0 once.

I'm ready to go up 3-0 then run into 3 hammer titans and lose 4-5. I'm not touching trials till supers are balanced.

GlamFM

Banned
Practically speaking, any 310+ primary should be infused into your Malice before anything else. It's what you use for the only 310+ encounter in the game, and the only place having a weapon above 310 makes a difference.

Exactly. The new strategy relies heavily on the ToM.

I agree with both of you.

I'm ready for FO4 and Battlefront now.

I'll probably spend some time with Halo 5 this weekend instead of Trials too since no elemental weapons.
Yep; I'm gonna jump back in to W3 today. Still haven't finished it, plus I got the Hearts of Stone dlc. Still have to finish MGS V.

neoism

Unless the raid loot changes, Fallout 4 will put Destiny on the shelf. These raid drops are ludicrous. I shouldn't receive nothing for a raid, and I shouldn't receive stuff LOWER than stuff I already have.

Moldering shards need to change for HM. They should still drop, except you can buy gear from Eris. 20 shards for 310. 30 for 315 and 45 shards for a 320 piece.

lol everythang be on the shelf when fallout 4 comes out.. Kappa

I'm indifferent. I want to play, but I'm also not super hot on PvP in TTK right now. I go back and forth on it every game it seems. It's going to be a lot of pulse rifle tagging, sniper rifles, and sunbreakers. I'm already waiting in the salt mines.

darthbob

I Flawless'd it on two characters the first week it was available and got the Exotic Emblem.

I'm done, never have to play ToO again. I proved myself.

I'm looking forward to it mainly for the change of pace, will be interesting to see how the matchmaking plays out. Hopefully Drizzly, Unstable, Runbenov, Wicked et al will stay playing once they hit 9-0 for easy gaf wins at 8-0

Edit Agree with Ape will be interesting to see how it all plays out, probably loads of camping

Double edit, though I'm kinda bummed they nerfed the new messengers stats to a Nirwens roll

EL CUCO

A single burst from that gun put me at a sliver of health. Hunter Armor is nearly maxed.
Weird. I would guess you're getting team shotted or something but you've been around the block a few times and should know what's going on. I personally have never 2 shotted anyone with my Hawksaw, and it's got Headseeker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom