• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
But did you get to that dang light bulb?

L I G H T B U L B B O Y Z

I'll have plenty of time to change light bulbs considering how little Destiny I'll be playing.

-Don't really care about NFalls: they increased the Light of drops as high as 310... just in time for HM to raise the cap and make that irrelevant.

-I had terrible luck with NM KF drops as well, but I could grind out 310 exotics to make up for it. No 320 exotics so out of luck there too.

-Excited for Trials but the new Pusle meta and changes to match making will make it way less fun to do carries. Could be wrong but I'll be shocked if Trials stuff drops above 310.

TTK made great improvements to the "middle game." The progression from sub-200 light to ~290 and "raid ready" is much better than vanilla Destiny's post-level 20 reputation grind. They saw tons of people leave vanilla after hitting Lv20, and it's clear a lot of thought was put into making this process more engaging.

But progression past that point is a total flop. There's no vision for how to structure player activities, to provide encouragement. You get 15 dice rolls per week but the dice are weighted against you. Even "getting lucky" feels more like relief that you didn't get screwed again, instead of excitement considering how bland the raid gear is.

What did they expect core players to be doing at this point of the expansion? I honestly can't tell.

LiK

I'll have plenty of time to change light bulbs considering how little Destiny I'll be playing.

-Don't really care about NFalls: they increased the Light of drops as high as 310... just in time for HM to raise the cap and make that irrelevant.

-I had terrible luck with NM KF drops as well, but I could grind out 310 exotics to make up for it. No 320 exotics so out of luck there too.

-Excited for Trials but the new Pusle meta and changes to match making will make it way less fun to do carries. Could be wrong but I'll be shocked if Trials stuff drops above 310.

TTK made great improvements to the "middle game." The progression from sub-200 light to ~290 and "raid ready" is much better than vanilla Destiny's post-level 20 reputation grind. They saw tons of people leave vanilla after hitting Lv20, and it's clear a lot of thought was put into making this process more engaging.

But progression past that point is a total flop. There's no vision for how to structure player activities, to provide encouragement. You get 15 dice rolls per week but the dice are weighted against you. Even "getting lucky" feels more like relief that you didn't get screwed again, instead of excitement considering how bland the raid gear is.

What did they expect core players to be doing at this point of the expansion? I honestly can't tell.

wanna do NF with me tonight? I just wanna gamble on a good drop.

Mhm.

Doing HM sisters last night netted me...a 300 shotgun and 300 mark.

I mean, I get having normal items drop next to hardmode drops. But I had every boss literlaly drop shit for me. Warpriest, Golgo, Sisters, and I was too damn tired to even bother with Oryx. It's like....it's like that is unacceptable.

I hate this double RNG stuff. Fuck that shit. It makes me not want to even try.

Alright gaf, what should I infuse my 316 raid auto into? Bad juju? ToM? Zhalo? NM raid pulse? Hung jury?

Big decision because I'm probably only gonna see another 315+ raid primary once a month at this rate.

Everyone is saying ToM but if you care about Trials and have a clear favorite primary you might want to go there. HM Oryx is super farmy already plus the new strat means you're basically invincible whenever you're shooting ToM. Higher light ToM won't change that fight at all, except for making your character (maybe) higher overall.

Can't go wrong with ToM so that's a safe bet, especially if/when Oryx challenge mode drops. But just something to consider.

PuMa

Wait so is Hawksaw BETTER than the IB vendor Nirwen's Mercy? I've got NM but no Hawksaw. Is the vendor HS any good?

Teach me how to Meta.

Vendor one is meh. Personal preference really on Hawksaw vs Nirwen's because they are in different impact categories. You can't two shot with either.

Basically, almost any pulse rifle with a big stability buff perk is going to be good.

Sheeeiiit+gif+i+made+from+the+wire+i+don+t+expect_57db37_4219378.gif

What attack power is your Touch of Malice?

I didn't' get one, I don't even know how.

This is pretty cool
https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/659042494085230592
I wonder how many of them are playing right now :p

Well that's just classy.

To those more familiar with the PS4 Twitch app, please tell me there's a way to hide chat.

In the share tab for the broadcast, press the options button in order to bring up a thingy to let you minimize the chat/black bar on bottom. I think. The option is somewhere though.

Unless you're talking about viewing something on the twitch app, I have no idea.

sensui-tomo

If anyone needs help with any raids send me an invite (note i've never done the first two raids (saw someone needed help with one of the older ones above i think(or last page )) but i'm 303, done raid enough times to do it over and over again, hard mode.. well i know i cant fight oryx due to my light level but everything else beforehand is doable.
PSN is SensuiTomo

Number45

Fuck the request for striker grenade kills in the crucible. Thought I'd go for them as I casually fill my candy satchel in PvP but they fucking take forever.

LTWood12

So much this. Was reflecting on the fact that on the one hand, I won the lottery by getting a 318 primary from Oryx last night. Except the number is literally the only thing to be excited about. A Zhouli's Bane w/ hip-fire accuracy, that will finish reloading by the time my three year-old starts Kindergarten. What should be something special just immediately gets infused into a weapon I was already using for the hardest thing in the game. So disappointing.

In the The Dark Below season where maximum attack values for weapons was 331, you still saw people running VoG for those weapons, even though at that point they only would go up to 300. They were good enough to still merit using in the end-game, even at a lower value. That definitely won't be the case now. As soon as there's a number available higher than 320; most of these weapons will be thrown in the garbage.

Everyone is saying ToM but if you care about Trials and have a clear favorite primary you might want to go there. HM Oryx is super farmy already plus the new strat means you're basically invincible whenever you're shooting ToM. Higher light ToM won't change that fight at all, except for making your character (maybe) higher overall.

Can't go wrong with ToM so that's a safe bet, especially if/when Oryx challenge mode drops. But just something to consider.

Still think it's worth infusing ToM in these early days. We failed the DPS gate a couple of times last night when we had only 4 or 5 people alive. Granted we were lower light, but higher level ToMs would've been the difference between living or wiping.

So is sharing the WarPriest checkpoint the thing now? Did our first run of hard mode last night up to that point and didn't get jack from any of the previous drops and expected at least totems would give the drop. It doesn't seem to run the first part of hard mode at all if it doesn't give drops.

SeanR1221

Hello!

Tonight at 10pm EST I will be starting a fresh HM run. We will call it: SeanR1221's birthday bonanza raid run featuring oryx and the terrible sister drops.

1.) me
2.) my cousin
3.) you?
4.) maybe you?
5.) definitely you!
6.) ????

wanna do NF with me tonight? I just wanna gamble on a good drop.

If I'm around tonight I'd be down. Just throw up a post when you're looking to do it. Raids this morning were too depressing to make me want to play more today, lol.

Exactly. The new strategy relies heavily on the ToM.

Yo, did you get in that run w Bogey? Let me know if you still need help getting a kill although there are plenty of people around here who can bust him up good by now and still need this week's loot.

MikeyMike

So is sharing the WarPriest checkpoint the thing now? Did our first run of hard mode last night up to that point and didn't get jack from any of the previous drops and expected at least totems would give the drop. It doesn't seem to run the first part of hard mode at all if it doesn't give drops.

Totems constantly drops the shell and fusion rifle. I don't see why people would skip it.

Fuck the request for striker grenade kills in the crucible. Thought I'd go for them as I casually fill my candy satchel in PvP but they fucking take forever.
But the lightning grenade is the best grenade! Not sure how you can rage at this part, but not at having to get melee kills with those T-rex arms.

GlamFM

Banned
If I'm around tonight I'd be down. Just throw up a post when you're looking to do it. Raids this morning were too depressing to make me want to play more today, lol.

Yo, did you get in that run w Bogey? Let me know if you still need help getting a kill although there are plenty of people around here who can bust him up good by now and still need this week's loot.

Did not. I´ll look for you later.

3 hrs until my daughter sleeps.

GlamFM you're still missing the HM Oryx kill too? We have to do it sometime man.

3hrs from now?

phen0m24

I hope you'll be available for Fun Runs and helping those of us yet to break the 310 barrier Forever309

Found joy helping someone
Kratos!
last night and told another I would help killing the ultras on each planet. Am grateful for you doing what you do at the expense of the bulbs. ;)

This is pretty cool
https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/659042494085230592
I wonder how many of them are playing right now :p

Slow clap

Wonder how many ideas 343 aped from Destiny?

Gammacide

NM VoG for Atheon kill.

1.Gammacide
2.Orthogonal
3.Acidote
4.BMO=GOAT
5.Vincent Alexander

One spot left. Do you guys mind waiting until after Sony's PGW conference? Was just about to watch...?

So will I get the harrowed helmet this week? Your Oryx mask prediction came true yesterday. Tell me!

I believe in you Nami

I got my boots on my titan yesterday

after a year

I finally got boots

therefor you'll get your helmet

Lemme know when you do oryx HM, I'll do it with you. I will end you if you do not, I will specifically find you in Trials and end you.

Acidote

NM VoG for Atheon kill.

1.Gammacide
2.Orthogonal
3.Acidote
4.BMO=GOAT
5.Vincent Alexander

One spot left. Do you guys mind waiting until after Sony's PGW conference? Was just about to watch...?

If someone gives us a CP we will be done before it. I might even have one at the gorgons chest. Let me check.

PuMa

I hope you'll be available for Fun Runs and helping those of us yet to break the 310 barrier Forever309

Found joy helping someone
Kratos!
last night and told another I would help killing the ultras on each planet. Am grateful for you doing what you do at the expense of the bulbs. ;)

No-Fun run tonight, Colonel?

Namikaze1

I believe in you Nami

I got my boots on my titan yesterday

after a year

I finally got boots

therefor you'll get your helmet

Lemme know when you do oryx HM, I'll do it with you. I will end you if you do not, I will specifically find you in Trials and end you.
What if I'm not doing trials this week and instead go do some assassin stuff in Syndicate? :p

I haven't kill Oryx today. Both Warlock and Hunter are at Oryx. Saving my Titan for a run later.

LTWood12

So do I need to complete all the No Time to Explain stuff TODAY or it goes away? Or just part of it? If so which part? I plan to finish it all but just in case I'd like to know what I can put off until tomorrow.

What if I'm not doing trials this week and instead go do some assassin stuff in Syndicate? :p

I haven't kill Oryx today. Both Warlock and Hunter are at Oryx. Saving my Titan for a run later.

Then my plan is foiled and I'll go play some halo 5

I heard Warzone is pretty addicting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom