• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

Just seen someone in the tower with a full set of Titan hard mode gear already with the shader. Looks so good.

wonder if he raids on multiple titans or is just a lucky little shit. Actually come to think of it, if I had 3 characters of the same class and I had the same loot drops I've gotten, it would have taken me until last week to get a full set. I've only found the hat on my hunter, and normal mode at least has moldering shard bonus rolls.

Still don't get why there's no shard equivalent for HM. Maybe they figure that the kind of crazy person that clears hard mode 3 times in 4 days won't care about running the raid for potentially no loot at all. Or possibly it's a programming-related problem of some kind since 'bonus hard mode loot' items were datamined.

Truant

Did Bungie nerf Taken Ultra 3oC farming? I used to get like three-four exotics in one weekend, now I'm getting nothing. Has RNJesus abandoned me?

Oryx HM hasn't been a problem at all.

What issues are people running into?
Random deaths really. I was playing this morning and some people were getting killed by the boomers that appear when you have to run around your platform.
I missed jumps up to the sister's platforms a few times and died as well.
Some died while hiding from the ogres.
People not killing ogres at the same time to detonate all four bombs is also a problem.
Just stuff like that.
And I include myself in all that as well. Some of those things happened to me once or twice.

Mupod

Oryx HM hasn't been a problem at all.

What issues are people running into?

It's a long fight where if anything goes wrong at all it becomes twice as hard. And if two things go wrong it's probably over. A lot of things can go wrong including things that are not even remotely fair or related to failing at mechanics - lag and general glitchiness were getting in our way last night. Orbs weren't detonating on time or at all, people dying in the middle of the bubble etc. Cleared up after I went to orbit and returned but that doesn't make it okay.

Part of the problem is the 'easy' strat is riskier in terms of unpredictable add behaviour. People are undergeared atm and a stray thrall or single boomer shot can ruin your day. So it's less time to learn the strat, but there's a chance you can play perfectly and have something unexpected happen.

And of course some of us weren't running with the same group each time, which is why we opt for the alternate strategy to reduce the learning period. I'm hoping to have the same/similar people this week for at least two clears which should help immensely, but you can't expect to walk in and one-shot it with a new group.

zewone

People Dying, lag, stupid mistakes. Is everyone killing the ogres or leaving them alive?
Lag can't do anything about. If people are dying need to find out what issues they are running into and try and think of something they can do to prevent that or swap people around.

I run the floater position and get the ogres to around 40% health. We've 5 manned HM Oryx and really ,the ogres HP are the least important aspect of the whole encounter. They die so fast with ToM.

I've also seen people spending time and energy on killing the Vessel which we normally just leave alive. Typically myself (the floater) and the aura holder will shoot the vessel while the others are igniting bombs, but it's really not super important.

You seem like the kind of person I´d like to run HM Oryx with ;)

If I'm available I can usually help out. PSN zewone

Kyne

Random deaths really. I was playing this morning and some people were getting killed by the boomers that appear when you have to run around your platform.
People not killing ogres at the same time to detonate all four bombs is also a problem.
Just stuff like that.
And I include myself in all that as well. Some of those things happened to me once or twice.

so just a bunch of execution errors?

I'm trying to learn here before I jump in to my first HM.

Namikaze1

Math, Afro, and Fig:

You all better have the Thriller Dance emote on you. We gonna send Oryx off in style.

Plus I want to make a new video after making this one

Ozone

So without paying money, we only get to keep two masks and completing the quests have 0% chance of dropping glue?

Man, that takes away my interest in trying to complete them. :(

zewone

Just stuff like that.

It's a long fight where if anything goes wrong at all it becomes twice as hard. And if two things go wrong it's probably over. A lot of things can go wrong including things that are not even remotely fair or related to failing at mechanics - lag and general glitchiness were getting in our way last night. Orbs weren't detonating on time or at all, people dying in the middle of the bubble etc. Cleared up after I went to orbit and returned but that doesn't make it okay.

Part of the problem is the 'easy' strat is riskier in terms of unpredictable add behaviour. People are undergeared atm and a stray thrall or single boomer shot can ruin your day. So it's less time to learn the strat, but there's a chance you can play perfectly and have something unexpected happen.

And of course some of us weren't running with the same group each time, which is why we opt for the alternate strategy to reduce the learning period. I'm hoping to have the same/similar people this week for at least two clears which should help immensely, but you can't expect to walk in and one-shot it with a new group.

Most of the time I do run with my static group, but we have recently been picking up 1 to 2 randoms to fill out the team when we're all not available.

Obviously playing with the same people makes things easier. And you do need everyone to be on point as a 5 man is possible, but not ideal, and 4 is out of the question.

radiohead1

Neo Member
so just a bunch of execution errors?

I'm trying to learn here before I jump in to my first HM.
The biggest issue is that if there are 6 under leveled players, it only takes one execution error to wipe. And that error can come pretty easily at every stage of the fight. Once people get better gear after a few weeks, Oryx will be a lot more forgiving.

Namikaze1

You don´t happen to need one more for Orxy do you?
I actually don't know if Afro found a 6th yet. We're raiding in two and a half hours. As far as I know, we have 5: fig, math, Afro, breezy, and myself. But like I said, I don't know if Afro found a 6th or if Zoba will surprise us and join for one last raid.

Deku Tree

The new infusion system makes me put a lot of my exotics in the vault and not use them. If I can't power them up then they're can't be used.

GlamFM

Banned
I actually don't know if Afro found a 6th yet. We're raiding in two and a half hours. As far as I know, we have 5: fig, math, Afro, breezy, and myself. But like I said, I don't know if Afro found a 6th or if Zoba will surprise us and join for one last raid.

Can I be your alt? Are you starting fresh or just Oryx?

I think you forgot Math doesn't play on Tuesdays anymore.

Think I remember her saying she had today free.

Also, who was it that I was with and we almost 2-manned the last part of Oryx the other day? Would've been the most epic thing if we had pulled it off.

Deku Tree

So without paying money, we only get to keep two masks and completing the quests have 0% chance of dropping glue?

Man, that takes away my interest in trying to complete them. :(

And even if you do spend real money, each Tess package only gives you a "chance" at getting more glue.

LiK

Most of the time I do run with my static group, but we have recently been picking up 1 to 2 randoms to fill out the team when we're all not available.

Obviously playing with the same people makes things easier. And you do need everyone to be on point as a 5 man is possible, but not ideal, and 4 is out of the question.

the biggest issue right now is many Gaffers like me no longer have a set raid group we play with so every time people join a new group, they need to play a new position or learn a slightly different strategy depending on the group. everyone has to get the timing down with new people and it can be quite an adjustment depending on the speed of the runner etc. Oryx HM requires the tightest coordination which is the biggest challenge.

E92 M3

The shitty damage model/impact archetypes for the Trials weapons has me pretty bummed.

Yeah, but I want that Titan armor at least. Love the gauntlets.

The new infusion system makes me put a lot of my exotics in the vault and not use them. If I can't power them up then they're can't be used.

The infusion needs a lot of work. Hell, I don't even use exotics most exotics to maintain light level. Secondly, exotics take less juice from infusion fodder.

Ozone

And even if you do spend real money, each Tess package only gives you a "chance" at getting more glue.
I mean, you do get a legendary mask guarantee that you can break down into glue at least. So the chance is at getting to keep 2 more masks.

I really wish I had a grinding option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom