• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyne

sounds like I should just run HM up to Daughters and back out for a couple of weeks... then do it when I know I have a less of a chance to let my team down.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
If I'm 306 chances and got decent drop could I get 311 upto Oryx in hard mode? Collecting so many exotic engrams now need to use them.

sounds like I should just run HM up to Daughters and back out for a couple of weeks... then do it when I know I have a less of a chance to let my team down.

Nah, don't do that. Plenty of people here are willing to show new people the ropes. When do you normally play? I'll be running with my group until Thursday but after that I'm free to help anyone that needs it.

LTWood12

If I'm 306 chances and got decent drop could I get 311 upto Oryx in hard mode? Collecting so many exotic engrams now need to use them.

You'd have to have Nami levels of rng to go from 306 to 311 before even getting to Oryx. Curb your expectations. My Titan started the run at 309 and ended at 310. Warlock was 308 at beginning and ended at 310. That's AFTER beating Oryx.

zewone

No, I'd attempt it.

With the alt strategy you don't need to be a high light level.

You'd have to have Nami levels of rng to go from 306 to 311 before even getting to Oryx. Curb your expectations. My Titan started the run at 309 and ended at 310. Warlock was 308 at beginning and ended at 310. That's AFTER beating Oryx.

I went from 305 to 311 with the addition of a Ghost, HMG, and Gloves.

It can be done.

Ghost 318
HMG 319
Gloves 316

LiK

I'm up for KF HM after 5PM EST. just gonna do it until Oryx unless I manage to get some gear that will push me over 310.

coy

the biggest issue right now is many Gaffers like me no longer have a set raid group we play with so every time people join a new group, they need to play a new position or learn a slightly different strategy depending on the group. everyone has to get the timing down with new people and it can be quite an adjustment depending on the speed of the runner etc. Oryx HM requires the tightest coordination which is the biggest challenge.
I've never had a set group throughout Destiny and this is the biggest roadblock. You have a limited amount of time to learn peoples' nuances, terminology, attitudes, etc. Having to adjust this on a weekly and sometimes daily basis can be trying, but many of us have endured and beaten all the content on a weekly basis. Yes, I wish I had a group I ran with consistently, but schedules don't allow for that. That said, I'm much better off playing with gaffers, even ones I have never spoken to before, than trying LFG.
Nah man, you're good. Most of the raid isn't that different from NM. And with the alt strat, Oryx is absolutely manageable as <310 LL. Also, don't psych yourself out and think you'll be a weak link. Just do what you'd normally do and make adjustments to the HM. If you do mess up, learn from it and try not to repeat it. You'll be good I'm sure.

SeanR1221

Hello!

Tonight at 10pm EST I will be starting a fresh HM run. We will call it: SeanR1221's birthday bonanza raid run featuring oryx and the terrible sister drops.

1.) me
2.) my cousin
3.) full
4.) full
5.) definitely you!
6.) ????

Two more spots available for 10pm est tonight!

Kyne

Nah, don't do that. Plenty of people here are willing to show new people the ropes. When do you normally play? I'll be running with my group until Thursday but after that I'm free to help anyone that needs it.

Truth be told I probably won't be running it until next weekend. Pretty sure I'm going to lead a King's Fall newbie raid (Halloween Edition) this weekend. Won't have much time to run it again. :p

Thanks for the offer though!

Trakan

Oryx is easier than Daughters. Daughters is the hardest part of the raid right now due to the strict timeframe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom