• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadduck

nah, I'm done for the week, sorry.

Plus it's super god damn late and I should be asleep ):

Thanks for your team for letting me join and Drizzay stepping up to help out when we were down to 5.

300 pulse, 310 gloves (wearing 316) and 310 bond (wearing 316). Yay!

Jinjo

Challenge mode needs to drop guaranteed 320 light stuff. Preferably new gear rather than the same raid gear again please.

bitsurugi

If Trials doesn't offer an avenue to 320 gear I will be majorly pissed.

From what i have read on the first datamines, mercury gear will be 300-310. All other below that (guess 290-300).

TBH, i don't want mercury to give 320. It's fine that (hard) raid is the one that gives highest light level gear. Just don't make it so damn rare. Esp since you need good ''numbers'' to roll, plus good perks plus multiple stuff for infusion of other gear.

Take gloves for example: you kinda need multiple for different primaries, otherwise you are not perfected. Same for bonus ammo on chest/boots.

At this rate, i won't even have a full set by december, lol.

Shito

good luck with that

i don't see bungie undermining a raid with pvp gear.. prison of elders was a different beast
From what i have read on the first datamines, mercury gear will be 300-310. All other below that (guess 290-300).

TBH, i don't want mercury to give 320. It's fine that (hard) raid is the one that gives highest light level gear. Just don't make it so damn rare. Esp since you need good ''numbers'' to roll, plus good perks plus multiple stuff for infusion of other gear.

Take gloves for example: you kinda need multiple for different primaries, otherwise you are not perfected. Same for bonus ammo on chest/boots.

At this rate, i won't even have a full set by december, lol.
It would be a pretty stupid idea to go back to the time where you had to run PVE in order to be able to compete equally in the PVP modes where light level advantage is enabled.
I thought they learned their lesson about that...

good luck with that

i don't see bungie undermining a raid with pvp gear.. prison of elders was a different beast

They are doing enough to undermine their raid gear by having it be ass. Prison was different but that wasn't even where you really got top light stuff. This is part of the problem with the new endgame. There are less ways to level up. HoW had it right in that nearly any activity was relevant. It was easy enough to get etheric light and from there you could work on horizontal progression and level up gear you actually liked. You chased gear not levels and much less RNG was involved. Now you have to use shitty raid gear to be at a decent level or infuse it which results in a loss of light. If you accidentally infuse your best piece into something you end up disliking you are screwed until you can prevail over multiple layers of RNG to get another good drop.

The way things are at the moment it wouldn't surprise me if they troll everyone and lighthouse gear will be an RNG roll between 310-320. Normal rewards will roll from 280-300

Aesthetics aside I'm not that fussed as I've managed to get a perfect PvP set up, ashes to assets helm, pulse rifle Ahamkaras, solar armour chest and RL Boots, currently 308 with 2 raids to run for infusion

jimboton

If Trials doesn't offer an avenue to 320 gear I will be majorly pissed.
Me too. I'm bored to tears of the raid already, it's a fantastic raid but I don't want to be forced to grind it 3x a week in order to not have a ~10 LL disadvantage in Trials. Trials rewards for lighthouse should be 310-320.

Jinjo

Me too. I'm bored to tears of the raid already, it's a fantastic raid but I don't want to be forced to grind it 3x a week in order to not have a ~10 LL disadvantage in Trials. Trials rewards for lighthouse should be 310-320.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say with the current
bullshit
RNG drops it's gonna be more of an extremely rare exception than the norm to have a -10 LL disadvantage. Is there even anyone 320L yet?

Ikkarus

bullshit
RNG drops it's gonna be more of an extremely rare exception than the norm to have a -10 LL disadvantage. Is there even anyone 320L yet?
I think it's impossible to reach 320 Light due to the fact you can't obtain a 320 artefact yet.

Was a bit scrubby on the last phase but we got there, that's all that matters.

Sorry for any scrubby deaths as runner(the killed by the architects one doesn't count I swear) and sorry to Drizzay for sniping his spot. Got a 317 hand cannon for infusion purposes, 305 auto rifle for infusion purposes and some dupe 313 boots.

Haha no sniping was involved, I'd rather you take it for the loot. I got called into not one but two more Oryx kills a bit later so I wasn't hurting in that department. 317 HC is great infusion fodder, can't believe Cuco's luck on that 320 Firefly pulse.

jimboton

bullshit

Which will make it even more of a chore as weeks go by and it's no longer the exception, having to go back to the raid to inch our way to 320-ish instead of focusing on the (long overdue) endgame pvp content.

Lyudmila-D rolls

They're all trash, so to speak. No counterbalance, no brace frame, no hand-laid stock. .

Many thanks for all the Lyudmila roll posts. Those are very meh, makes me feel better about missing it last week. I'll buy two this week then hang onto one as long as necessary in case a god roll shows up.

This is not the first time that I've bumped into him randomly :p

I'm being watched o_O

Ikkarus

This is purely speculation but I reckon Bungie will treat the Trials gear the same way they treated IB in that you'll get a armour drop at any given range depending on your Light.

It's lame but given the way they've treated all other loot drops I just expect this will be the way it's handled. I hope I'm wrong.

HM KF last night gave me nothing by normal mode drops or just shards. I'm waiting for Bungie to post a generic weekly saying "We hear your complaints and we are working on addressing the loot drops." Geez just do it right the first time, no one should just get shards in HM.

K_B

Kind of a noob question, but what light should I be to do well in nightfall? I've never done one before. I'm 295 right now.

HM KF last night gave me nothing by normal mode drops or just shards. I'm waiting for Bungie to post a generic weekly saying "We hear your complaints and we are working on addressing the loot drops." Geez just do it right the first time, no one should just get shards in HM.

You will be waiting for a long time. Highly doubt they will do anything meaningful to reduce the grind that is TTK.

geordiemp

i think with bungies intension of gradually increasing light level they also made it possible to not progress at all

i don't expect to get multiple 320 drops in a single raid but not to gain a single light level when completing a hard raid? thats tough to swallow

Yup, its like being forever 29 due to RNG

Did 2 complete hard mode raids last night on 2 characters, both went up 1 light level.

Got 310 boots, here is a 312 pair, got 312 machine gun, here is a 314 machine gun.

I am not sure how much it is RNG as the light level creep is scary its like the server is trolling you with little scraps, although some lucky guys do get 320 drops. We dont have the bloody gun parts to do this light level creep.

The way it should be is if you get a drop its always + 2 light minimum over what you have equiped.

Ken

What's the point of making the level of drops RNG? I totally get the fun of RNG perks and combat stats on drop but there's really only tears when fiddling with item levels.

noomi

Here's my rant for today....

RNG in Kings Fall Hard Mode is absolutely terrible, you should always be guaranteed a drop after a boss kill, no matter what., ALWAYS.

Nothing sucks more than getting 2 shards and wormspore. Yesterday I was so fucking salty about it. Warpriest 2 shards, Golgoroth 2 shards, Deathsinger Sisters 2 fucking shards. 6 Hard Mode clears with not a single primary weapon drop...What is this? You're telling me that I got screwed from both normal and hard mode loot tables? No.... no fucking way.

I know I'm not the only one that feels this way, and I feel people need to talk about it so Bungie see's it.

Enough people complained about Nightfall loot, they increased it. People complained about Iron Banner & Crucible loot, they are now aware. Now, they need to be aware that hard mode kings fall loot is complete horse shit.

Please, for the love of God no more shards from boss kills. It's completely disheartening not getting anything while your team mates get 3-4 pieces of loot.

/endrant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom