• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanR1221

The totems and the war priest really wear me out now in this raid. I just don't want to do them anymore. I think most people despite their light level are bad at those parts. It makes the raid an hour or more longer than it should be.

By the way, is there a way to do hm war priest without a Titan bubble? I've never been in a team without it. It seems absolutely mandatory since you can't really dodge the things he throws/shoot while shooting him.

Still being defeated last night, I just feel burnt out in general. Why waste hours just to get a 312 ghost. There comes a point you step back and reflect and think "wtf am I doing?"

It seems like a better idea to just enjoy the current events of destiny over any end game content because it's so bad. Zoba was right. I now see the way.

noomi

I'm just feeling a bit salty and wanted to vent a bit, hope you guys don't mind....

Normally I try to be the positive one, but lately it's a bit difficult to keep smiling when it seems I'm constantly getting screwed by the raid loot system.

The real piss off is that some will RNG 2 pieces of loot while another will just get shards. Terrible balance.

Holy Lord, agreed. 4 HM clears between my 2 locks and haven't gotten a single piece of useful gear. Probably 8+ gauntlets and 4+ warlock bonds, none of which were useable for an Oryx drop. Went from a whopping 310 to 312 after 2 weeks of HM raids.

Buuuuut, all my exotic gauntlets are 315 now so I have that going for me...

You know.... I understand that there has to be some form of RNG in play here, but I would really appreciate it if you were at least guaranteed a hard mode piece of loot from each boss encounter. I'd rather get a Heavy Machine Gun 5 times than get nothing from the hard mode loot table.

I feel like the Warpriest should always drop a special/heavy weapon, Golgoroth should always drop a piece of armor, Sisters should always drop a piece or armor or class item, and most importantly I feel like Oryx should ALWAYS drop a primary weapon. It is by far the most difficult encounter in Destiny at the moment that takes time, coordination, communication, and damn near perfect execution. I would like to be properly rewarded for my time and effort.

Same here, did my run on titan and i am unable to push him a single light level up, if i wasn't going out last night id probably did the other 2 runs, but after reading everyones comments i don't have the incentive in me. The rng here is worse then it ever was for any raid. I don't understand why we have normal raid drops from hard mode, i don't need sub 310 drops, thats why i entered the higher difficulty raid.
I even got a ghost at 310!!!! yay, was it a nm or hm drop? Thats a good question.
Hopefully trials will deliver... Buahhahahah

This is why when I finally get HM done I am putting Destiny down for a bit. Been playing pretty consistently for a year and it feels like grinding for grindings sake.

I'm not going to be doing KF for much longer. It's way too disappointing to miss >50% of your loot chances, and what loot you do get needs to be infused multiple times just to get up.

yup, I keep reading how bad the loots have been this whole week for everyone. I really have very little motivation to play KF HM atm. maybe i'll help people for certain bosses sans Oryx but I'm not doing any full runs until they fix the loot drops.

I'm done with doing Nightfalls since the loot isn't anything I need nor want, the daily story mission and weeklies are most likely the next thing I'll be phasing out since I'm capped on marks.

Maybe after playing Destiny for over a year and 1,300+ hours it's time... time to move on?

Nah.... this game's got me by the balls.

LiK

I'm done with doing Nightfalls since the loot isn't anything I need nor want, the daily story mission and weeklies are most likely the next thing I'll be phasing out.

Maybe after playing Destiny for over a year and 1,300+ hours it's time... time to move on?

all I keep getting from NFs are 310 Titan Alpha Lupis. I have gotten ZERO exotic weapons. it's such a joke.

the RNG is shit. garbage. ass.

Jinjo

Is it worth going for the Stillpiercer sniper?

The reload is pretty amazing, especially with reload gloves. The high-res radar is kinda meh since it only activates when you have the sniper out and usually you'll ADS down those things. Perfectionist is good for trash mobs. For raid activities and bosses I tend prefer the vendor 1000YS. Best sniper in the game.

The totems and the war priest really wear me out now in this raid. I just don't want to do them anymore. I think most people despite their light level are bad at those parts. It makes the raid an hour or more longer than it should be.

By the way, is there a way to do hm war priest without a Titan bubble? I've never been in a team without it. It seems absolutely mandatory since you can't really dodge the things he throws/shoot while shooting him.

Do the right plate first as the captains bubble is easy to deal with, we did it last night without a bubble

For raid activities and bosses I tend prefer the vendor 1000YS. Best sniper in the game.

Yes... if you don't own one of these it's great! ;)

3c41a199cabc2aa6eba5862eca56fcd1.jpg

Namikaze1

Thanks, guys! Very much appreciate it. :)

Now back to playing Halo 5. Playing it in Legendary on my brother's account cause it's his copy and he wants me to unlock the campaign achievements for him.

they can't be this far into year 2 and not know what they were doing....

And yet I've managed to play >500 Crucible matches in TTK with exactly one Legendary weapon drop to show for it, which they admitted was a bug. That one seems believable since there's no compelling reason to throttle down Crucible drops so hard. Intentionally making it a huge pain to hit level cap with terrible HM drops sounds way more believable.

E92 M3

Yes... if you don't own one of these it's great! ;)

3c41a199cabc2aa6eba5862eca56fcd1.jpg

I love Eirrene! Have mine at 315.

I'm just feeling a bit salty and wanted to vent a bit, hope you guys don't mind....

Normally I try to be the positive one, but lately it's a bit difficult to keep smiling when it seems I'm constantly getting screwed by the raid loot system.

You know.... I understand that there has to be some form of RNG in play here, but I would really appreciate it if you were at least guaranteed a hard mode piece of loot from each boss encounter. I'd rather get a Heavy Machine Gun 5 times than get nothing from the hard mode loot table.

I feel like the Warpriest should always drop a special/heavy weapon, Golgoroth should always drop a piece of armor, Sisters should always drop a piece or armor or class item, and most importantly I feel like Oryx should ALWAYS drop a primary weapon. It is by far the most difficult encounter in Destiny at the moment that takes time, coordination, communication, and damn near perfect execution. I would like to be properly rewarded for my time and effort.

I'm done with doing Nightfalls since the loot isn't anything I need nor want, the daily story mission and weeklies are most likely the next thing I'll be phasing out since I'm capped on marks.

Vent away, brother. Hard mode has a serious issue with raid drops that Bungie needs to address ASAP. Hell, just even acknowledge it during the update. No one should walk away empty-handed from a boss fight.

Video games have taught us better than that.

Anyone need the solar sword? PSN jen867530nine

No mic.

Tried with randoms and they just killed all the wardens then the boss way later. Sigh. I'll probably die a lot but that's what I do best.

Wow dark drinker shits all over court of oryx. It's disgusting.

I was doing this a bit last night and this morning, super fun. Dark Drinker and Raze Lighter are both a blast. Not sure if one does more or less damage but they absolutely destroy CoO bosses.

Makes me laugh thinking back to the first week of TTK, this Tier 3 CoO was a serious challenge with our terrible weapons. Now it takes 30 seconds solo, good fun. Stupid runes have been clogging my inventory so a little CoO now and then is necessary.

Shito

Still being defeated last night, I just feel burnt out in general. Why waste hours just to get a 312 ghost. There comes a point you step back and reflect and think "wtf am I doing?"

It seems like a better idea to just enjoy the current events of destiny over any end game content because it's so bad. Zoba was right. I now see the way.
I've only run NM KF once, and haven't touched HM yet. I still don't have my ToM yet, so I'll guess I'll have to run either of those at least once again, but I have very little motivation to do so: the raid is too mechanically stiff for my tastes, the loot is mostly crap, and there's no reason to be 300+ apart from running the raid with more ease.
For the moment I am perfectly fine just enjoying the random events that have been popping regularly. :)

I think I'm officially done ordering packages from the gunsmith. I've bought everything I've wanted from the tower. I'm constantly swimming in legendary marks and to this day I only really like one gun from the packages(Eirene).
I'd rather have the gun space.

LiK

I think I'm officially done ordering packages from the gunsmith. I've bought everything I've wanted from the tower. I'm constantly swimming in legendary marks and to this day I only really like one gun from the packages(Eirene).
I'd rather have the gun space.

the only thing worth getting from them are the weapon parts.

Deku Tree

So I'm wondering if the 320 is the level cap for now. The only indication we ever got of 330 was the numbers in the Bungie Armory, but that is pretty meaningless. For sure the level cap is going higher than 320 in Year 2 but that doesn't mean it's happening anytime soon or for the Challenge modes.

Bungie clearly said in the tweets that the challenge modes were for both Normal and Hard, which seems to indicate that there may be no light level increase. Maybe new mechanics? Specific criteria under which it is required to beat the boss? Is at least one of the challenges just beat the boss within a time limit? That sounds easy and boring.

I'm convinced that collecting all the fragments is certainly going to open up one or more new quests.

It's week two and nobody has gotten the Heroic ship in the kiosk, so that must also be locked behind these challenges.

phen0m24

I watched Josh and VE3TRO and Co. raid last night on XBone. And here was his first raid on Xbox, and he got

Shards
Shards
Shards
Shards
300?! chest
302 (I think)?! scout

We've all ranted about how the loot totally bites. But there's my kid, all fresh faced and actually kinda hyped to run it, (I know I fall on the "ready to quit" side of the fence more lately) and RNG gives him the bird.

When we're all at this simultaneously low point in the Sine wave, I see more "Why?" questions which I like. Maybe if I/we help people more and grind less it will be "fun" again. :) Helped a guy last night take down the Champions as he was like 243. That was cool.

Hoping to bang out a HM tonight and then maybe Destiny will be a game I play with friends but not the only game I play/second job. :)

Bizazedo

the only thing worth getting from them are the weapon parts.
No. DIS 47 rolled great this week. Suros rocket launcher rolled great before. Just have to hold out for god rolls.

As for HM, 311 seems good enough anyways. Red adds disappeared. Rest is gravy and grinding for good rolls on weapons / armor.

last night was completely ridiculous. I've come up with some new ideas but honestly the flaws in the 'easy' strat are way too apparent now. I'm not just talking about runner deaths either, you have to run WAY too far to detonate bombs and there's potential for the ogres to be at wildly different distances. Now that we're creeping up abvove 311 we should definitely start looking into killing the ogres where they spawn + dealing with the knights. When you want to farm a boss instead of just get one kill, safer is better.

Yeah, I'd rather practice doing it the semi-normal way than just praying that nothing goes wrong for 4 cycles doing it with the easy strat.

My Touch of Malice is up to 318 now so I'm ready to melt some fucking ogres. I'll bring my Titan and can be the floater, putting up blessing of light.

I hold zero hope of the raid loot drops ever being addressed or changed. They are going to continuously move the goal posts until they can start hyping Destiny 2. They will introduce challenge mode, so that will be the new carrot to chase. Then there will be the next minor event or time gated bit of loot to keep us going. But hitting LL 320? They are hyper aware that they don't want you to do that easily and all these drop issues are not issues on their end but carefully crafted hurdles to artificially prolong the end game. And that right there is the crux of the crota, the artificial lengthening of the end game content.

We now know that it has been a game of catch up for them since a year out from vanilla launch. Everything they have had to do has been a compromise of resources. They clearly stated the purpose of micro-transactions. They need us to literally buy them more time. They need TTK content to pull as few resources as possible to focus more on Destiny 2 so they can maybe finally get ahead of their never ending game of catch up. Their entire financial and developmental structure regarding TTK content right now can be summed up as, "stall." They have to keep us around with as little as possible. If you think stingy raid loot isn't an intentional design to achieve this, you are delusional. The same way they won't ever acknowledge weapons parts, and just let everyone slowly forget about them. It artificially lengthens the end game. Time gates, RNG on RNG on RNG hurdles, weekly gates, daily gates, economy nerfs, etc, etc. We got so caught up in all the new TTK content we didn't realize that under the new veneer, not only is it the same old Y1 Bungie, they have doubled even tripled down on what we considered anti-player anti-fun practices. We were so used to chasing the carrot, all they had to do was swap out the carrot with a banana and we all went ape shit.

When I play end game Destiny content and hit these walls. I don't feel like the game is challenging me, I honestly feel like the developers resent me and my time. It is a shitty, frustrating feeling. I hit my Destiny "rock bottom" prior to HoW release when I realized I was regrinding for the same old shit that I had already worked to unlock and upgrade before. When you finally just stop turning on Destiny for a day or two, your realize how easy it is not to play their exploitative end game content and move on. But until you hit rock bottom, you find yourself logging on. I think KF HM went too far and people will be leaving Destiny in droves by mid November. Well done Bungie, you won, you made junkies of us all. So....you got any of them time gated exotics?

Number45

So naturally Armsday is good because I didn't actually place any orders this week! :'(

Yes, they are very good but don't throw them on the ground, ideally. Throw them on walls, or even better slanted surfaces angled towards the ground.
Yeah, I think I must just suck with non-sticky grenades. Just one to go, hopefully the next step isn't quite so long... :'(

What's so great about those exactly? (I had one, wasn't impressed, but might have been the low-impact one) LiTC? I'd rather have an extra sniperbullet with triple tap. Does more damage.

SUPER high impact, decent RoF for a sniper of this archetype and LiTC really does awesome boss damage. The Shoot to Loot - pick up any ammo you shoot perk has saved me so many times in the KF Raid when i've been in specific positions and unable to move and get ammo. God tier sniper.

I love Eirrene! Have mine at 315.

Same here! OR 317? idk someplace like that lol

E92 M3

So I'm wondering if the 320 is the level cap for now. The only indication we ever got of 330 was the numbers in the Bungie Armory, but that is pretty meaningless. For sure the level cap is going higher than 320 in Year 2 but that doesn't mean it's happening anytime soon or for the Challenge modes.

Bungie clearly said in the tweets that the challenge modes were for both Normal and Hard, which seems to indicate that there may be no light level increase. Maybe new mechanics? Specific criteria under which it is required to beat the boss? Is at least one of the challenges just beat the boss within a time limit? That sounds easy and boring.

I'm convinced that collecting all the fragments is certainly going to open up one or more new quests.

It's week two and nobody has gotten the Heroic ship in the kiosk, so that must also be locked behind these challenges.

I am excited for new challenges and rewards, but the last thing I want is another light level increase. Chasing the stupid cap has been the most annoying part of TTK.

Just give me new weapons.

I watched Josh and VE3TRO and Co. raid last night on XBone. And here was his first raid on Xbox, and he got

Shards
Shards
Shards
Shards
300?! chest
302 (I think)?! scout

We've all ranted about how the loot totally bites. But there's my kid, all fresh faced and actually kinda hyped to run it, (I know I fall on the "ready to quit" side of the fence more lately) and RNG gives him the bird.

When we're all at this simultaneously low point in the Sine wave, I see more "Why?" questions which I like. Maybe if I/we help people more and grind less it will be "fun" again. :) Helped a guy last night take down the Champions as he was like 243. That was cool.

Hoping to bang out a HM tonight and then maybe Destiny will be a game I play with friends but not the only game I play/second job. :)

Yeah man, it's completely disheartening. Destiny is so good, though, that I'd rather do gunsmith test weapons than play Halo 5 lol.

noomi

Would appreciate if some of you guys would throw an upvote at this: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...age_scoring_gets_you_points_for_every_player/

There is a post on the front page of reddit that is complaining about the scoring system in Salvage that has nothing but bad information in it. >_<

upmoted, doesn't look like it'll gain too much traction though.

I was doing this a bit last night and this morning, super fun. Dark Drinker and Raze Lighter are both a blast. Not sure if one does more or less damage but they absolutely destroy CoO bosses.

Makes me laugh thinking back to the first week of TTK, this Tier 3 CoO was a serious challenge with our terrible weapons. Now it takes 30 seconds solo, good fun. Stupid runes have been clogging my inventory so a little CoO now and then is necessary.

Was actually talking with some guys about this yesterday, Raze Lighter is just pure awesome, but if your surrounded by adds the Dark Drinker is pretty sick as well.

Bungie thinks the way to keep us playing this game is by giving us shitty drops. That's not even a joke.

Seems like it....

"Hey if he gets no loot, he'll come back again next week and keep playing"

;_;

Specific criteria under which it is required to beat the boss?

This is my guess for Challenge modes, like an expanded version of the "kill Templar with no teleports, get more ass." I don't foresee new mechanics considering how little they added from NM to HM.

My guess for Golgi would be "kill him without ever failing to capture the gaze" which would require both the 2-gazer strat and high enough DPS to finish him with 6 radiant light pools max.

Bizazedo

SUPER high impact, decent RoF for a sniper of this archetype and LiTC really does awesome boss damage. The Shoot to Loot - pick up any ammo you shoot perk has saved me so many times in the KF Raid when i've been in specific positions and unable to move and get ammo. God tier sniper.

Same here! OR 317? idk someplace like that lol
Eirene is bugged and has the same impact as 1000YS. The bar is a lie :(.

phen0m24

Just give me new weapons.

Yeah man, it's completely disheartening. Destiny is so good, though, that I'd rather do gunsmith test weapons than play Halo 5 lol.

Josh can't wait to try H5 tonight :) - will see if he feels the same way

Seems like it....

"Hey if he gets no loot, he'll come back again next week and keep playing"
;_;

Noomi found 2 ascendant shards
Noomi found 2 ascendant energies

It's kinda been that way for a while, amigo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom