• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sofa King

Here's my rant for today....

RNG in Kings Fall Hard Mode is absolutely terrible, you should always be guaranteed a drop after a boss kill, no matter what., ALWAYS.

Nothing sucks more than getting 2 shards and wormspore. Yesterday I was so fucking salty about it. Warpriest 2 shards, Golgoroth 2 shards, Deathsinger Sisters 2 fucking shards. 6 Hard Mode clears with not a single primary weapon drop...What is this? You're telling me that I got screwed from both normal and hard mode loot tables? No.... no fucking way.

I know I'm not the only one that feels this way, and I feel people need to talk about it so Bungie see's it.

Enough people complained about Nightfall loot, they increased it. People complained about Iron Banner & Crucible loot, they are now aware. Now, they need to be aware that hard mode kings fall loot is complete horse shit.

Please, for the love of God no more shards from boss kills. It's completely disheartening not getting anything while your team mates get 3-4 pieces of loot.

/endrant

This is why when I finally get HM done I am putting Destiny down for a bit. Been playing pretty consistently for a year and it feels like grinding for grindings sake.

flkraven

I'm currently at 311 with 299 boots. Not a single boot drop on either character after running 7 or 8 raids. At least the nightfall dropped 291 boots for me last week. Thanks for the 3 marks!

flkraven

RNG in Kings Fall Hard Mode is absolutely terrible, you should always be guaranteed a drop after a boss kill, no matter what., ALWAYS.

Nothing sucks more than getting 2 shards and wormspore. Yesterday I was so fucking salty about it. Warpriest 2 shards, Golgoroth 2 shards, Deathsinger Sisters 2 fucking shards. 6 Hard Mode clears with not a single primary weapon drop...What is this? You're telling me that I got screwed from both normal and hard mode loot tables? No.... no fucking way.

I know I'm not the only one that feels this way, and I feel people need to talk about it so Bungie see's it.

Enough people complained about Nightfall loot, they increased it. People complained about Iron Banner & Crucible loot, they are now aware. Now, they need to be aware that hard mode kings fall loot is complete horse shit.

Please, for the love of God no more shards from boss kills. It's completely disheartening not getting anything while your team mates get 3-4 pieces of loot.

/endrant

The real piss off is that some will RNG 2 pieces of loot while another will just get shards. Terrible balance.

Flipside

I have a question and I can't find the answer to it (maybe my searching skills aren't all that ;))

After collecting all four gunsmith pieces I didn't get any follow-up quest (First Firewall). Do I need a specific gunsmith level (currently 2)? Or is there something else I am missing?

Would really like that sleeper simulant.

Jabronium

I have a question and I can't find the answer to it (maybe my searching skills aren't all that ;))

After collecting all four gunsmith pieces I didn't get any follow-up quest (First Firewall). Do I need a specific gunsmith level (currently 2)? Or is there something else I am missing?

Would really like that sleeper simulant.

First Firewall will open up at some random date. So far it was just that first time. Bungie has tweeted that it will pop up again but no indication of when.

LTWood12

Do weapons and armor no longer drop in Vault of Glass or Crota's End? No one got anything from Atheon except Chatterwhite last night. And I've seen footage of people beating Crota since TTK and its always just shader/emblem.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Do weapons and armor no longer drop in Vault of Glass or Crota's End? No one got anything from Atheon except Chatterwhite last night. And I've seen footage of people beating Crota since TTK and its always just shader/emblem.

I got a drop last week from Atheon.

/endrant

Holy Lord, agreed. 4 HM clears between my 2 locks and haven't gotten a single piece of useful gear. Probably 8+ gauntlets and 4+ warlock bonds, none of which were useable for an Oryx drop. Went from a whopping 310 to 312 after 2 weeks of HM raids.

Buuuuut, all my exotic gauntlets are 315 now so I have that going for me...

Nuszka

/endrant
Same here, did my run on titan and i am unable to push him a single light level up, if i wasn't going out last night id probably did the other 2 runs, but after reading everyones comments i don't have the incentive in me. The rng here is worse then it ever was for any raid. I don't understand why we have normal raid drops from hard mode, i don't need sub 310 drops, thats why i entered the higher difficulty raid.
I even got a ghost at 310!!!! yay, was it a nm or hm drop? Thats a good question.
Hopefully trials will deliver... Buahhahahah

So true. Thankfully, it paid off.
Gonna sleep like a baby
for 2 hours

kRLPM1e.jpg

Thanks to everyone that joined in to help Lnkn and I get our first HM Oryx kill. We skipped him last week, so glad we finally got that first one out of the way.

Out of interest, was you running the relic?

Luis_23

Defeated Atheon last night. Got VoC. I think RNGeesus was not on your side.

AngerdX

Any kindhearted that wouldn´t mind helping a 299 scrub get his exotic sword?

Also now my quest is halfdone, do i need to abandon it and take it again, or it won´t matter aslong as it gets done right?

Did a complete VoG run for NTTE last time, nothing other than shards/energies dropped for the 6 of us. Helped a couple of groups at Atheon and only saw one VoC, nothing else.

Mupod

Fuck, I slept through my alarm. 10 minutes to get ready for work, let's do this.

At least oryx went down yesterday. Worth it.

last night was completely ridiculous. I've come up with some new ideas but honestly the flaws in the 'easy' strat are way too apparent now. I'm not just talking about runner deaths either, you have to run WAY too far to detonate bombs and there's potential for the ogres to be at wildly different distances. Now that we're creeping up abvove 311 we should definitely start looking into killing the ogres where they spawn + dealing with the knights. When you want to farm a boss instead of just get one kill, safer is better.

LiK

it finally happened last night. hit the glimmer and marks cap and I have no clue what to spend it on. already spent them on everything I wanted and I'm not getting any good drops to infuse shit anymore. I think I'm officially done with the game.

well, maybe i'll still try to get the last two masks that's missing in my collection...

it finally happened last night. hit the glimmer and marks cap and I have no clue what to spend it on. already spent them on everything I wanted and I'm not getting any good drops to infuse shit anymore. I think I'm officially done with the game.

well, maybe i'll still try to get the last two masks that's missing in my collection...

Gunsmith packages, each is 2500 glimmer.

Zoidberg

/endrant

I'm not going to be doing KF for much longer. It's way too disappointing to miss >50% of your loot chances, and what loot you do get needs to be infused multiple times just to get up.

Did a complete VoG run for NTTE last time, nothing other than shards/energies dropped for the 6 of us. Helped a couple of groups at Atheon and only saw one VoC, nothing else.

We did a VoG run recently for fun and got a few bits of armour and weapons for the fireteam - felt more generous on average than the old runs at the time to be honest.

IMHO Bungie have deliberately released new content with stingy drop rates - they know that the excitement of new content and hard modes will keep people going for a little while - then they can "listen" to players and jack up the rates when needed.

I know that sounds a bit tin-foil hat (and I generally believe in mis-communication and ineptness before I believe in conspiracy) but they can't be this far into year 2 and not know what they were doing....

*IF* you have the loot table percentages it's really not that hard to work out the average number of HM runs you would need to do to reach 320.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

/endrant

I feel you. The worst part is when you realize that there's absolutely no reason or benefit to getting the upgraded loot in the first place. Well played Bungie

LiK

/endrant

yup, I keep reading how bad the loots have been this whole week for everyone. I really have very little motivation to play KF HM atm. maybe i'll help people for certain bosses sans Oryx but I'm not doing any full runs until they fix the loot drops.

I feel you. The worst part is when you realize that there's absolutely no reason or benefit to getting the upgraded loot in the first place. Well played Bungie

Please don't throw me into a Destiny existential crisis. I need to believe in fun, exciting, worthwhile endgame material yet to come. I need to believe in God. Please don't shudder the last remaining bits of my waning faith. I'm so weak....

PuMa

LT, did you get to finish the NTTE quest last night? T jumped over to our instance when you had to leave, since we almost had the boss down at that point. If you need help finishing it, let me know.

The totems and the war priest really wear me out now in this raid. I just don't want to do them anymore. I think most people despite their light level are bad at those parts. It makes the raid an hour or more longer than it should be.

By the way, is there a way to do hm war priest without a Titan bubble? I've never been in a team without it. It seems absolutely mandatory since you can't really dodge the things he throws/shoot while shooting him.

LiK

The totems and the war priest really wear me out now in this raid. I just don't want to do them anymore. I think most people despite their light level are bad at those parts. It makes the raid an hour or more longer than it should be.

By the way, is there a way to do hm war priest without a Titan bubble? I've never been in a team without it. It seems absolutely mandatory since you can't really dodge the things he throws/shoot while shooting him.

it's bullshit he can still shoot shit even when he's stunned during round two.

LTWood12

LT, did you get to finish the NTTE quest last night? T jumped over to our instance when you had to leave, since we almost had the boss down at that point. If you need help finishing it, let me know.

Good man! No I did not. RL called. If I can't handle it I'll shoot you an invite. Thanks buddy.

E92 M3

In transit in Qatar..... OMG Qatar wut u doin?
"Qatar welcomes the hive and The Taken King"

That's pretty funn!

So true. Thankfully, it paid off.
Gonna sleep like a baby
for 2 hours

kRLPM1e.jpg

Thanks to everyone that joined in to help Lnkn and I get our first HM Oryx kill. We skipped him last week, so glad we finally got that first one out of the way.

ZKyvLAx.jpg

Did you do normal before or was it a double drop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom