• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

No. DIS 47 rolled great this week. Suros rocket launcher rolled great before. Just have to hold out for god rolls.

As for HM, 311 seems good enough anyways. Red adds disappeared. Rest is gravy and grinding for good rolls on weapons / armor.

I have way too many good weapons already that I don't really need the Gunsmith ones.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I watched Josh and VE3TRO and Co. raid last night on XBone. And here was his first raid on Xbox, and he got

Shards
Shards
Shards
Shards
300?! chest
302 (I think)?! scout

We've all ranted about how the loot totally bites. But there's my kid, all fresh faced and actually kinda hyped to run it, (I know I fall on the "ready to quit" side of the fence more lately) and RNG gives him the bird.

When we're all at this simultaneously low point in the Sine wave, I see more "Why?" questions which I like. Maybe if I/we help people more and grind less it will be "fun" again. :) Helped a guy last night take down the Champions as he was like 243. That was cool.

Hoping to bang out a HM tonight and then maybe Destiny will be a game I play with friends but not the only game I play/second job. :)

I think we all got crap drops from that. I got a 303 chest and 303 fusion. One of the guys was such a moaning ass. Even at the beginning he was moaning at Josh for missing the first hidden chest jump. If the reserve guy was available I'd kicked him.

We nearly beat the daughters first go but the newcomer was torn and ran away after we downed the first one which killed us all lol. Nearly got Oryx second attempt but some miscommunication lead to someone not being on the plate.

It was fun though. Need to run another two times then maybe try hard mode.

EL CUCO

Did you do normal before or was it a double drop?
Normal is dead to me lol. So..something worth noting:

My HM Oryx drops were the 320 pulse, a 302 sniper, and 303 Gauntlets. And it looks like HM Oryx DID eat my moldering shards. I'm guessing it's because I hadn't done normal mode? I thought I read Luke say that Oryx doesn't take your shards in HM, but I could be wrong.

Jabronium

I've only run NM KF once, and haven't touched HM yet. I still don't have my ToM yet, so I'll guess I'll have to run either of those at least once again, but I have very little motivation to do so: the raid is too mechanically stiff for my tastes, the loot is mostly crap, and there's no reason to be 300+ apart from running the raid with more ease.
For the moment I am perfectly fine just enjoying the random events that have been popping regularly. :)

Pretty much where I'm at as well. I've only got one full NM run under my belt (thx again to last night's team), and it was fun, but I don't see myself grinding it out like VOG or CE. I'll do it again, someday. I'll finish my void sword, maybe even get stupid and try fragment hunting for ToM, but I don't feel the same urgency to grind at this point. I suppose that's due in part to no real carrot to chase, and also due to the progression blockers becoming more obvious.

noomi

Noomi found 2 ascendant shards
Noomi found 2 ascendant energies

It's kinda been that way for a while, amigo

Yeah it has, but it hurts more now since the introduction of light level. :(

In VoG/Crota you get get away with being level 30/32 and use whatever gear. Now since gear directly ties into our level it just sucks a bit more

Plus wasn't there always a guaranteed drop from Atheon & Crota? Whether it be a weapon or piece of armor? I can't even remember anymore...

lt519

When we're all at this simultaneously low point in the Sine wave, I see more "Why?" questions which I like. Maybe if I/we help people more and grind less it will be "fun" again. :) Helped a guy last night take down the Champions as he was like 243. That was cool.

Hoping to bang out a HM tonight and then maybe Destiny will be a game I play with friends but not the only game I play/second job. :)

For what it's worth I agree with you. I saw a post yesterday saying HM Oryx was on farm but it was getting boring and pointless because the drops weren't worth it. It's been 5 days since HM Oryx has been out and most people haven't even tried it, let alone beat Oryx. Sherpa some blind groups and have fun again. Split up your reset groups and don't run KF three times in a row for 5 hours straight and then complain it's getting stale. I don't know sometimes the 1% in this thread bother me. It's a bit insulting to be complaining about how easy and stale the raid is when someone like me hasn't beat it because I can't get on at reset time and/or find a experienced group later in the week. If I played with the same 5 people every time I'd be farming it now too. [/rant]

I know there are exceptions to the rule and a lot of people sherpa and help out but the complaining is a little much. RNG is gonna RNG, plenty of people are getting fantastic drops too, play for fun.

noomi

Luke help us.

I know you read our posts, I hope you are seeing all these complaints about Hard Mode loot. It's not front page on reddit so I'm afraid it might fall on deaf ears. Easier said than done I'm sure, but can we at least get a "yeah, alright, we'll check it out" or something.

The one upside to less compelling content is you don't have to sweat missing stuff, or force yourself to do anything grindy because there's greatness at the end. Exotic sword quests were terrible but especially bad because the swords are so fun you want to unlock them. ToM is similar but replace fun with useful.

2 annoying Crucible gunsmith test weapons? Not gonna bother. Daily bounties? Pick 'em up when I have space, turn 'em in whenever they're done. Don't need Legendary Marks so not wasting time grinding out same ol' Dailies or Weeklies. Do a little PvP when friends are around, help with HM Oryx runs, stuff like that.

Always fun with friends, never fun as a job.

blackflag

I'm just feeling a bit salty and wanted to vent a bit, hope you guys don't mind....

Normally I try to be the positive one, but lately it's a bit difficult to keep smiling when it seems I'm constantly getting screwed by the raid loot system.

You know.... I understand that there has to be some form of RNG in play here, but I would really appreciate it if you were at least guaranteed a hard mode piece of loot from each boss encounter. I'd rather get a Heavy Machine Gun 5 times than get nothing from the hard mode loot table.

I feel like the Warpriest should always drop a special/heavy weapon, Golgoroth should always drop a piece of armor, Sisters should always drop a piece or armor or class item, and most importantly I feel like Oryx should ALWAYS drop a primary weapon. It is by far the most difficult encounter in Destiny at the moment that takes time, coordination, communication, and damn near perfect execution. I would like to be properly rewarded for my time and effort.

I'm done with doing Nightfalls since the loot isn't anything I need nor want, the daily story mission and weeklies are most likely the next thing I'll be phasing out since I'm capped on marks.

Maybe after playing Destiny for over a year and 1,300+ hours it's time... time to move on?

Nah.... this game's got me by the balls.

I agree with everything you said.

I played HM yesterday and got no HM drop until Oryx on my Titan. Oryx finally gave me a primary besides the hand cannon and it was an HM pulse rifle.....at 310 and an HM chest at 311. So all that time for nothing at all. Yes it was somewhat of a good time playing with some of those players but it would have been a better time with those people and a game that didn't try to screw me or take advantage of my time.

Raid fights should always drop a piece of equipment. Maybe HM should always drop something 315-320. You will still be at the mercy of rng but it won't be quite as bad. I saw someone else suggest this last night. Zocano I think.

phen0m24

I think we all got crap drops from that. I got a 303 chest and 303 fusion. One of the guys was such a moaning ass. Even at the beginning he was moaning at Josh for missing the first hidden chest jump. If the reserve guy was available I'd kicked him.

We nearly beat the daughters first go but the newcomer was torn and ran away after we downed the first one which killed us all lol. Nearly got Oryx second attempt but some miscommunication lead to someone not being on the plate.

It was fun though. Need to run another two times then maybe try hard mode.

Thanks for your patience and for staying up, V. Totally classy of you! At the beginning I was getting after Josh a bit. Realized I was being a bit of a jerk and just tried to encourage him each time thereafter. #parentgaf

He had fun though for sure. I really appreciate it! I told him he should talk to you about the Youtubes. Maybe learn a few things. :)

Bizazedo

I have way too many good weapons already that I don't really need the Gunsmith ones.
That is a different argument, though. You said basically the arms day gives crap whereas if you wait and are patient, you can circumvent RNG a bit and get god rolls.

That rocket launcher I mentioned is an amazing Trials and IB one as an example.

You and I are probably loaded with good weapons, but I would bet there are some archetypes we both could improve through smart use of the Gunsmith.

Normal is dead to me lol. So..something worth noting:

My HM Oryx drops were the 320 pulse, a 302 sniper, and 303 Gauntlets. And it looks like HM Oryx DID eat my moldering shards. I'm guessing it's because I hadn't done normal mode? I thought I read Luke say that Oryx doesn't take your shards in HM, but I could be wrong.

HM doesn't take your shards but, since you hadn't done NM first, clearing HM also have you your NM drops which included shard consumption.

My question again ;)

How I do the sword secondary character glitch to finish fast the bounty?

Pick up sword on your second character and transfer it to a character where you have either finished the quest or got up to the part where you pick up planet mats. Upgrade the sword to 280+ and fill in the upgrade nodes and you'll get the quest starting from the planet mats part.

The one upside to less compelling content is you don't have to sweat missing stuff, or force yourself to do anything grindy because there's greatness at the end. Exotic sword quests were terrible but especially bad because the swords are so fun you want to unlock them. ToM is similar but replace fun with useful.

This. So much.

After that first weekend of hard mode, I realized how much one can get attached to a game, but I'm glad it's for the right reasons, like playing with awesome DGAFers and friends, not just grinding for terrible drops.

I was getting the NTTE 2 hours before my flight....now I just laugh about it whenever I think about that...

Afrocious

Question about the Oryx fight when doing the alt strat for it:

As the runner, how do you avoid getting shot the fuck out of the sky by ogres? Sometimes I can pull it off, but other times I can't. Same with other folks I've played with.

phen0m24

For what it's worth I agree with you. I saw a post yesterday saying HM Oryx was on farm but it was getting boring and pointless because the drops weren't worth it. It's been 5 days since HM Oryx has been out and most people haven't even tried it, let alone beat Oryx. Sherpa some blind groups and have fun again. Split up your reset groups and don't run KF three times in a row for 5 hours straight and then complain it's getting stale. I don't know sometimes the 1% in this thread bother me. It's a bit insulting to be complaining about how easy and stale the raid is when someone like me hasn't beat it because I can't get on at reset time and/or find a experienced group later in the week. If I played with the same 5 people every time I'd be farming it now too. [/rant]

I know there are exceptions to the rule and a lot of people sherpa and help out but the complaining is a little much. RNG is gonna RNG, plenty of people are getting fantastic drops too, play for fun.

Lt you're the Skolas master! Sucks if you can't get into raids. :( I would invite you! While my hours may be in 1% "territory" I'm not on farm and am not in the elite status whatsoever.
Unless Hank Hill imitations count somehow ;)

2 annoying Crucible gunsmith test weapons? Not gonna bother. Daily bounties? Pick 'em up when I have space, turn 'em in whenever they're done. Don't need Legendary Marks so not wasting time grinding out same ol' Dailies or Weeklies. Do a little PvP when friends are around, help with HM Oryx runs, stuff like that.

The voice of reason. Internet high five for the doctor. :)

Kyoufu

We're gonna need two people to finish off this HM run starting from Golgoroth later today.

Honestly I'm not even looking forward to it because I don't see a reason to do it in the first place.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Hey there DGAF, anything new going on today?
More sekrits?

Edit:
CSZqkV2WcAA16w2.jpg:large

My question again ;)

How I do the sword secondary character glitch to finish fast the bounty?

If you've done the quest for one, move the other element swords to that character and the quest for the planetary materials should be available from Shaxx. Remember to infuse them past 280 and fully upgrade them first.

Deku Tree

As the runner, how do you avoid getting shot the fuck out of the sky by ogres? Sometimes I can pull it off, but other times I can't. Same with other folks I've played with.

Run faster. Max out your Oryx Boots with increased agility.

And more importantly it is the two floaters job to team shoot the crap out of all four ogres with ToM as they come out in order. This staggers the ogres and makes them agro on the floaters more than they agro on the runner. Blessing of light bubble helps a lot for the floaters shooting with ToM.

This. So much.

After that first weekend of hard mode, I realized how much one can get attached to a game, but I'm glad it's for the right reasons, like playing with awesome DGAFers and friends, not just grinding for terrible drops.

I was getting the NTTE 2 hours before my flight....now I just laugh about it whenever I think about that...

Lol, it was the moment you needed to see the light, was crazy

lt519

Lt you're the Skolas master! Sucks if you can't get into raids. :( I would invite you! While my hours may be in 1% "territory" I'm not on farm and am not in the elite status whatsoever.
Unless Hank Hill imitations count somehow ;)

Haha thanks, I actually don't mind, I'm patient enough to beat it eventually. DGAF still has some great groups late in the week but you always spend too much time learning each other and then I have to go. I just can't dedicate 3 hours to an getting an under-leveled team to run like a well oiled machine. Just the nature of the KF beast right now. I was just using myself as an example of someone who dedicates a lot of time to the game and still hasn't gotten through it.

It just turns some people off from this community because we seem overly focused on the end game content and simultaneously down about it. From the outside looking in it is very elitist and not always appealing.

Hey there DGAF, anything new going on today?

That is hysterical.

We're gonna need two people to finish off this HM run starting from Golgoroth later today.

Honestly I'm not even looking forward to it because I don't see a reason to do it in the first place.

I wouldn't mind doing Golgoroth and the sisters only. Oryx wears me out.

Afrocious

Run faster. Max out your Oryx Boots with increased agility.

And more importantly it is the two floaters job to team shoot the crap out of all four ogres with ToM as they come out in order. This staggers the ogres and makes them agro on the floaters more than they agro on the runner. Blessing of light bubble helps a lot for the floaters shooting with ToM.

I figured getting staggers was important. When Nami and I would be floating, Figs had no trouble getting the relic. We were wrecking them with Touch of Malice + Blessing of Light.

The job of the floaters is to maintain Ogre aggro. It's way less important to get their health super low, there will be plenty of time for that once the Aura arrives. Make sure the floaters are moving quickly to each Ogre as it spawns so that they can pull the aggro, regardless of how much health the preceding Ogre has. Then keep an eye out for any Ogres that have lost aggro, especially ones near the front where the Vessel spawns once the relic runner has the Brand Claimer.

Essentially keeping Ogres off the runner is up to the floaters. Titan runners are best since they're fastest and can skate for some evasion but there's only so much you can do.

Another tip: jump onto the first platform ASAP once Oryx starts pulling back his hand. You can stay ahead of Ogre spawns and Oryx face blast if you get started fast.

Pick up sword on your second character and transfer it to a character where you have either finished the quest or got up to the part where you pick up planet mats. Upgrade the sword to 280+ and fill in the upgrade nodes and you'll get the quest starting from the planet mats part.

Yep, you can take it to the "10 planetary materials and ability kills" part.

LiK

I would help with that boss if you can wait until I'm home.

Yeah, after the group disbanded yesterday Kadey and I decided we couldn't sleep without having killed that bitch, so we got a new group together and the runner in that group was going fast as fuck. I think you can outrun the ogre spawns so they won't start shooting you as soon as they come up. And yeah, floaters need to be on point about stunning them and getting their attention.

I agree with everything you said.

I played HM yesterday and got no HM drop until Oryx on my Titan. Oryx finally gave me a primary besides the hand cannon and it was an HM pulse rifle.....at 310 and an HM chest at 311. So all that time for nothing at all. Yes it was somewhat of a good time playing with some of those players but it would have been a better time with those people and a game that didn't try to screw me or take advantage of my time.

Raid fights should always drop a piece of equipment. Maybe HM should always drop something 315-320. You will still be at the mercy of rng but it won't be quite as bad. I saw someone else suggest this last night. Zocano I think.

Look on the bright side: now almost everyone is getting raid drops as bad as your luck back in vanilla VoG! ;)

And yeah a lot of us have been saying NM raid tier should have been 305-310 and HM tier 315-320. Even Luke posted about how bad 300 raid gear is, especially considering you can get 300 blues from engrams.

That said, it was a fun kill last night! Glad we finished it off, I could the group was getting pretty sleepy lol.

For the morning crowd, 4 man HM Oryx is possible:

https://youtu.be/uPcTY85anug

Slayerage and Co did a full 4-man kill a few days ago. Only a matter of time (and some higher Light drops) before people will be doing 3 and eventually 2 man again, like NM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom