• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

zewone

good, I hate all Trials guns because they can only be attained by elitists

if you are a regular player, that gun is impossible to get

lol @ elitists

Not everyone who is good at PvP is an elitist and even so, lots of people were carried to victories in Trials so "regular" players could also have it.

How would we feel if the Raid Gear drops Light Level weren't RNG. Would we still be playing KF?
You mean like the old system where everything dropped at max light?

I still would be since I only have 3 harrowed drops across 3 characters and have only gotten 1 friggen helmet (Titan normal).

Fix this shit guerilla Bungie!

E92 M3

good, I hate all Trials guns because they can only be attained by elitists

if you are a regular player, that gun is impossible to get

Some items should be harder to get then others.

Because it just meant that FB, Black Hammer, and Gjallarhorn (although not needing etheric light, was the same idea) would be the most popular load outs.

I don't want to keep using the same weapons year 1 to year 10.

I want new toys to use and desire. But Fatebringer is almost impossible to top.

Well, you're dissecting the sandbox from Y1, I am discussing the benefits of etheric light and how it could apply for today's environment. Bungie already made all of the necessary - and unnecessary - to those guns.

ethomaz

Banned
I finally killed Oryx HM :D

Thanks mates for all the help and explanations.

Now I have a doubt.
I'm using a 310 Exotic Glove but I got a 315 Gloves from Oryx... the issue is that I don't have another 310 Exotic for Chest or Head (all sub 300).
So what is better to upgrade my 310 Exotic Glove or use the 315 Gloves and try to upgrade another Exotic to 310 or over that.

The 310 Exotic is not the best one :( Claws of Ahamkara.

GlamFM

Banned
Some people want to min/max, collect everything, and try out all sorts of different gear.

Other people just want to get to max level and get the best weapons, and then peace out.

I don't understand the second group. Playing is more fun than getting, but I definitely know a bunch of people like that.

EDIT: Fake top of page. You know who you are!!!

Yeah i know, but they should just have very rare / exclusive drops that keep you playing while not hindering your progress (like the garbage gun from Crota - forgot the name)

For all the talk how much the forever 29 meme hurt them it seems they didn´t fully get it to beginn with.

Now everybody is forever < 320.

No idea if Bungie considers this to be any better.

Trials is probably the worst experience I have ever had in Destiny, 3 week ends, 3 total fails, never again

and I like regular Crucible and I like IB

Was going to leave work at a good time today (2pm). Looks at work Calendar, 1 on 1 with boss at 4pm. Nooo!!!

Girlfriend wants me to cook dinner tonight, too. I have to basically take off work to play video games lately. Not happy.

Lnkn52

I assume you're talking about the Year 1 version? Cause I believe that's unchanged, but the new Messenger that will drop in year 2 trials is a lower impact class.

I mean, what's the alternative you're referencing? They track what you have and make sure not to give you too much goodness?

If all the gear we get from the Raid were 320. And once you got a full set, you can really just use dupes for guaranteed infusion.

Similar to y1, you knew once you got a helm, that helm was your highest light level. No real reason to get disappointed if it dropped from HM being at 310.

I just feel that even if we get what we've been looking for so long finally drops and happens to be the minimum light level for HM drops, people still tend to get frustrated.

noomi

How would we feel if the Raid Gear drops Light Level weren't RNG. Would we still be playing KF?

I would prefer it if a piece of loot was guaranteed to drop from hard mode but the light level was RNG. Right now the problem is that you can beat a boss and get absolutely nothing for it.

I don't mind running the raid multiple times to get higher level gear, but I don't want to run the raid 10x times and never get a helmet or primary weapon.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Some people want to min/max, collect everything, and try out all sorts of different gear.

Other people just want to get to max level and get the best weapons, and then peace out.

I don't understand the second group. Playing is more fun than getting, but I definitely know a bunch of people like that.

EDIT: Fake top of page. You know who you are!!!

Destiny isn't the type of game where you min/max, collect everything and try out different gear. There's not much difference between the different armors - one is as good as another, except light rating. Once you get a 320 piece of armor, there is *zero* reason to seek out other armors for that slot. No meaningful perk difference, no set bonuses, etc.

zewone

Sure did. New Messenger will be lower impact class PR. Only two Year 2 pulses in its top impact class are Lyudmila (4 burst increases TTK slightly) and Spare Change (only available as Crucible drop).

Sadly both these new PRs have jacked up horizontal recoil so Counter Balance is a must imo, whereas Messenger was beastly out of the box.

How low? Like Timepiece low impact? Because I'd be excited about that. Tired of farming Omnigul.

GlamFM

Banned
Destiny isn't the type of game where you min/max, collect everything and try out different gear. There's not much difference between the different armors - one is as good as another, except light rating. Once you get a 320 piece of armor, there is *zero* reason to seek out other armors for that slot. No meaningful perk difference, no set bonuses, etc.

Disagree.

Reload speed bonus for different types of guns alone is a good reason to have 4 sets of gloves for example.

sajj316

I finally killed Oryx HM :D

Thanks mates for all the help and explanations.

Now I have a doubt.
I'm using a 310 Exotic Glove but I got a 315 Gloves from Oryx... the issue is that I don't have another 310 Exotic for Chest or Head (all sub 300).
So what is better to upgrade my 310 Exotic Glove or use the 315 Gloves and try to upgrade another Exotic to 310 or over that.

The 310 Exotic is not the best one :( Claws of Ahamkara.

Nice. Sucks we couldn't kill him last night. Did you end up running with the same strategy (daughter's platform) as we did last night?

I would keep the 315 gloves and farm/buy engrams from Xur and hopefully get something that's 310 on the helm or chest piece.

zewone

Aesthetics. The raid gear is god awful.

How low? Like Timepiece low impact? Because I'd be excited about that. Tired of farming Omnigul.

Still farming a perfect roll? After I got braced frame and third eye I knew I was done. There's no reason that gun should be that hard to get. Reforging was an issue, but grinding for guns it hopes of a good roll isn't much better. Especially when that PR is the only type that drops in TTK.

lt519

Disagree.

Reload speed bonus for different types of guns alone is a good reason to have 4 sets of gloves for example.

Yeah the meta for PvP is strong. I'm collecting chest pieces that have increased Armor for all the subclasses and also have good ammo/reload perks. Super generating perks. Min/Maxing Intellect/Strength/Discipline is big too. My friends do it to the extreme, I don't bother so much, but I'm not nearly as good a PvP player.

Disagree.

Totally agree with you! First i look at the perks, then i look at the looks of the gloves. I also change shaders around to see how they look.

Yeah, in year 2 vertical progression (raising light to cap) is virtually impossible as it stands right now, making horizontal progression (getting the gear with perks you want) take a backseat which is a damn shame because they balanced the loot so that no one weapon is really dominating like fatebringer or vision of confluence did. Gear is more situational now which is great, except getting the gear I like to a high level is a chore. Yeah, I don't really need anything to be above 310 at this point, but then just make the cap 310 instead of teasing us with this molasses-like trickle of 310+ gear.

Additional Ammo and increased reload speeds are meaningful perks. There are also PvE vs. PvP perks and just plain wanting to have a varied amount of armor for aesthetic purposes.

You can not simply say, "Destiny is not the type of game where you min/max, collect everything and try out different gear" when plenty of people do just that. The gear has stats, so you can min/max that. Plenty of people collect every weapon under the sun. The same can be done with armor (I have a huge collection of Hunter capes in my vault because I like the various looks).

zewone

Same as nirwens/villainy

Booooooooo.

My least favorite damage model.

Still farming a perfect roll? After I got braced frame and third eye I knew I was done. There's no reason that gun should be that hard to get. Reforging was an issue, but grinding for guns it hopes of a good roll isn't much better. Especially when that PR is the only type that drops in TTK.

I've had 6 Grasps drop and none have topped my first (third eye and fitted stock) :(

I just want to wait for Omnigul to be a NF, but my buddy insists on looking for one, so I help out from time to time.

I received my copy of TTK today - got it for £30 and looking forward to giving it a whirl tonight. Got loads in my backlog right now but it might all have to go on hold for now while I put a few weeks into Destiny again.

noomi

Question...

What method is everyone using to down Golgoroth in Hard Mode. Single Gaze, Dual Gaze?

If you are doing single gaze, would you care to explain your method please :)

I assume you're talking about the Year 1 version? Cause I believe that's unchanged, but the new Messenger that will drop in year 2 trials is a lower impact class.

Yeah, the year 1 version. I think the year 2 Trials weapons all have new names.

Code:
The Water Star (Adept)	      Hand Cannon
Doctrine of Passing (Adept)   Auto Rifle
Reflection Sum (Adept)        Pulse Rifle
The Inward Lamp (Adept)	      Scout Rifle
Glass Promontory	      Sniper Rifle
Elevating Vision	      Fusion Rifle
Binary Dawn	              Shotgun
The Tamarind	              Rocket Launcher
The Unseeing Eye	      Machine Gun

BahamutPT

I would prefer it if a piece of loot was guaranteed to drop from hard mode but the light level was RNG. Right now the problem is that you can beat a boss and get absolutely nothing for it.

I don't mind running the raid multiple times to get higher level gear, but I don't want to run the raid 10x times and never get a helmet or primary weapon.

I'd prefer guaranteed RNG'd drops to everything being 320 too. At least in the current state of the game.
I don't think I'd still run HM KF after getting all my relevant gear to 320 (which would be kinda trivial with everything dropping 320).

ethomaz

Banned
Nice. Sucks we couldn't kill him last night. Did you end up running with the same strategy (daughter's platform) as we did last night?

I would keep the 315 gloves and farm/buy engrams from Xur and hopefully get something that's 310 on the helm or chest piece.
Yes... it is the best strategy... just need not to be killed (most us where Sunsinger so we can be killed and self revive but we beat it without anybody dies).
It was a pretty good run.
You need to do the same things 4 times and Oryx will be dead.
BTW I have the same role today than yesterday... hold a plataform and detonate my Oger's bomb.

I use the 315 Gloves even the stats lacking something I want.

Booooooooo.

My least favorite damage model.

I've had 6 Grasps drop and none have topped my first (third eye and fitted stock) :(

I just want to wait for Omnigul to be a NF, but my buddy insists on looking for one, so I help out from time to time.

Wow, six?! How long have you been doing it now? I've only had two drop and about a dozen bonds lol

I went 3.17 in Rumble this morning with it and the Chaperone. I want more PRs like this. It's the archetype that feels right for me.

Don't really agree with this. Destiny is a loot game. I like to get the gear that looks nice together and gives me an awesome set of perks for my current setup. We had this in HoW but we didn't have good PvE content to use it on. Now we have the raid (still not the best PvE content in the world but it's something) but we can't get the perks we want because of the current progression system.

Question...

What method is everyone using to down Golgoroth in Hard Mode. Single Gaze, Dual Gaze?

If you are doing single gaze, would you care to explain your method please :)

Single gaze. The gazer is on the front left orb. One person in the back right grabs the gaze first to guarantee that he'll expose his back to the gazer in the front left and so that the dps crew can take down the orb safely. As soon as the orb goes down the gazer grabs the gaze and everyone gets into the pool, including the guy in the back right. We got him in 3 cycles doing this yesterday I think.

Trakan

If the gear doesn't have intellect, it's not worth keeping. Some perks are incredible and are must haves, like Inverse Shadow and Better Already.

GlamFM

Banned
Don't really agree with this. Destiny is a loot game. I like to get the gear that looks nice together and gives me an awesome set of perks for my current setup. We had this in HoW but we didn't have good PvE content to use it on. Now we have the raid (still not the best PvE content in the world but it's something) but we can't get the perks we want because of the current progression system.

Yes. Luke talked a lot about vertical progression, but I´m so far to be able to care for it. Right now you take what you can get.

Yes. Luke talked a lot about vertical progression, but I´m so far to be able to care for it. Right now you take what you can get.

This definitely seems like poor planning, and I'm sure they're aware of it at this point.

Bungie keeps talking about having these different kits you can build. Except, my kit keeps being decided for me. If Bungie would lighten up on their drops, then I could actually use the raid drops to infuse into the gear I want to wear, rather than the gear I have to wear.

Klyka

Banned
I like having different gauntlets dependin on the weapon I use for reload Speed perk. Like, using assault rifle reload + zhalo makes it reload hella fast when it normally has quite the slow reload.

I also have a burn defense armor for each burn so I can do the nightfalls easier.
And I got a Piece of each raid gear to get Special perks during the raid.

I don't even Need to have them all over 300 or so cause that only matters for the raid. As Long as I got like 290+ light, I can do all other Content in the game easily.

Kyoufu

No because there's nothing else to chase, so if they changed it to where you got guaranteed 310/320 drops they'd have to replace that Light level chase with something else, like you know, strong loot like in Year 1 of Destiny.

So yes, if they changed it back to Year 1's endgame I'd keep playing.

Sadly, it's too late for that now. They'd have to make strong loot worth using and add it to the current loot tables and we both know that won't happen. Maybe next time.

noomi

Single gaze. The gazer is on the front left orb. One person in the back right grabs the gaze first to guarantee that he'll expose his back to the gazer in the front left and so that the dps crew can take down the orb safely. As soon as the orb goes down the gazer grabs the gaze and everyone gets into the pool, including the guy in the back right. We got him in 3 cycles doing this yesterday I think.

Gotcha, thanks for the reply :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom