• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of the new main perks are pretty awful. Like Surrounded on a primary. When the flying fuck are you gonna be surrounded by 3 enemies and continue to use your primary weapon? When fighting thralls? Then there's Danger Close which is a worse version which needs only 2 enemies. Exhumed as you mentioned, 99.999999999% useless along with Last Resort.

How the hell do those match up with actual useful stuff like Outlaw, Persistence, Counterbalance, Grenadier, Reactive Reload and Firefly? They introduce that garbage after we can't re-roll anymore too lol

Exactly this. You're 110% right.

Re-rolling was an issue, but hoping for good perks with RNG isn't any better. At least with re-rolling I could get a gun, get a god roll, and at that point it's just skill vs another player.

Namikaze1

This is just for HM Oryx (PS4)

1. Namikaze1
2. LTWood
3. Silver.tongue
4. Midshipman

Please be familiar with the safe strat. We're starting in 35-40 minutes. Just setting up the group ahead of time.

I have a chest piece right now that increases my armor if I'm a solar subclass.

That's crazy to me. I want one of these for each class. This is a crazy good perk.

I totally spec out for this perc. Alchemists rainment with solar is so awesome for hm raid. Never an orb will go to waste.

LTWood12

This is just for HM Oryx (PS4)

1. Namikaze1
2. LTWood
3. Silver.tongue
4. Midshipman

Please be familiar with the safe strat. We're starting in 35-40 minutes. Just setting up the group ahead of time.

Do we have someone comfortable w/ being the dedicated runner?

Being a 307 vs a 308 is a huge difference for hard Oryx. A group of 5x 307s to 309 and 1x 310+ had troublr DPS ing Hard Oryx. I infused raid gear from another char to increase my light by 1 and it helped a lot. Multiple Hours of testing.

We went from borderline barely getting him to not getting him a couple of times to always getting him, though not SUPER quickly. And all of us had ToM.

Afrocious

destiny makes me miss need/greed systems and raid leaders distributing loot

though the latter wouldn't work in destiny unless an actual clan system was made

actually the loot system in destiny is too FUBAR for most positive suggestions to even be considered to be implemented.

Kyne

The Boo emote is 300 silver

reminds me of this:
tumblr_inline_mkyoh4yiob1qz4rgp.gif

lt519

Being a 307 vs a 308 is a huge difference for hard Oryx. A group of 5x 307s to 309 and 1x 310+ had troublr DPS ing Hard Oryx. I infused raid gear from another char to increase my light by 1 and it helped a lot. Multiple Hours of testing.

We went from borderline barely getting him to not getting him a couple of times to always getting him, though not SUPER quickly. And all of us had ToM.

The difference from 310 to 311 is pretty shocking too as far as dealing damage goes. Ran with my 310 hunter and felt like I was tickling cursed thrall and then went to my 311 titan and I was mowing them down. I think they go from orange numbers to regular numbers at that jump.

btw xplicit my TTK pumpkin I did after our NTTE quest turned out alright (;

E92 M3

There's so much crap in the game and we want to play with it all but we're so tethered to using a small portion for end game activities because we're tied to light.

I can't use any other exotic gear except for exotic helms because I can't get a single raid helm to drop ever, or anything above a 295 helm for my alts.

I want to try exotic gloves, chest, and boots but I simply can't otherwise my light will drop somewhat significantly.

Exactly, that's why etheric light was awesome.

-

Secondly, there is a whole team at Bungie that does loot/rewards. They aren't doing their job right and unfortunately no one at Bungie noticed or said it should be changed. Remember when the Crota chest was giving exotics and Deathsinger gave NOTHING? They had to have another team fix that and secondly they should have remembered that no one likes to receive nothing from a boss fight.

Future

I think the whole light system is at cross-purposes with their goal of making Optimization a thing in Taken King.

I get a little frustrated with everyone describing their loot solely in terms of light, but I totally get why. You can't care about perks when you need to be 311+ for Oryx and you just got a Godroll 302 pair of gloves.

For people to be able to comfortably optimize, loot drops have to be frequent enough to a) see lots of variation in perks/stats and b) have lots of high light so they can infuse what they want, rather than being forced to use the max light gear they have.

But if you turn the drop rate up that high, then everyone who doesn't want to optimize (i'd guess most players) will get their drops so fast that they'll stop playing. And if all loot was 310 in Normal Mode and 320 in Hard Mode, then how many would keep raiding once they got a complete set and thus were at max level? How many people kept their Full STR PoE Gear vs actively checking the stat/perk distributions week to week?

I think Bungie severely underestimated the amount of focus people would put on light. You only need to be 310+ for HM Oryx. PvP Power Enabled differences are neglible. I think they hoped people would bin themselves and say I'm 300-ish, I'm good. I'm 310-ish, I'm good. Instead people are agonizing over 308 vs 309 like it's #Forever29. To be fair, they did anticipate it a bit and thus made the # floating above people's names be level instead of light. But player psychology often chooses painful things, like grinding out Crucible sword hilt kills all in a row.

It should also be said, for everyone chasing 320, this is only a problem until it isn't. Just like people complaining about legendary marks week 1. That may be why Bungie is sitting back for now.

It's a really hard balancing problem. Make it good for me and you spoil the game for non-1%. Make it enough of a grind for the 99% and it's agonizing for 1%. I think at the moment, they've made it too much of grind for everyone. But that's okay if they're nimble and communicative. I'd rather than be conservative about powerful parts of the economy.
WTF Weapon Parts.
It's a good sign that Bungie is taking a big look at rewards for Challenge mode. And they absolutely need to look at Normal / Hard too, but I wouldn't be surprised if the drop rates don't change significantly.

Since they tied attack damage to light level it's hard to use a low light gun now and be cool. If you get a 280 ace of spades, you know it's doing less damage than you 304 imago loop. Since the raid and many bosses are designed around high dps during a short window, doing anything to minimize dps seems stupid

Since infusing that 304 into the 280 weapon will only bring it up to the 290s, you also feel like you can't do that either since you are effectively losing progress. So you don't infuse into it, you don't use it, and it just sits for any high level content. You wait for rng to bless you with another primary, and then hope rng also blessed it with higher light (and also hope you have weapon parts, which you probably don't)

No two ways about it. It's just a bad system of giving player build options was any type of goal

The difference from 310 to 311 is pretty shocking too as far as dealing damage goes. Ran with my 310 hunter and felt like I was tickling cursed thrall and then went to my 311 titan and I was mowing them down. I think they go from orange numbers to regular numbers at that jump.

Yea it really is insane. With 2-3 people 311+, dps doesn't even become a problem anymore. Even with everyone else below 310.

Afrocious

Nah, it'll be 310-320.

Then Challenge mode will introduce 330 or something stupid.

i dont even find it acceptable for there to be a range in atk/def in which gear drops, much less even imagine it being the same in trials as it is in HM KF.

Wouldn't that be a good thing?

it would be another example of bungie gating the best gear in the game behind pvp stuff. everyone and their mom would want guaranteed 320 gear and not deal with RNG^2

pvp as a gate for pve stuff is laughably horrible.

trials gear will be 320. im calling it

the amount of tears will drown dgaf

If that's the case, people will drop out faster than Week 1 of HM Crota. ToO is supposed to be the PvP equivalent of the HM raid no? I'm guessing Vendor will sell at 300 and it will drop relatively close to your light level.

GlamFM

Banned
I think the whole light system is at cross-purposes with their goal of making Optimization a thing in Taken King.

I get a little frustrated with everyone describing their loot solely in terms of light, but I totally get why. You can't care about perks when you need to be 311+ for Oryx and you just got a Godroll 302 pair of gloves.

For people to be able to comfortably optimize, loot drops have to be frequent enough to a) see lots of variation in perks/stats and b) have lots of high light so they can infuse what they want, rather than being forced to use the max light gear they have.

But if you turn the drop rate up that high, then everyone who doesn't want to optimize (i'd guess most players) will get their drops so fast that they'll stop playing. And if all loot was 310 in Normal Mode and 320 in Hard Mode, then how many would keep raiding once they got a complete set and thus were at max level? How many people kept their Full STR PoE Gear vs actively checking the stat/perk distributions week to week?

I think Bungie severely underestimated the amount of focus people would put on light. You only need to be 310+ for HM Oryx. PvP Power Enabled differences are neglible. I think they hoped people would bin themselves and say I'm 300-ish, I'm good. I'm 310-ish, I'm good. Instead people are agonizing over 308 vs 309 like it's #Forever29. To be fair, they did anticipate it a bit and thus made the # floating above people's names be level instead of light. But player psychology often chooses painful things, like grinding out Crucible sword hilt kills all in a row.

It should also be said, for everyone chasing 320, this is only a problem until it isn't. Just like people complaining about legendary marks week 1. That may be why Bungie is sitting back for now.

It's a really hard balancing problem. Make it good for me and you spoil the game for non-1%. Make it enough of a grind for the 99% and it's agonizing for 1%. I think at the moment, they've made it too much of grind for everyone. But that's okay if they're nimble and communicative. I'd rather them be conservative about powerful parts of the economy.
WTF Weapon Parts.
It's a good sign that Bungie is taking a big look at rewards for Challenge mode. And they absolutely need to look at Normal / Hard too, but I wouldn't be surprised if the drop rates don't change significantly.

Exactly. This is why I don´t get why Luke talked about vertical progression so much.

As of now it is simply impossible to focus on that stuff.

Exactly, that's why etheric light was awesome.

-

Secondly, there is a whole team at Bungie that does loot/rewards. They aren't doing their job right and unfortunately no one at Bungie noticed or said it should be changed. Remember when the Crota chest was giving exotics and Deathsinger gave NOTHING? They had to have another team fix that and secondly they should have remembered that no one likes to receive nothing from a boss fight.

Yet they still haven't implemented any conversion for our etheric lights which boggles me. Those were hard earned and cost a crap ton during IB. Maybe they still can't decide how they want to do their levelling and that's why they're keeping it around.

Regardless, HoW definitely did it right with having 4 different activities to earn max light gear to enjoy those 4 activities more.

Nightfall
PoE (raid)
Trials
IB

All of those should be able to give max light gear so we can earn more to keep / infuse and use more stuff and enjoy the game more.

vctor182

I still think its silly that Rare gear looks so much better than legendary or raid gear, I still have a 290+ light Wolf pelt set that I use when patrolling. I don't understand their decision of why Rare gear sets look so different and legendary so similar it should be the opposite since players will be using legendary gear most of the time.

EL CUCO

The Lyudmila-D rolls at the Gunsmith are dissapointing...and I'm still carrying around a Tuonela SR4 and Suros Rocket.

Hopefully they're worth grabbing because holding these packages for multiple weeks are getting annoying lol

sajj316

The Lyudmila-D rolls at the Gunsmith are dissapointing...and I'm still carrying around a Tuonela SR4 and Suros Rocket.

Hopefully they're worth grabbing because holding these packages for multiple weeks are getting annoying lol

Can you store them in the vault? Never tried it .

Doing heroics. Warlock gets fallen saber.

Change to titan. Fallen saber.

Change to hunter. Fallen saber.

What the fuck is heroic back to a fixed strike? Lol

Kyoufu

I've....never thought about it.

I guess not.

Woah.

Seriously though, is there a point to being gunsmith rank 6?

Nope. When I realised there was no point, I became a lot happier.

There's nothing more depressing than content that feels like a chore. Gunsmith weapon testing = 1000% chore-some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom