• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only hope is they're specced for low armour and be sniped out of it

That's actually a good point. I think somebody posted here a gif or vid of them breaking out the hammers and immediately getting sniped while in that beginning animation. As someone who blows at sniping and never uses one I guess I should just plan my escape routes on every map and hope for the best.

I hadn't played any of the old maps in crucible where you can still use your sparrow. When I saw a titan pop hammers, and I got to nope the fuck out of there on my sparrow, and heard him trying to hit me with his sad little hammers. sogood.gif

So far, so good. Any good stability perks worth mentioning?

#1: Replenish, Quickdraw/Hand-Laid Stock, Firefly/Underdog.

#2: Life Support, Snapshot/Casket Mag, Firefly/Underdog.

#3: Rescue Mag, Lightweight/Hand-Laid Stock, Firefly/Danger Close.

No Army of One, my bad. Tapped on the wrong one on mobile...

Anyone want to farm Omnigul for Grasp of Malok? Finally have some downtime after nonstop Oryx, and I'm trying to prepare for Trials on Friday.

Not sure when I'll be available today but I'd be down for some later if you're still looking. I'd at least like to try my luck with a drop or two.

The one upside to less compelling content is you don't have to sweat missing stuff, or force yourself to do anything grindy because there's greatness at the end. Exotic sword quests were terrible but especially bad because the swords are so fun you want to unlock them. ToM is similar but replace fun with useful.

2 annoying Crucible gunsmith test weapons? Not gonna bother. Daily bounties? Pick 'em up when I have space, turn 'em in whenever they're done. Don't need Legendary Marks so not wasting time grinding out same ol' Dailies or Weeklies. Do a little PvP when friends are around, help with HM Oryx runs, stuff like that.

Always fun with friends, never fun as a job.

Late reply, but this is a great point. In a way, the games less than ideal state has made it actually better in some ways. It can be frustrating to not always have something productive to do or have progression feel limited, but it helps to keep my sanity and I dont need to feel anxiety when missing content or pressure to grind something out.

Frankly, I'm happy that I can take breaks from Destiny to play other games now. Last year I only completed 4 other games outside Destiny, the fewest I had played in years and it kinda bothered me in retrospect how much time Destiny consumed. Bring on Fallout 4.

Bogeypop

Not sure when I'll be available today but I'd be down for some later if you're still looking. I'd at least like to try my luck with a drop or two.

Just let me know when you're available, lol. I'll be up for it at anytime. Unless it's during this Oryx kill I'm about to try in the next hour or so.

Kyoufu

Does the Psion Flayer cloak drop from the regular Strike? Is it specific to Heroic mode? Can it be farmed? Send help.

I'm bored out of my mind and want to farm it (or something else).

EL CUCO

#1: Replenish, Quickdraw/Hand-Laid Stock, Firefly/Underdog.

#2: Life Support, Snapshot/Casket Mag, Firefly/Underdog.

#3: Rescue Mag, Lightweight/Hand-Laid Stock, Firefly/Danger Close.

No Army of One, my bad. Tapped on the wrong one on mobile...
You're the man! Thanks

Does the Psion Flayer cloak drop from the regular Strike? Is it specific to Heroic mode? Can it be farmed? Send help.

I'm bored out of my mind and want to farm it (or something else).
You can pick the normal strike from the director and farm it.
It can be extremely rare though. The ideal time to do it is when it's a nightfall like it was last week.

noomi

Off Topic.... This browser game is feeding my addiction while at work: http://agar.io

If you like scouts in pvp then you're going to love it. I'd compare it to a slightly gimped Hung Jury before your super charges, but after it charges...hhhnnnngggh

This is me every time I see that yellow bar pop up

giphy.gif

It's especially hilarious when you're in a firefight with someone and healing behind cover, then your super charges and you come back out firing that thing. It's a really fun weapon to use.

It's a stud in pve too if you're a fireborn Sunsinger or just don't use your super often.

Hah, that's awesome to hear, can't wait to try it out tonight. It's just a shame that's it a warlock only weapon :p

Hm, I can't get on typically until the little ones go down. So probably like 8-830. Of course, feel free to start without me if you're on earlier. I can always jump in whenever you have a free spot.

How can I NOT wait for the PuMa!? I need those Rene PuMa snipes while I run around as a Warlock away from hammers.

8-8:30pm EST on Friday should be fine

Bogeypop

Need 2 for Oryx HM kill. At least one Defender Titan with Blessing of Light and experience with alternate Oryx strategy is preferred.

Zocano

A lot of the frustrations and criticisms with the raids are exacerbated by the fact that we only get one new one every 6 months or so.

It would be weird but great if they shifted their dynamic to literally only making raids and instances. Y'know, like an mmo.

Speaking of Trials...PUMA WHERE YOU AT?! WE BACK?! WE BACK FOR FRIDAY NIGHT?

I been here for days!

Aquatic & Puma (and any other Trials fans), I'm a Titan at heart, but I'm struggling with what subclass to pick. Year One, I found some real merit as a Striker. The incredible speed, Lightning Grenades and a Super that was a perfect counter to every other Super.

The lack of Year 2 Armamentarium really hurts and a close-range super isn't a confident & viable counter to Sunbreakers. I'm really a Defender at heart, and while No Backup Plans / Shotgun is fantastic, I don't think it's viable in Trials unless you're a really good skate shotgunner, which I ain't.

Sunbreakers are obviously incredibly strong, but they just aren't clicking for me in quite the same way. (I didn't use Thorn/TLW for the same reason and instead found something that did, Hopscotch Pilgrim.)

Should I give in and go Sunbreaker?

PuMa

Aquatic & Puma (and any other Trials fans), I'm at Titan at heart, but I'm struggling with what subclass to pick. Year One, I found some real merit as a Striker. The incredible speed, Lightning Grenades and a Super that was a perfect counter to every other Super.

The lack of Year 2 Armamentarium really hurts and a close-range super isn't a confident & viable counter to Sunbreakers. I'm really a Defender at heart, and while No Backup Plans / Shotgun is fantastic, I don't think it's viable in Trials unless you're a really good skate shotgunner, which I ain't.

Sunbreakers are obviously incredibly strong, but they just aren't clicking for me in quite the same way. (I didn't use Thorn/TLW for the same reason and instead found something that did, Hopscotch Pilgrim.)

Yeah, SB is the obvious choice. You can find a use for any of the Titan supers, but the other two are very situational. Fist of Havoc is a great counter for other supers, even SB, but it's close range. A bubble with Blessing can be huge if your team knows how to use it (plus easy orbs each time).

A lot of the frustrations and criticisms with the raids are exacerbated by the fact that we only get one new one every 6 months or so.

It would be weird but great if they shifted their dynamic to literally only making raids and instances. Y'know, like an mmo.

That won't happen though because people who raid in Destiny are still in the statistical minority by quite a bit. Looking at psn on 23% of players have completed a raid and only 7% have completed Kings Fall.

Bogeypop

Reposting for new page

Need 1 for Oryx HM kill. Defender Titan with Blessing of Light and experience with alternate Oryx strategy is preferable.

Aquatic & Puma (and any other Trials fans), I'm at Titan at heart, but I'm struggling with what subclass to pick. Year One, I found some real merit as a Striker. The incredible speed, Lightning Grenades and a Super that was a perfect counter to every other Super.

Hm. That's a tough question. The loose answer is, "Whatever class works best with your playstyle."

Sunbreakers have a weak neutral game. You aren't really doing much with your class when you don't have your super. However, as a Sunbreaker, you can almost guarantee your team at least one win in 3v3 elimination.

Defender's in ToO are no joke. I played a lot of Trails in HoW. One of the scariest things was coming up against a good defender. You can protect heavy, revives, shut down supers and...in the case of one horrible match I had on pantheon...drop your bubble with blessing and then come at me,three guardians strong, all with over shield. I didn't make it to Mercury that time.

Shiv47

Is anyone available to help me with Fears Embrace? I'd just as soon get some help than beat my head against a wall trying to solo it for too long.

Zocano

That won't happen though because people who raid in Destiny are still in the statistical minority by quite a bit. Looking at psn on 23% of players have completed a raid and only 7% have completed Kings Fall.

When the raids are behind shit tons of grind and prep, of course you'll see that.

If you make the entirety of the climb through instances and raids, that changes the landscape entirely. Look at FF14. It did it absurdly well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom