• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've....never thought about it.

I guess not.

Woah.

Seriously though, is there a point to being gunsmith rank 6?

After I got my Hunter to rank 3 and then found out ace of spades was only for a hunter, I stopped.

I tried to use it on my Titan for iron banner since it's the only hand cannon I liked and couldn't. It's an interesting feature but again, tied a situational use.

vctor182

The Lyudmila-D rolls at the Gunsmith are dissapointing...and I'm still carrying around a Tuonela SR4 and Suros Rocket.

Hopefully they're worth grabbing because holding these packages for multiple weeks are getting annoying lol

Orders should be questified

Afrocious

i know people often talk about how in the world certain parts and things in Destiny get past the testing.

as a software dev, i've always been under the impression everything in destiny is put there for a reason. things get past testing because it works as intended or else we'd have deej telling us more often about bugs screwing up loot and boss fights.

we're supposed to get 310 HM gear. we're supposed to not get loot from warpriest sometimes. we're supposed to get 2 moldering shards when holding 20 when beating oryx on normal. we're supposed to find the raid helmet as being elusive.

i genuinely don't think many mistakes are in the game. i think mostly everything is intentional, which is why i get bitter sometimes.

Kyoufu

i know people often talk about how in the world certain parts and things in Destiny get past the testing.

as a software dev, i've always been under the impression everything in destiny is put there for a reason. things get past testing because it works as intended or else we'd have deej telling us more often about bugs screwing up loot and boss fights left.

we're supposed to get 310 HM gear. we're supposed to not get loot from warpriest sometimes. we're supposed to get 2 moldering shards when holding 20 when beating oryx on normal. we're supposed to find the raid helmet as being elusive.

i genuinely don't think many mistakes are in the game. i think mostly everything is intentional, which is why i get bitter sometimes.

I find it frustrating (and I too get bitter) when things like no drops are due to intentional design.

It's just frustrating for me personally when I know Destiny can be so much better than it currently is but some boneheaded decisions hold it back.

lt519

I love Crucible, IB, and ToO. I hate "Need __ more for Raid. Must be ___ Light Level and experienced for smooth runs."

The raid thing is a super tough one. In VoG or CE you could drag 2 people kicking and screaming through the raid. Not so much with KF. There needs to be a good balance of both experienced runs occurring and then runs with newbies. The problem is that if you take two or more newbies along, an hour and a half can easily turn into 4 hours and not everyone has 4 hours to dedicate every night. So asking for experienced runners, while elitist, should be OK here. But if you are going to do that balance it out by bringing some newbies along when you have the time for it. The LL requirement is kinda rough, I don't do that, but asking for an experienced group is sometimes the only way people can actually play at the time.

EL CUCO

Orders should be questified
Yes! I love the whole Gunsmith system. I actually look forward to Wednesdays more than I do to Xurday...but Bungie, pls ;_;

I keep blue fodder around just in case one of these weapons turn out to be a diamond, like my baby girl Eirene RR4, but aint nobody got space for all this.

ToO:

"Need ___ Light Level and ___ K/D"

:p

Never saw that actually. What I DID see was multiple top PvP Gaffers freely offering to carry to the Lighthouse, average PvP Gaffers offering to help people get as far as possible, and Gaffers with not a ton of PvP confidence forming groups just try for no-pressure runs.

The raid thing is a super tough one. In VoG or CE you could drag 2 people kicking and screaming through the raid. Not so much with KF. There needs to be a good balance of both experienced runs occurring and then runs with newbies. The problem is that if you take two or more newbies along, an hour and a half can easily turn into 4 hours and not everyone has 4 hours to dedicate every night. So asking for experienced runners, while elitist, should be OK here. But if you are going to do that balance it out by bringing some newbies along when you have the time for it. The LL requirement is kinda rough, I don't do that, but asking for an experienced group is sometimes the only way people can actually play at the time.

Oh it doesn't actually need to be explained. People are free to play, recruit, group however they like. My feelings about any of that shouldn't effect how they choose to spend their time. I was just stating what I like and don't like.

Yes! I love the whole Gunsmith system. I actually look forward to Wednesdays more than I do to Xurday...but Bungie, pls ;_;

I keep blue fodder around just in case one of these weapons turn out to be a diamond, like my baby girl Eirene RR4, but aint nobody got space for all this.

Yup.

I need a fodder portion of my vault dammit! Or...maybe...

stop giving me stuff at 280/290 when I am 310+

Kyoufu

Never saw that actually. What I DID see was multiple top PvP Gaffers freely offering to carry to the Lighthouse, average PvP Gaffers offering to help people get as far as possible, and Gaffers with not a ton of PvP confidence forming groups just try for no-pressure runs.

Oh I thought we were talking about LFG. My bad.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I HAVE TO TEST OUT WEAPONS FOR THE GUNSMITH IN THE CRUCIBLE GOD WHY GOD

I HAD to do mine or wait another week for the Stillpiercer. I needed 450 xp and the 2 I had totaled 500 xp but were Crucible. Hand cannon wasn't so bad got that in 10 minutes but the rocket launcher was a little annoying.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey

I get to slaughter people.

36qrqYh.png

Namikaze1

So Kor may be MIA. We may need a 6th for HM Oryx. I'm gonna give him a few more minutes.

If you're interested in being his replacement, reply to this post. All I'm asking is for you to be familiar with the safe strat.

Edit: Kor is online. Nevermind.

I love Crucible, IB, and ToO. I hate "Need __ more for Raid. Must be ___ Light Level and experienced for smooth runs."

I always talk about trying to make this community as inclusive as possible and encourage people at have an anti-LFG mindset. But at the same time everybody gets to decide what to do with their time. If people have put in the effort to gear up and learn the fights it's fair if they want a group of similar players, especially early on in the end game's life cycle.

When a new raid drops or new HM drops it doesn't bother me to see some of those posts. Sometimes people honestly don't know if they're ready for an activity. I've had ~295 Guardians join my fire team at HM Oryx... Of course it's great when some newbies get included as well, as posted above.

noomi

Tlaloc get, now my year 2 exotic weapon kiosk is all done, woohoo!

I heard this thing is great, already leveled it but not sure which perks I should be using. Anyone care to comment? Max stability, extra impact?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So I got the shotgun for the Titan and the sniper for the Hunter. What does the Warlock get from rank 2 gunsmith?

Afrocious

I heard this thing is great, already leveled it but not sure which perks I should be using. Anyone care to comment? Max stability, extra impact?

Max stability makes it close to a laser once you have your super up.

---

all of you kneel before me, for i am the god of the top post

Bogeypop

Anyone want to farm Omnigul for Grasp of Malok? Finally have some downtime after nonstop Oryx, and I'm trying to prepare for Trials on Friday.

I like PvP but I won't touch ToO until the Sunbreaker is tweaked. As it stands now in Elimination a team of all Sunbreakers is a nightmare. If you aren't ahead by the time the 3rd round rolls around and everyone starts getting their super you're screwed.

I had a Titan literally chase me throughout the whole Cauldron map. We made a whole lap around the map and he still had his super before he finally caught me with a long range hammer.

There's just not really a downside to that super. Is there a weakness I don't know about? Because with long range capabilites, shield recharges, and being (I think?) the longest lasting super out of the bunch there's really no glaring way to expose it.

The Lyudmila-D rolls at the Gunsmith are dissapointing...and I'm still carrying around a Tuonela SR4 and Suros Rocket.

Hopefully they're worth grabbing because holding these packages for multiple weeks are getting annoying lol

All options of Tuonela SR4 have Firefly, the other perk is either Army of One or Life Support, if you were wondering ;)

I don't have the checkpoint but j definitely want to join the group. I need the kill. Keanburke.

Sorry I didn't back to you last night! Someone in the Fireteam invited 3 other people to help out. We didn't get that far, though. We stopped at the checkpoint following the Gorgons. For two of us, it was the first time we had done this raid.

I did, however, manage to get a good bit of the raid armor, which is useless now.

If you like scouts in pvp then you're going to love it. I'd compare it to a slightly gimped Hung Jury before your super charges, but after it charges...hhhnnnngggh

This is me every time I see that yellow bar pop up

giphy.gif

It's especially hilarious when you're in a firefight with someone and healing behind cover, then your super charges and you come back out firing that thing. It's a really fun weapon to use.

It's a stud in pve too if you're a fireborn Sunsinger or just don't use your super often.

I like PvP but I won't touch ToO until the Sunbreaker is tweaked. As it stands now in Elimination a team of all Sunbreakers is a nightmare. If you aren't ahead by the time the 3rd round rolls around and everyone starts getting their super you're screwed.

I had a Titan literally chase me throughout the whole Cauldron map. We made a whole lap around the map and he still had his super before he finally caught me with a long range hammer.

There's just not really a downside to that super. Is there a weakness I don't know about? Because with long range capabilites, shield recharges, and being (I think?) the longest lasting super out of the bunch there's really no glaring way to expose it.

The only hope is they're specced for low armour and be sniped out of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom