• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the raids are behind shit tons of grind and prep, of course you'll see that.

If you make the entirety of the climb through instances and raids, that changes the landscape entirely. Look at FF14. It did it absurdly well.

Ehh idk, getting raid ready is pretty easy. This would dramatically change the landscape of the way the game plays. I really don't think this game will ever become the mmo you want it to be. Bungie isn't going to risk losing the majority of more casual players just to please the really hardcore.

E92 M3

Ehh idk, getting raid ready is pretty easy. This would dramatically change the landscape of the way the game plays. I really don't think this game will ever become the mmo you want it to be. Bungie isn't going to risk losing the majority of more casual players just to please the really hardcore.

Yep, Destiny already takes up too much time. There needs to be a balance of having end-game content that is compatible with real life.

This is an honest question:

How many of you still do CoO daily? Place is always empty whenever I go by to check it.

I never even patrol the Dreadnaught anymore let alone go to CoO outside of the Raid.

Edit: At some point the time gate on the other three statues will be lifted I imagine and we'll have a reason to got there again.

EL CUCO

So now that most of us are leveled up for hard mode Raid, is CoO dead? Seems like the only reason to ever run them is if you like blue engrams or if you're after a specific calcified fragment.

I got all these Runes I'm contemplating on discarding.

Hm. That's a tough question. The loose answer is, "Whatever class works best with your playstyle."

Sunbreakers have a weak neutral game. You aren't really doing much with your class when you don't have your super. However, as a Sunbreaker, you can almost guarantee your team at least one win in 3v3 elimination.

Defender's in ToO are no joke. I played a lot of Trails in HoW. One of the scariest things was coming up against a good defender. You can protect heavy, revives, shut down supers and...in the case of one horrible match I had on pantheon...drop your bubble with blessing and then come at me,three guardians strong, all with over shield. I didn't make it to Mercury that time.

Most important part here.

The map that we get will be a big factor as well.

Thanks for the help!

Trials, since I'm new(er) to caring about PvP, is still incredibly high pressure to me. I don't feel like I can really experiment without hurting my team members. But that's probably only because I'm timid and have thus only played 46 games total, and don't have a consistent group of people I play with.

I'm going to really work on getting out there in Trials more.

Namikaze1

do you wait or just leave? there's always one or two guys that show up after like 5 min. I always have a random join me.
I wait 5 minutes and leave. I don't go there to do one anyway. Just to see what it's like nowadays. A few folks would show up and quickly leave to the next area whenever I'm there.

Haven't done it in months aside from the Mask quest which took me there.
The last time I did one was this week for the mask quest. Before that was when Todd was looking for help in getting a fragment from one of the tier 3s.

I never even patrol the Dreadnaught anymore let alone go to CoO outside of the Raid.
I only head to Dreadnaught patrol whenever the vanguard bounty asking you to find mats/kill things in there.

Namikaze1

So now that most of us are leveled up for hard mode Raid, is CoO dead? Seems like the only reason to ever run them is if you like blue engrams or if you're after a specific calcified fragment.

I discarded all my Antquated Runes cause Bungie won't let me stack them unless charged.

Bogeypop

Can't be Sector 618 since that's the PS exclusive

This is the second time I've wished to be an Xbox player. Last time I ever wished to be one was with the lead-up to Fable's release and Peter Molyneux pulled the wool over my eyes. I have not bought any of the Xboxes since.

Deku Tree

This is an honest question:

How many of you still do CoO daily? Place is always empty whenever I go by to check it.

Bungie could easily make CoO relevant by dropping Strange Coins and Motes.

It's really stupid that you can't combine your runes across characters or put them in the vault once they are charged, and that they don't stack unless they are charged.

I have like five antiquated runes that I'd like to charge and stack but I don't have enough stolen runes on the character where I want to store them. And yeah it's hard to go into CoO and find people who will pop stolen runes for you, you could be waiting all night.

Bungie must have some psychologists on staff who have some gerbil cage studies on hand that they use to recommend making silly sandbox rules like these.

EL CUCO

I discarded all my Antquated Runes cause Bungie won't let me stack them unless charged.
It's really stupid that you can't combine your runes across characters or put them in the vault once they are charged, and that they don't stack unless they are charged.

I have like five antiquated runes that I'd like to charge and stack but I don't have enough stolen runes on the character where I want to store them. And yeah it's hard to go into CoO and find people who will pop stolen runes for you, you could be waiting all night.

Bungie must have some psychologists on staff who have some gerbil cage studies on hand that they use to recommend making silly sandbox rules like these.
Yeah they need to get rid of the charge all together and just stack them.

Deku Tree

This is the second time I've wished to be an Xbox player. Last time I ever wished to be one was with the lead-up to Fable's release and Peter Molyneux pulled the wool over my eyes. I have not bought any of the Xboxes since.

I used to wish I was an Xbox player every time I got sniped from across the map by a Hawkmoon (it took me about eight months of playtime to get that gun).

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'll probably never do CoO again unless someone needs help. Not much point. Fun concept (and in practice at first) but Bungie needs to make it relevant to someone who is at end game. I'd actually go just for the fun of it if I was guaranteed to have some people there doing it as well. Make it a separate instance or something!

Yep, so the only way to get it for free is if you never spent any of the free 400 silver you got earlier.
Then my wallet shall open.

Yep, so the only way to get it for free is if you never spent any of the free 400 silver you got earlier.

Also, does the Boo have audio to it? The emote preview screen doesn't include the audio for some reason.
None of them have audio, do they?

Thanks for the help!

Trials, since I'm new(er) to caring about PvP, is still incredibly high pressure to me. I don't feel like I can really experiment without hurting my team members. But that's probably only because I'm timid and have thus only played 46 games total, and don't have a consistent group of people I play with.

I'm going to really work on getting out there in Trials more.

You'll find plenty of people, of all skill levels, to play Trials with here. I'm not amazing by any means, but in HoW I usually made it to Mercury at least once a week with one character. That was always my goal. Get to Mercury once that week and get gold packages on each toon.

Funny Trials story, I got carried to the lighthouse once with Wicked and Rubenov, but I didn't realize it was a carry right away. I thought, "Oh look, they just need a solid third, I'll reply" but once we go into the first match I was like, "Oh, this is a carry lol"

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I love the feel of HAKKE HC's. Which of these should I focus on?

8cxEMo4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom