• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

phen0m24

CoO was fun the first few times of doing each. Then it gers boring and repetitive.

It was a great place to test out my first sword haha.

OT disclaimer:

What you are about to read is video game music related.

I blame Toddtaku for this but I have been listening to P4G OST at work and I really want to go back to Inaba. All your fault, senpai!!!

You are now free to go back to your Destiny loot-hating. ;)

TacticalFailure

Neo Member
This is an honest question:

How many of you still do CoO daily? Place is always empty whenever I go by to check it.

Not daily, but I had 5 others join me this weekend for about 20 minutes or so. CoO is fun if there are a lot of people joining in, would be better if the rewards for tier 3 could go over 300 light.

GhaleonEB

I'll probably never do CoO again unless someone needs help. Not much point. Fun concept (and in practice at first) but Bungie needs to make it relevant to someone who is at end game. I'd actually go just for the fun of it if I was guaranteed to have some people there doing it as well. Make it a separate instance or something!

The rewards very much need improving. I think they were trying to find that sweet spot where the rewards are worth running, but not something players will grind out at the expense of others, but they didn't find it. The Court is empty 90% of the time. What I'd like to see is some ideas borrowed from the Prison of Elders: after you get Eris' rep to a certain level (say, 4) they you get a weekly package of stolen runes and an antiquated rune. Running the latter will drop coins and a chance for legendary gear from CoO. With that, it would be part of everyone's weekly reset cadence and the Court would be populated and relevant.

I love the feel of HAKKE HC's. Which of these should I focus on?

8cxEMo4.jpg

Depends on if it's for PvE or PvP. PvE the bottom one is a good choice because nice impact and range. For PvP the top one. The range isn't ideal but the two others have an archetype that is bad for PvP because it kills in the same shots as the archetype of the top handcannon while having a much slower RoF.

You'll find plenty of people, of all skill levels, to play Trials with here. I'm not amazing by any means, but in HoW I usually made it to Mercury at least once a week with one character. That was always my goal. Get to Mercury once that week and get gold packages on each toon.

Funny Trials story, I got carried to the lighthouse once with Wicked and Rubenov, but I didn't realize it was a carry right away. I thought, "Oh look, they just need a solid third, I'll reply" but once we go into the first match I was like, "Oh, this is a carry lol"

Drizz & Rubenov carried me to the Lighthouse and it got me hooked! (I did feel like I was contributing at least some. Got a Bulletproof one game). I want to go back!

Trials also gave me a distaste for the chaos of 6s. I like the slow tactics of 3v3 now. Drizz uses the term "on farm" to mean that the raid has been figured out. The term I've used is "solved". Whatever you call it, a Trials match will never be "on farm" or "solved." And that's exciting.

Why is glue so fucking hard too get?
And is there only 3 quests for Halloween? I got three when it launched completed them and got nothing since, if so that's a bit lacking :(
And when does this event end?

OT disclaimer:

I blame Toddtaku for this but I have been listening to P4G OST at work and I really want to go back to Inaba. All your fault, senpai!!!

Ugh. I really need to play that game

Dynedom

Dammit. which Lyudmila do I want. Full auto with sacrifices to stability for range or Rodeo with sacrifices to reload for more stability.

Kwakye94

Neo Member
THE KING IS DEAD!! (again) :), finally back up to 100% on the trophies for destiny, i didn't think it would bother me as much as it did! But boy that raid takes a lot out of you!

Dammit. which Lyudmila do I want. Full auto with sacrifices to stability for range or Rodeo with sacrifices to reload for more stability.

Honestly none of the above. Rolls aren't very good this week, could hold onto it until next week. Or, since he's selling it again this week, get one of them now then buy another for new rolls next week.

Iirc there was a full auto and injection mold roll? Looks the best to me.

OT disclaimer:

P4G is GOAT Video Game Soundtrack. It really doesnt get better than that.

phen0m24

Ugh. I really need to play that game

Justdoit.gif

SH truth bomb.

Sky Full of Stars best song though

i put 300 hrs in p4 vanilla

couldn't get past 30 hrs in p4g

hate marie

Wha? Afro. Dude. We killed Alak kul or whatever his name is that time. Dat ending tho!

do it for me. you could ignore her but you'll miss out on the True Ending which is beautiful.

SEE??????

YoushouldplayitstillSTOPAVOIDINGITBECAUSEOFMARIE

My checkpoint bro also speaketh the truth. He usually does. :)

DESTINY YES MOAR GUNS BETAR LUTES AND LARYNX HM IS A PAIN DISMANTLE MINES, YES?

;)

GhaleonEB

Why is glue so fucking hard too get?
And is there only 3 quests for Halloween? I got three when it launched completed them and got nothing since, if so that's a bit lacking :(
And when does this event end?

https://www.bungie.net/en/pub/festivalofthelost

You get enough glue and legendary masks from the first package to make 2-3 masks legendary, and thus permanent. If you want to keep more of them after the event, you need to plunk down silver for the bags at the EV store, as glue does not drop from the normal ones from the treat bags.

For a just for fun kind of event, I thought this was pretty great. The masks, the tower trick or treating, all the tower decorations and humor (Eris' box of raisins was so good) the small collection of quests, and the whole candy -> turn in cycle. For a silly holiday event I thought it was very well done. Last year there were a few Tower decorations.

I think it's also the right way to do cosmetic items for cash. The masks felt earned, but are both cosmetic only and actually detrimental to wear. But if you want to keep more than a few of them, it costs. So everyone gets some fun and some free ones, and those who want to can buy them permanently. Certainly far better than was feared when this model was announced. (I bought a couple bags so I could make the collection of all four engram masks legendary. Because.)

Dammit Phenom you're making me want to buy P4:DAN and I don't even play rhythm games. Soundtrack is too good. I gotta shoot some space aliens quick or my wallet will regret it.

Uh top of the page...

E92 M3

https://www.bungie.net/en/pub/festivalofthelost

You get enough glue and legendary masks from the first package to make 2-3 masks legendary, and thus permanent. If you want to keep more of them after the event, you need to plunk down silver for the bags at the EV store, as glue does not drop from the normal ones from the treat bags.

For a just for fun kind of event, I thought this was pretty great. The masks, the tower trick or treating, all the tower decorations and humor (Eris' box of raisins was so good) the small collection of quests, and the whole candy -> turn in cycle. For a silly holiday event I thought it was very well done. Last year there were a few Tower decorations.

I think it's also the right way to do cosmetic items for cash. The masks felt earned, but are both cosmetic only and actually detrimental to wear. But if you want to keep more than a few of them, it costs. So everyone gets some fun and some free ones, and those who want to can buy them permanently. Certainly far better than was feared when this model was announced. (I bought a couple bags so I could make the collection of all four engram masks legendary. Because.)

I've only gotten 1 piece of glue from the initial package =/

phen0m24

Dammit Phenom you're making me want to buy P4:DAN and I don't even play rhythm games. Soundtrack is too good. I gotta shoot some space aliens quick or my wallet will regret it.

Uh top of the page...

I have not played any of the rhythm or fighting games - in full disclosure I may be (definitely) missing out

I even tried Danganronpa (for something different) but couldn't get into it. Need P5.

Gollumneedsit.gif

Arrrammis

This is an honest question:

How many of you still do CoO daily? Place is always empty whenever I go by to check it.
I still do it sometimes, its a good source of weapon parts and armor mats, plus anything you pick up while wearing the cryptarch mask counts for the quest.

If you never see anyone there, try walking slowly into the zone. Basically, once you get into the hallway, walk really slow until you get all the way into the area. Usually I'll see 2+ people doing the court. Earlier today I came across 5 people doing t2's.

Tjamato88

If I complete all the field test weapons today and level up my Gunsmith rank can I place another weapon order? I've already placed one.

ich00

Dgaf!

I'm not sure how useful this will be for most, however I've been using a checklist to keep track of my daily and weekly activities via a spreadsheet. I posted up on Reddit to try and work out the kinks and missing info.

Here's the link if anyone wants to take a look, use it, make changes or whatever.

https://m.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3qlfcm/updated_what_do_i_have_to_do_checklist/

Edit: on mobile so can't get the link to look all neat and pretty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom