• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sh0k

Great! Anyone else for farming the Void Flayer Cloak from NF? The drop rate is definitely higher from all reports. No mic atm.

I can help you out, PSN Shokleeto. Need two more nightfalls, but you have to tell me which is the one we need to keep alive, color blond :(

GhaleonEB

Thanks for the NF help.

We all got legendary or exotic gear, but I can't help but feel like the rewards are still awful. All of the drops were instantly sharded for being worse than all my other gear or not what I needed; the rep gain was 27 Vanguard and 12 faction - didn't it used to be 400 Vanguard? This was only my 2nd TTK NF so I probably missed it, but I didn't realize they cut that too. You get that much for running a patrol mission. And there's still nothing to fill the (large) void left by the elimination of the 20% XP boost.

What was the modifier that caused enemies to do 2-3x normal damage? There wasn't a burn, but I kept getting killed in 1-2 hits despite being 293 light, and I didn't expect to.

The KF HM ship looks cool but....entirely unpractical. Where does the pilot fit in there @_@. There is another ship you can get associated with a quest that looks cool. Assuming the quest is related to HM KF.

The NTTE quest is 10x better than the SS. Gun seems ok.

I liked the SS quest line, except for the awful Warsat-wait-a-thon which was a huge misstep. The first mission and inputting the codes would have been more fun if they were randomized so the Reddit hive mind wouldn't spoil it immediately. I loved the race up the Cosmodrome tower though.

NTtE quest is fine. Waiting for taken minotaurs is boring but much better than Warsats. It was fun to give everyone a reason to do VoG again, especially for new players that hadn't played it yet. I do wish they had changed VoG or Atheon even slightly. Twilight Gap step took 20 seconds, super forgettable. That Black Garden mission though.... meh. "Spawn infinite minotaurs" isn't compelling encounter design.

Spindle mission really hit the "challenging and interesting" sweet spot. One of the TTK highlights.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
HEY MY GROUP

Since you're probably coming to the thread to replace deafmedal now

We should try the "1.5 gaze" strategy for Golgo!

Thanks for the NF help.

We all got legendary or exotic gear, but I can't help but feel like the rewards are still awful. All of the drops were instantly sharded for being worse than all my other gear or not what I needed; the rep gain was 27 Vanguard and 12 faction - didn't it used to be 400 Vanguard? This was only my 2nd TTK NF so I probably missed it, but I didn't realize they cut that too. You get that much for running a patrol mission. And there's still nothing to fill the (large) void left by the elimination of the 20% XP boost.

What was the modifier that caused enemies to do 2-3x normal damage? There wasn't a burn, but I kept getting killed in 1-2 hits despite being 293 light, and I didn't expect to.

Doing heroic strikes made me realize no matter your light, you die in 3-4 hits from most major enemies. In this weeks nightfall, theres a modifier where enemies do more damage to jumping players.

But you still die too fast its silly

Thanks for the NF help.

Used to be 500 Vanguard rep then another 499 rep from the Weekly assuming you did NFall first.

Grounded modifier makes you take double damage in the air. Worst modifier in the game, movement is the best part of Destiny.

Also there's a 10% damage penalty by default in the NFalls. I believe it's due to the Epic modifier.

Mindlog

Earn 5 points in a featured playlist.
No problem game.
Earn 5 points and now you will join a Rumble game in progress with the game almost over.
And there are three people in a party camping heavy not shooting each other.
And they have supers.

Don't know why this bounty exists when that kind of stuff can happen.

It didn't take a point away =]
Pretty easy to win Rumble when no one else is using a primary weapon. I'll die when I don't land all of my headshots, but more often than not I kill the wannabe eagles swooping in with their shotguns.

Getting all the ghosts on my own was pretty damn difficult, but I took my time and only had deaths due to the jumping puzzle.

Edit: Also what a damn cool environment that they can fit all of this in there.

Trickster

Was getting all excited when I woke up and saw that NTTE was out. Figured sweet, can get it before school. And then I saw that to get it i had to kill one of those huge taken corruption minotaur bosses, as well as do the entire fucking VoG, and then some other thing as well. Ugh...

What happened with nightfalls though, did they finally become worth doing ?

MrDaravon

Nightfall rewards:

304 Fusion rifle + 3 strange coins & 297 Void Flayer Mantle
290 Empyrean Bellicose
310 Questing Beast & 285 Arc Flayer Mantle

I'm okay with this? The 304 Fusion rifle and 310 Questing Beast (Vanguard AR) rolled garbage perks but that's good infusion material at least. The Empryrean Bellicose was a virtual duplicate of one I already had so that was sharded. I already had a Void Flayer Mantle and this one rolled literally identical to the one I already had; exact same light level, stat rolls and everything, it's kind of crazy. So that got infused. I didn't have the Arc Flayer Mantle so that's rad though.

So basically one decent and one great infusion item, and one of the Mantles I didn't have. Feels more in line with what I'd want out of a NF. Honestly would have gladly traded any of these for all of these 300+ ghosts everyone seems to be getting but doesn't want, you guys are killing me with that shit.

Edit: Also sorry I had to leave Crash, I love playing with you guys but it's late and I'm tired and sick, don't think I could make it through a Raid right this moment :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom