• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

rc213

Thanks for the NF help.

We all got legendary or exotic gear, but I can't help but feel like the rewards are still awful. All of the drops were instantly sharded for being worse than all my other gear or not what I needed; the rep gain was 27 Vanguard and 12 faction - didn't it used to be 400 Vanguard? This was only my 2nd TTK NF so I probably missed it, but I didn't realize they cut that too. You get that much for running a patrol mission. And there's still nothing to fill the (large) void left by the elimination of the 20% XP boost.

What was the modifier that caused enemies to do 2-3x normal damage? There wasn't a burn, but I kept getting killed in 1-2 hits despite being 293 light, and I didn't expect to.

Were they not even good to infuse?

I got 309 Helm, 310 gloves and a 304 primary.

All will be infuse fodder so that's a huge step in loot reward. Was hoping for a 300+ ghost or boots but at least i now feel like doing the Nightfall is actually useful even without the buff.

JTripper

It's great that there a new exotic weapon questlines that are being updated week by week, but I can't seem to care to finish any of them since they're only 290.

maomaoIYP

Earn 5 points in a featured playlist.
No problem game.
Earn 5 points and now you will join a Rumble game in progress with the game almost over.
And there are three people in a party camping heavy not shooting each other.
And they have supers.

Don't know why this bounty exists when that kind of stuff can happen.

It didn't take a point away =]
Pretty easy to win Rumble when no one else is using a primary weapon. I'll die when I don't land all of my headshots, but more often than not I kill the wannabe eagles swooping in with their shotguns.

Haha, this happens often in Rumble, but players tend to be horrifically bad in Rumble.
For my first match last night I got dumped into a game in progress where the leader had 850 points. I was going to give it up as a warm up match. And then I caught up on at the last kill. I won 2515, to 2460. It felt great.
https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/PGCR?instanceId=4003497260&characterId=2305843009313686336

Saint9806

Just did the Paradox mission with a 2 man fire team and it was literally one of the hardest missions I have done in Destiny because of the mere fact that if we wipe we would have to start all over. A 3rd guy would have really helped. Not to mention the platforming was a pain in the ass! So happy that's over. Now to wait until the next quest opens up.

inthrall

The artist who did all the awesome illustrations in the cutscene + edge magazine covers has the originals posted up at https://www.artstation.com/artist/ryandemita

ryan-demita-ttk-demita12.jpg

OK. I keep asking, but who is doing the Hard Raid with me this Friday!? I am so pumped to do my first Hard Raid. 308 light currently and ready to kick all sorts of ass.

Frenden

Banned
Nightfall was cheap on me, but I got two exotics in four 3oCs. One dupe and the Y2 Suros which I've been too stingy on marks to buy.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The calm before the storm.

Hard Mode raid will take at least six hours going in blind for any GAF group. Over or under?

I had 2 rumble games where I couldn't find anyone. I liked it better when rumble war restricted to the smaller 3v3 maps, now medium sized maps are in the rotation.

Shores of Time is way too damn big for rumble

GhaleonEB

Used to be 500 Vanguard rep then another 499 rep from the Weekly assuming you did NFall first.

Grounded modifier makes you take double damage in the air. Worst modifier in the game, movement is the best part of Destiny.

Also there's a 10% damage penalty by default in the NFalls. I believe it's due to the Epic modifier.
Ah, it was grounded. I'm so used to going invisible and then jumping away, stray fire was killing me instantly.

I feel like Destiny has kind of lost its way a bit with the post-TTK updates. Bungie added a quest system with TTK, but doesn't use it for the exotic quests. They are time sensitive and require things like material donations to specific factions, which is really frustrating and not fun, or re-running raids, or hard platforming that resets the level if you fail (ghost hunting in the Vault). These are not good quest steps. Dumping mats is not a quest!

NF rewards took a huge step back and haven't really begun to recover. Weapon part economy was throttled, stalling player progression.

It feels like there's a different set of folks running the post-TTK Destiny show than had done TTK, and I worry about the direction it's drifting.

inthrall

IB (which I don't play, but the point stands) had gear shifted to random drops, which is diametrically opposed to the 'get gear for activities' philosophy that runs through much of TTK.

Well, in this case the drops were only different in that they had perks. You could still get the item with a static set of perks just by hitting certain reputation ranks. The others I am neutral to agree with, there is some issues remaining to sort out

Ryck

Second time in a row Oryx doesnt take my shards. Is this a glitch? I have never gotten a double drop and the last two times the shards just stayed in my inventory.

Btw: anyone raiding tonight?

the21O

Neo Member
Since I've never done VOG how am I supposed to just up and kill the Raid boss?
Also anyone still doing the nightfall with room for one more?

GhaleonEB

Well, in this case the drops were only different in that they had perks. You could still get the item with a static set of perks just by hitting certain reputation ranks. The others I am neutral to agree with, there is some issues remaining to sort out

Ah, I think I misunderstood that one. Thanks, edited.

Still, it's been feeling like two steps back, one forward with the recent updates.

lt519

35 coins and a 310 ghost. Teammates got a 310 Telesto, 309 Guantlets, coins, coins and a 300 and a 293 shell.

3/9 rewards were shells.

I just hope shells aren't dropping at ridiculous rates now.

Shiv47

Nightfall gave me a 310 Hereafter, 290 Treads Upon Stars, and a couple Strange Coins and whatnot. It'll let me shard my 290 Hereafter for other infusion purposes, so that works for me. Hopefully the NTTE quest picks up tomorrow, I don't wanna wait.

inthrall

Ah, I think I misunderstood that one. Thanks, edited.

Still, it's been feeling like two steps back, one forward with the recent updates.

Yeah, there is an element of that for sure. I suspect all the exotic quests are trying different approaches to getting loot, and I admire them as a good step forward, even though a lot of them need work to be more fun. Farming rare materials is okay if it needs to be done once, but four times for four exotics is a bit much (make that six times if you want 3x Touch of malice). Time waiting content is another part that I'm not a fan of, forcing The First Curse to be an Armsday countdown multiple times (more if you count the rep grind) is a bit rough

Did 2X NM raids with alts tonight.

My Titan will be going in at 307
My Hunter will be going in at 307
And my main, Warlock, will be going in to HM as 308

Fingers crossed this is enough

Looking to get the ghosts! Anybody need another person?
I already got mine, but I'm about to run my brother through if you're interested in joining us? It'll be about 10 minutes until we start if you're still around and haven't found another group.
Did 2X NM raids with alts tonight.

My Titan will be going in at 307
My Hunter will be going in at 307
And my main, Warlock, will be going in to HM as 308

Fingers crossed this is enough
Got a group yet? I'm dying to do this hard raid on Friday and afraid if I don't get a group early I'll miss the train.
35 coins and a 310 ghost. Teammates got a 310 Telesto, 309 Guantlets, coins, coins and a 300 and a 293 shell.

3/9 rewards were shells.

I just hope shells aren't dropping at ridiculous rates now.
I have about 6 Kingslayer shells in my vault :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom