• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like you made the cut by seconds! We'll see you there.

Oh nooo! A few seconds too late. I've added you as an alt. With it being Halloween there's a high chance someone may not show up, so don't fret.

no prob, I will highly likely be online just in case

Okay. I may be mixing my memories of #Forever29 Oracles and doing it as a 32+. :p

Don't listen to the Oracles cheesers haters. It's a great encounter.

I had a few long winded posts last couple days after King's Fall "mechanical vocabulary" and responding to your post about the KF theme, not sure if you saw them.

I made a raid encounter ranking list after CE dropped but obviously it needs updating. Lots of similarities to yours although a few will be pretty different. Also I'll probably just rank individual encounters but not things like Templar Suite separately (although I understand why that'd make sense).

Edit: also I always evaluate encounters based on when they're the current end game, i.e. there's no such thing as "Crota as a Lv33" to me since it was scaled intentionally for TDB.

Oracles suck. Way too slow. Rose colored glasses in here.

Nah, lots of running around and keeping things in check so a fanatic doesn't creep up on you. I miss raid encounters that don't force you to "take a plate" or "hide in a bubble". Encounters where you can use the whole space is A-okay in my book.

Don't listen to the Oracles cheesers haters. It's a great encounter.

I had a few long winded posts last couple days after King's Fall "mechanical vocabulary" and responding to your post about the KF theme, not sure if you saw them.

I made a raid encounter ranking list after CE dropped but obviously it needs updating. Lots of similarities to yours although a few will be pretty different. Also I'll probably just rank individual encounters but not things like Templar Suite separately (although I understand why that'd make sense).

Edit: also I always evaluate encounters based on when they're the current end game, i.e. there's no such thing as "Crota as a Lv33" to me since it was scaled intentionally for TDB.

I did see the theme reply. I'll have to look for the mechanics ones. I'm glad I'm not only the one who finds this stuff enjoyable.

Totally makes sense only evaluating it as designed. I just know that Crota 32 made me quit hard raiding, while I enjoy Crota as a 33,34 & wanted to highlight that. Probably because as a 32, there's so much "that's a wipe" and as a 33 you have some recovery room while engaging with the mechanics.

I'm definitely interested in your list. And what our dramatic differences are.

Deku Tree

What do people think of this new HM Oryx strategy?

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe..._groups_ive_been_a_sherpa_for_all_loved_this/

I've been a sherpa for quite a few HM Oryx groups in the past few days and every group I've been with has loved how easy my strategy is and they all comment how much easier it is than the no knight method so I thought I would share it so everyone can get the fight down easier.

First of all this strategy has two requirements. A defender titan with ToM and 1 other person with ToM. Have the titan use Blessing of Light, Bastion, and Illuminated.

Assign the defender titan and your highest light level with Touch of Malice as floaters. They will stay in the center the entire fight. Pick your runner and the other 3 people will be assigned a number 1-3 It is usually best to assign your lowest light level to 2 as they will always have help if they need it. 1 always goes where oryx is, 2 always goes to the platform counter-clockwise from oryx, 3 always goes to the platform diagonally from oryx.

Start the fight and kill the first adds. Send everyone to their assigned location. As soon as Oryx slams the titan will pop his bubble in the center between the two daughters platforms. Everyone goes up onto their platforms in order and the two people in the center focus and kill all the ogres with Touch of Malice using the Blessing of Light to maintain their over shield. Ogres should die very fast with 2 ToMs with 1 ammo shoot them. Everyone on the platform then kills the knight that their ogre spawns (Front left kill front right, back right kills back left, ect.).

As soon as the relic is grabbed everyone meets under the titan bubble. If their knight is not dead it will walk through the middle and they will be able to kill it there from the safety of the relic. The relic holder should jump through the titan bubble on his way so that he can safely get the aura without risk of dying. The last knight (from the one with no platform) should walk through the middle and the 2 from the center should kill it. Everyone else should focus the Vassal. If there are any other knights that didn't get killed now is the time to kill them. They are easily dispatched in 3-4 shots from a ToM. By the time the last knight and Vassal die Oryx will be slamming. Everyone should then focus on Oryx to stagger him. After staggering him everyone stays in the middle and kills all of the adds that are up. Once all the adds are dead, everyone goes to the bomb of the platform they were on. One of the floating people in the middle goes to the last bomb. Give a countdown and everyone goes in at the same time. Go back to the middle and keep shooting oryx.

After detonations do your favored running pattern. I use everyone going around the platforms they were assigned to that detonation, and the runner/last floater around the daughters platform.

On the next slam 1-3 readjust themselves on Oryx's new position and you repeat the killing until Oryx is dead.

Some further tips are if you have a 2nd titan use a bubble when fighting the shade with Blessing of Light so people can use a 1 ammo Touch of Malice with the over shield.

Every group that I have used this strategy with much preferred it over the no knight strategy and found it much easier. It is much safer since there is nothing up to shoot at anyone.

Namikaze1

Alright, have to kill Oryx one last time. My hunter has the HM Oryx CP.

Anyone interested in teaming up for this?

Edit: doing this a bit later.

Alright, have to kill Oryx one last time. My hunter has the HM Oryx CP.

Anyone interested in teaming up for this?

Yes, but not until about 6:30-7pm EST? Is that too late for you? I just need to finish it with my Hunter. I know Rene and Messiek would also be up for it. I can be runner, floater, whatever.

Edit: Yes I see HM lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom