• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not exactly a new strat, did this on the first day to get the kill. It is pretty good though and makes the Ogres a non issues for lower light level teams. I ran the normal stratergy last night with a team that had no person under 312 and the fight is significantly easier once you don't have the light disparity between you and the boss so none of these 'easier' strats will be necessary in a few weeks as people will be geared enough just to do it the using the same strat as normal mode.

Up for an Oryx HM down either now or in the near future if anyone wants to give it a shot. I'm a 310 Titan. Haven't cleared Oryx HM yet, looking to do so tonight. Done NM a bunch.

If there's interest I'm happy to join or host a group.

Okay, since HM Oryx is getting postponed, I'm gonna do some court of oryx.

Send a message to silvertonguebr if you wanna tag along. Gonna do some T1, T2 and T3.

BiodegradableOilyFluke.gif

Someone shop the knight saying surprise motherfucker.

haha. Such an awesome gif.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So glad to have Keen Scout unlocked. Makes Hadium Flake chest farming so easy. Think I'll go for another 2 Touch of Malices then infuse them with some lower light weapons.

Oracles suck. Way too slow. Rose colored glasses in here.

Only when cheesed and/or over-leveled. You can only properly evaluate encounter design when it's the current end game content since it's been scaled to our power levels at the time. Being able to solo Skolas in 5 minutes now, and block his Devouring Essence with your sword, doesn't change how brilliant that fight was during HoW.

Of course it's bad design that the completion time can't be lowered, I've talked about this issue 10 million times. It makes the fight feel slow and boring once it's mastered. But Oracles especially got a bad wrap from all the cheesing. I played with tons of groups and only a small handful of people like Deafmedal and ms ever wanted to play legit.

Oracles felt anything but slow when played legit as the current end game during vanilla. The pacing was spot-on when #Forever29s were dropping left and right as the tension ratcheted up heading into the seventh wave. Very smart add spawns and difficulty escalation tailor made to the environment's geometry.

Look at the Hobgoblin platforms and spawn timers, the Goblin and Minotaur spawn locations, frequencies and pathing towards Oracle locations, timing and frequency of Templar's appearing/disappearing act. Some Minotaurs spawn in the right cave which keeps your attention, but some spawn from bottom-middle doors near the cleansing pool and path up to the right. They can sneak up the stairs behind unsuspecting players just as the Templar teleports into position to cut off your escape route if you run forward.

How many people did blind VoG raids? Do you remember the mystery and suspense after finally clearing Confluxes when these strange yellow lights started blinking all around you? As you slowly pieced together the Marked/Cleansed/Negated mechanics you also noticed how each of the seven spawn points played a distinct tone. As the waves progressed and Oracle spawns increased it started to feel almost like... a song.

Then one day you read the VoG Grimoire card and this line jumps out at you:

Vault of Glass Grimoire said:
The stars will move around you and mark you and sing to you. They will decide if you are real.

...making you realize it was a song. In fact, when the tones are played in order of the Oracle spawns across all seven waves it forms a "hymn of the Oracles" that matches a soundtrack theme you can hear in Orbit.

TL;DR: It's far from perfect but Oracles is fucking great.

Deku Tree

This is the strat that Kadey and her group were trying this morning. They struggled a bit, especially taking down the knights. It's very similar to the NM strat.

Using the the blessing bubble in the middle and using ToM to melt the ogres from the middle and then having the platform holders kill the light eater knights is smart.

So is killing all adds from inside the aura before detonating bombs. You have 30 seconds after oryx is staggered so it's a good idea. People rushing blowing up bombs is more risky.

TL;DR: It's far from perfect but Oracles is fucking great.

So sad that I learned this so late.

It's also one of the few raid encounters where there are so many "boss"/mechanical targets, which is great for a fire team vs standing all together and DPSing a single target for every encounter in the raid. Speaking of which, I totally forgot Totems in my listing! Which I really like!

Edit: for when you're quoting something other than a GAF post, try the
. Makes it stand out, but allows for good quoting.​

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Really wish I had continued playing throughout the year instead of stopping in January. Having to unlock still fully 100% unlock Bladedancer and Sunsinger is boring.

Drizz, one other KF inconsistency to add to your list. The raid has tons and tons of jumping, all first person, but when it really counts or your entire team wipes? 3rd person with tons of effects on your screen.

TsuWave

hard to find a group for hard mode oryx these days. LFG is all "need a bubble titan", its the new "must have gally". do people not realize you can kill oryx on hard without the godamn bubble crutch? ugh

Deku Tree

Drizz, one other KF inconsistency to add to your list. The raid has tons and tons of jumping, all first person, but when it really counts or your entire team wipes? 3rd person with tons of effects on your screen.

When jumping equip sword and go to third person mode or else your doing it wrong.

zewone

hard to find a group for hard mode oryx these days. LFG is all "need a bubble titan", its the new "must have gally". do people not realize you can kill oryx on hard without the godamn bubble crutch? ugh

Have you tried looking for a group on GAF? The pool of players is usually better in skill and personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom