• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

the21O

Neo Member
So who's carrying for Atheon? Never done him before and don't have a mic. :c

PSN: tehSlacker

For the love of god, anyone for the final encounter of fears embrace? This encounter is so stupid. Just need one person so when I die it isn't an instant wipe.

Edit: Like seriously, did a fucking clown design this encounter?! Gas, flames, bombs, endless mobs! All it needs is a fucking ball bit.

I'll join psn the210

Did 2X NM raids with alts tonight.

My Titan will be going in at 307
My Hunter will be going in at 307
And my main, Warlock, will be going in to HM as 308

Fingers crossed this is enough

307-309 will be fine to start. Besides, 310 is impossible without insane sweet-baby-RNGsus luck. The problem is that at least Oryx (maybe earlier) will be 320 Light. So you have to pray for high Light drops during the raid or else the damage scaling will be severe. High light weapons are especially important because both your overall Light and each specific weapon's Light contribute to the damage it does.

Anyone want to run a King's Fall NM???

Waiting for Friday yo.

For the love of god, anyone for the final encounter of fears embrace? This encounter is so stupid. Just need one person so when I die it isn't an instant wipe.

Edit: Like seriously, did a fucking clown design this encounter?! Gas, flames, bombs, endless mobs! All it needs is a fucking ball bit.

I'll be on in a sec psn same as gaf

Xeyark

Unconfirmed Member
Thank you so much! You really saved me there. And thanks for sticking around and helping me take out the minotaur/reviving me every few seconds!

You're welcome! I figured you wouldn't mind the help. It gave me the item for my Hunter anyhow, so that's an added bonus.

Sai-kun

Banned
Just wondering, why are waiting until Friday to do KF NM? Does the loot table get better? Or you can't do HM if you've already done NM?

Seems like you get double loot drops from HM if you haven't done NM that week

speaking of which: anyone on PS4 raiding tonight? No fucking way I'll get to do HM this week, so happy to join a good crew and burn the place down real quick. I've got a mic and I'm cute as hell IRL.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks again for letting me sick raid with ya'll. Was a bunch of fun. Still feel like crap and can't go a minute without coughing but group totally took my mind off it while we were crushing them bosses

Helping all my friends get hadium flakes for their first legendary swords came in handy. Had plenty of flakes to immediately full upgrade Touch of Malice. Too late to start a raid tonight, but will def be running one tomorrow to christen this bitch.

When do get the quest Not Forged in Light from FWC? After you give them motes for rep? I gave them like 75 and the ghost and no quest popped

Ah, it was grounded. I'm so used to going invisible and then jumping away, stray fire was killing me instantly.

I feel like Destiny has kind of lost its way a bit with the post-TTK updates. Bungie added a quest system with TTK, but doesn't use it for the exotic quests. They are time sensitive and require things like material donations to specific factions, which is really frustrating and not fun, or re-running raids, or hard platforming that resets the level if you fail (ghost hunting in the Vault). These are not good quest steps. Dumping mats is not a quest!

NF rewards took a huge step back and haven't really begun to recover. Weapon part economy was throttled, stalling player progression.

It feels like there's a different set of folks running the post-TTK Destiny show than had done TTK, and I worry about the direction it's drifting.

Yeah, I agree with everything you're saying here. I think a lot of players feel similarly, that there's been a disconnect post-launch. The economy nerfs don't impact me much (e.g. I bought 1000 weapon parts from Brother Vance before Trials went away) but it's still easy to understand why they are bad decisions for the community at large.

Some nerfs affect me more than others, like Crucible weapon drops. I played more than 150 IB matches and got 0 weapon drops, not even regular Crucible weapons. I've gotten maybe 2 weapons total from the 450+ matches I've played since TTK launched. I'm glad re-rolling is gone but the drop rate needed to maintain or increase to compensate; instead it fell off a cliff. I assume they're trying to restrict Legendary Marks but those aren't terribly important anymore.

TTK launched with some problems, but had a clear, unifying vision. That vision has lost focus, like you said.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
When do get the quest Not Forged in Light from FWC? After you give them motes for rep? I gave them like 75 and the ghost and no quest popped

you have to do the Paradox mission on heroic, collect the ghosts, do some platforming to a portal and kill the Ultra Taken Minotaur THEN you go to FWC and get the exotic mission

Kalentan

So the raid HM is 310? Is there actually a decent amount of people 310 in the game? Or will be it be doable with people who are in the 305 ~ 310 range?

you have to do the Paradox mission on heroic, collect the ghosts, do some platforming to a portal and kill the Ultra Taken Minotaur THEN you go to FWC and get the exotic mission

Oh sorry I wasn't clear, I did the Paradox mission, got the 3 ghosts and turned in the one ghost to FWC. Then I repped them up with 75 motes and still nothing? Do I just have to check back tomorrow ?

302 Fusion rifle. Yes!!

Not really. I need a 295+ Heavy bad and I would have been happy!

But, progress NF rewards, at least.

Out of the days I've put into TTK, 12ish raid clears, 0 heavy weapons above 295. crazy!

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
I'll join but I've never done it. PSN jen867530nine
I'll get you right now

Are you willing to take people who have never done it before? I know I'm not the only poster trying to find help with this.

If you still have room I'd like to join.
what I can do for you guys is give you a CP for the atheon its the least I can do but you're gonna have to leave my fireteam soon after getting it..I already have 4 other dudes plus Hoho for breakfast so thats 6...so Im gonna run it with them....you guys cool with getting a CP? Beats doing the whole tedious raid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom