• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadduck

You must not play with blueberries. Either that or I keep getting put in shit teams where no matter the game mode everyone is playing TDM >.<

I was playing with blueberries, must have done 10 games of control then jumped into Rift and got it first game.

I did hang around the spark and I used a high impact sniper to bodyshot weaken them.

Bitsurugi was on the opposite team, he's quite good at PvP and I never thought I'd get to 7 shots, but he was also playing with blueberries and fortunatly his team mates were a bit worse.

Jinjo

Absolutely nothing worthwhile from HM yesterday with my Titan
aside from a 320 ghost
. Shards & normal drops. The single other HM drop was a mark, which dropped at 310. Can't believe they got loot so wrong again. As much hate as TDB got atleast the lootsystem was pretty good back then. Even with the introduction of radiant materials. You just needed too much of those to upgrade an armor piece which made replacing an old drop with a superior version too much of a hassle to bother. Moldering shards are absolutely useless now. Those should just give an extra HM drop at Oryx too aside from the already guaranteed one.

Dalek

What are the go to weapons in Crucible? I can't help but feel I'm doing it wrong. Everyone else is capable of one shotting me but I'm just firing wet paper towels.

MrS

Banned
Absolutely nothing worthwhile from HM yesterday with my Titan
aside from a 320 ghost
. Shards & normal drops. The single other HM drop was a mark, which dropped at 310. Can't believe they got loot so wrong again. As much hate as TDB got atleast the lootsystem was pretty good back then. Even with the introduction of radiant materials. You just needed too much of those to upgrade an armor piece which made replacing an old drop with a superior version too much of a hassle to bother. Moldering shards are absolutely useless now. Those should just give an extra HM drop at Oryx too aside from the already guaranteed one.
i was playing with a group of GAF scrubs last night who couldn't even kill Deathsingers. I was massively annoyed man. Done it in one try with LFG straight after. 314 now though

What are the go to weapons in Crucible? I can't help but feel I'm doing it wrong. Everyone else is capable of one shotting me but I'm just firing wet paper towels.
Vex Mytho is still legit
Conspiracy Theory D is also brilliant

Sigh im never gonna kill Oryx everytime i get lfg we take so long to kill deathsinger that nobody wants to stay and do Oryx.

If anyone does Oryx normal id love to jump in and get it done.

Destiny weekend to do list:
Play Trials and rage about sunbreakers, pulse rifles, and Incendiary knife glitches
Run normal raids on my alts for 310 artifacts.
Bitch about what Xur brings.

https://www.bungie.net/en/pub/festivalofthelost

You get enough glue and legendary masks from the first package to make 2-3 masks legendary, and thus permanent. If you want to keep more of them after the event, you need to plunk down silver for the bags at the EV store, as glue does not drop from the normal ones from the treat bags.

For a just for fun kind of event, I thought this was pretty great. The masks, the tower trick or treating, all the tower decorations and humor (Eris' box of raisins was so good) the small collection of quests, and the whole candy -> turn in cycle. For a silly holiday event I thought it was very well done. Last year there were a few Tower decorations.

I think it's also the right way to do cosmetic items for cash. The masks felt earned, but are both cosmetic only and actually detrimental to wear. But if you want to keep more than a few of them, it costs. So everyone gets some fun and some free ones, and those who want to can buy them permanently. Certainly far better than was feared when this model was announced. (I bought a couple bags so I could make the collection of all four engram masks legendary. Because.)
Late reply i know.. i kinda passed out (ill) after i wrote my post.

Future reference guys, i bought the pack of 6 masks (i know i know, sue me I'm part of the problem)

You DO NOT get glue in every pack, it says you do but i only got 3... £16 for 3 glue :'(
Sigh im never gonna kill Oryx everytime i get lfg we take so long to kill deathsinger that nobody wants to stay and do Oryx.

If anyone does Oryx normal id love to jump in and get it done.
If the group is struggling on the daughters, they aint ever doing oryx.
That is why they probally run.

Swords suck in cruxible. Up by about ten kills, then four members of the opposing team whips out swords and you literally cannot stop them without two people shooting them at one time.

Swords should mean you get weakened shields.

Pulse rifles with high stability and shotguns with good range are popular right now. And I guess high impact snipers with low-zoom scopes too.

-Nirwen's Mercy (Iron Banner pulse), Hawksaw, Red Death, etc.
-Conspiracy Theory D with rifled barrel (can get a really nice one from a questline, forget which)
-1000 Yard stare with Shortgaze scope or the other low-zoom one

Bogeypop

I can kill some time doing this, chuck an invite to therealinthrall

Great. just need 1 more for Omnigul/Grasp of Malok farm. Don't want to do it with a pug since they probably won't work with us to kill Omnigul right before her boss room, wipe, and repeat for the drops.

inthrall

Great. just need 1 more for Omnigul/Grasp of Malok farm. Don't want to do it with a pug since they probably won't work with us to kill Omnigul right before her boss room, wipe, and repeat for the drops.

I'l join up in 5, wanna finish this match for weekly quest

Trakan

Let's say that Bungie listens to the players about lack of loot frustration in HM KF, but they aren't willing to guarantee upgrades or raid loot drops from each boss.

What would you guys want? I think it'd be nice to receive an exotic shard in consolation of not getting a loot drop. Seems like everyone can always use more shards but that could just be me.

I currently have 105 exotic shards, I don't really need any more.

The only thing I got was a 304 bond.

Did you guys off Oryx after I left? Fuck, I really wanted to finish up the Hard Mode this time, but I guess RNG will fuck me over at least another hundred times before I get to 310.

Also, the scarcity of 300 plus LL helms begs the question, "Did Bungie put a certified Sadist in-charge of the loot table?"

About to insert charged Agonarch rune. Join me or send a FR to PSN Dontbrickmebro if you need it.

Also I'd like to farm in Omnigul if there is any interest.

Deku Tree

Did five NF this week and still no Darkblade helmet.

Spent over three hours helping an inexperienced team on HM Oryx last night. Probably died 2-3 times in three hours myself, not including wipes. Then the team decided to quit. No kill.

FML

AngerdX

So anyone else need to do the exotic sword strike for void?

Or a normal KF raid only done it once and would like to get ready to do some hardmode.

25 minutes without a post? Craziness. Thread seems to have slowed a lot. We'll see what activity level Trials brings tomorrow.

I'm dreading Trials to be honest. I don't have much time to do raids during the week, so I end up doing them mostly in the weekend. I'm worried this will return to HoW style weekends where all everyone wanted to do was Trials, and all other activities were sidelined. I hope that doesn't happen and people still raid.

noomi

Good Morning DGAF!

Curious what todays weekly update will be about, I'm guessing Hard Mode Stats and Trials Info.

Get ready :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom