• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandiller

I can help PSN MrCriminal :)
Awesome! Invited you to a party you can join my fireteam form there and I'll start the event. This is the last calcified fragment I need before I can go after touch of malice :)

Sorry, no mic here

*edit* thanks guys! Finally got that last fragment

DarKshodaN

I don't understand how people can leave out No Time To Explain. That gun is so awesome. Precision shots means not having to reload. You can just keep dumping on ultras, majors and bosses. It melts enemies. Even in the raid, the only thing ToM is better at is shooting Oryx himself, everything else NTTE is better.

Definitely, I've had alot of fun with NTTE, Supercell, Tlaloc, SS and Telesto.

Indeed,NTTE is a totally underrated gun, i prefer this gun over Zhalo.

Jabronium

3rd time and then sod it. Seem this thread is too dense for new folk.

What level are you at? I think just playing through the story, doing bounties and quests along the way, should get you to 40. At that point you can start doing strikes to boost your light and then get raid ready. VoG was (and is) great, but the loot doesn't have much relevance anymore.

I expect you guys streaming tomorrow

We'll stream our three runs for sure. Unstable will almost definitely go back to Halo afterwards though, sounds like he's not interested in doing carries (or Destiny PvP in general) nowadays. If Wicked is up for it I'll be down to attempt some carries but it all depends on the match making and how our 3 runs go.

No idea if I'll try carrying on my Hunter again or go Sunbreaker or even a Tllaloc Sunsinger. Really hard to say where the Trials-specific meta will settle. I still don't have a favorite primary or go-to PvP armor builds. Need to infuse up a few more primary options and glass-needle my fast revive exotics. Today is all about getting my PvP builds set.

AngerdX

I really need 2 experienced guardians to help me get this sword strike done, 3 runs with randoms and everytime they murder my guy so i fail every damn time, Destiny has serious endgame issues, outside the raid there just isn´t any really. :/

E92 M3

Sleep Simulant is great, but not going to waste the infusion fuel on getting it to 310+. I think the infusion system hampers more than it helps.

2real4tv

I really need 2 experienced guardians to help me get this sword strike done, 3 runs with randoms and everytime they murder my guy so i fail every damn time, Destiny has serious endgame issues, outside the raid there just isn´t any really. :/

Which one you looking for I need void but won't be home for another 1hr.

Jinjo

i was playing with a group of GAF scrubs last night who couldn't even kill Deathsingers. I was massively annoyed man. Done it in one try with LFG straight after. 314 now though

No worries man, we can easily replace you if playing with us is too annoying for you <3

Mupod

This is the method that my team has been using, works very well :)

I see it becoming the accepted strat from now on. No more unavoidable runner deaths, and bomb detonators don't have to run as far + their bombs are approximately the same distance so you can detonate on time. No problem with adds either as you can easily clear them out beforehand.

I do have one problem with it - if the runner is even slightly slow, the tomb ship will start firing at the 'oryx side' platform holders and you are 100% completely dead if it even grazes you.

Likewise there is a chance that adds will focus fire a platform holder as the second knight spawns. I guess you just need to not go for that shot and head straight for the bubble, letting the knight run around. This is not a huge deal if the knight behaves normally and runs somewhere convenient after spawning, but I've seen them run around the backsides of the platforms and become impossible to deal with before detonation.

We came really close using that strategy last night but there is a point where you just can't go any longer. Not that I'm not having fun but if every single night with this game is going to be 3 hours of wiping on Oryx I probably won't be able to keep playing Destiny. I had to quit WoW because I was losing sleep over raiding and my mentality for this type of game is very much 'all or nothing'.

3rd time and then sod it. Seem this thread is too dense for new folk.

Apologies for not getting back w you. I always try to answer newbies' questions when I see them but sometimes they slip through.

Do you have Taken King? What Light level is your character? If so you should be focused on leveling up for King's Fall instead of Vault since that's the current PvE end game. You could do Daily story and Crucible for legendary marks to buy gear in the tower depending on what your lowest light armor piece is now. You could do Strike playlists and Court of Oryx for higher light blues or even purples if you get lucky.

Sometimes people still run VoG for fun but not often. I'd be happy to sherpa a run if there was enough interest but it's been hard filling out KF groups recently. Seems activity has died down a bit recently. If you give more info about where your character is at and what you're interested in playing I can try to elaborate.

Taborcarn

I'll let you know if I'm available then, but it might be around the time the "Born of Battle" test goes live.

I have preloaded some software for similar purposes, I'm looking forward to it going live.

Although I'm constantly refreshing my Blizzard account looking for Overwatch invites as well.

Bogeypop

I have preloaded some software for similar purposes, I'm looking forward to it going live.

Although I'm constantly refreshing my Blizzard account looking for Overwatch invites as well.

I'm looking forward to trying out "quisMar" he uses a "Rifle Sniper" and his "Strike Predatory" ability sounds really neat. Hopefully people can queue up together, but unfortunately it seems a lot of DGAF is playing this on PS4, so I might be flying solo on PC.

I've also been constantly checking if I've been flagged for Overwatch beta access, but at least I have "Born of Battle" as a consolation. Seems just about anyone who registered for that got a key.

mandiller

Now that I'm up to Fear's Embrace to get my Malice. Anyone available to join me?

Psn: mandiller
If you let me know your psn I can invite you to a party. I have no mic at the moment unfortunately though

Pre -HM Oryx there was atleast a chance to come closer to 310, by grinding out and attaining exotics which could be infused into gear, this seems to be absent in post HM launch.

I had honestly thought they had revamped the system after the forever 29 fiasco, it seems to be the same story all over again...

Your post is spot on, especially the part about no higher Light exotics to grind as a substitute for bad luck with raid drops. That's a big oversight.

Only thing I'd mention is the new light level scaling does lessen the sting of being under leveled relative to #forever29. It's reasonable to hit ~310 even with bad luck in HM KF and that damage scaling penalty is slightly less severe vs Oryx than HM VoG at Lv29. Plus all the earlier encounters are only 310 which is nice.

The big problem with this "improvement" is that it requires a more subtle understanding of the leveling system than most players have. It puts unlucky players in the same ostracized camp that forever 29 players were in when they look for LFG groups to join. They improved light level scaling and made GHorn obsolete so LFG would be less elitist... except now it's just filled with "Must be 311+ Light with maxed Touch of Malice!!!" posts. Whoops.

Rahool just hooked me up with my first legitimate lucky engram roll of TTK. I got my Warlock to lvl40 and went to cash in the stockpile of legendary engrams I saved up. First one converts to an Artifact! I then infuse it up to 300, Awesome. No need to grind the CoO quest out now and my Warlock is instantly Raid ready.

Lnkn52

We'll stream our three runs for sure. Unstable will almost definitely go back to Halo afterwards though, sounds like he's not interested in doing carries (or Destiny PvP in general) nowadays. If Wicked is up for it I'll be down to attempt some carries but it all depends on the match making and how our 3 runs go.

No idea if I'll try carrying on my Hunter again or go Sunbreaker or even a Tllaloc Sunsinger. Really hard to say where the Trials-specific meta will settle. I still don't have a favorite primary or go-to PvP armor builds. Need to infuse up a few more primary options and glass-needle my fast revive exotics. Today is all about getting my PvP builds set.

I'm pretty sure stream content quality will still be good when trials return, but yes, I haven't been keeping up with other games lately and not sure how Halo has impacted the Destiny community.

Even having WYL not playing Destiny is not that major of a loss, but it's still one very good PvPer not playing trials anymore.

hitlerat

I have tried it, works like a charm, its easier to understand and implement, if one is fairly new to the raid, the only thing is you need a good runner for this...can help you out if needed, i am on PS4 though, PM your tag, I'll send you an add :)

Thanks man... First I´ll try that with my group...
Can a ~306 group do that ?

A question about that strategy, after stun the oryx, how much time we have before run at orbs? I always thought we need run as fast as possible.

The big problem with this "improvement" is that it requires a more subtle understanding of the leveling system than most players have. It puts unlucky players in the same ostracized camp that forever 29 players were in when they look for LFG groups to join. They improved light level scaling and made GHorn obsolete so LFG would be less elitist... except now it's just filled with "Must be 311+ Light with maxed Touch of Malice!!!" posts. Whoops.

They traded 1 lucky drop to grant LFG acceptance for 9.

Would RNG again/10.

A question about that strategy, after stun the oryx, how much time we have before run at orbs? I always thought we need run as fast as possible.

~306? Going to be tough for sure. Maybe teather or golden gun the last ogre since you'll have to constantly catch up with your lack of dps. Everybody probably needs to have ToM.

After staggering oryx, we normally count down from 10 and on 1 everybody leaves to brand to detonate orbs. That's plenty of time to wreck ads.

Nightz

My goals for tonight: beat Atheon, get NTTE, complete exotic sword quest. Assistance for any of these would be appreciated!

Mupod

In the 'kill knights' strat you have time to clear adds, leftover knights, the vessel and have plenty left over to take up position around the orbs and count down to detonation. If everyone runs out as soon as they can, they'll die to centurions etc and detonate their bombs at the wrong times resulting in people not making it back to the buibble. If you synchronize detonations you have lots of time to make it back safely.

edit: I would not advise even trying HM Oryx with a group around 306. Just run the first 3 bosses on other characters, like what we all did last week.

Now that I'm up to Fear's Embrace to get my Malice. Anyone available to join me?

If you let me know your psn I can invite you to a party. I have no mic at the moment unfortunately though

Still need help? I could hop in. Need to finish that mission on my third character, 310 primary infusion material for Trials :p

Only missing one fragment across all 3 characters, really hoping mini-Crota drops it next week otherwise I've no idea which one it is.

mandiller

Still need help? I could hop in. Need to finish that mission on my third character, 310 primary infusion material for Trials :p

Only missing one fragment across all 3 characters, really hoping mini-Crota drops it next week otherwise I've no idea which one it is.

Yep! Still need help. I'm up to the boss room but can't beat it. What's your psn?

E92 M3

I hope today's update shines some light on what is getting changed in November. Also, I would like some acknowledgment that raid loot is messed up. Just last night, I got nothing but shards for Warpope and Golgo.

This is actually the first time since I started working that I don't miss Destiny. I don't feel the need to finish more HMs to get my light level higher up and with the current meta I don't think I'll play a lot of Trials. I see it as well in my clan, a couple of people seem to be burned out. I guess it's a good thing for my work though :p

I'm 15 for 15 on 310 exotics when decrypting engrams at 311+ Light, fwiw.

Nirwen's Mercy or NTTE for ToO? That is the question!!

Nirwen's. NTtE has too low range and stability relative to well-rolled legendaries and the exotic perk isn't that great for 3v3 realtive to Red Death and Bad JuJu. It's still good, you'll see some in Trials, but it's not great imo.

Neuro

Very easily, I have done it with 303,304,305s in the team, classes make a difference...Try to run with 2 titans if you guys are at a lower light level...

One titan needs to shift to weps of light while in the shade, compensates for the lack of light else you'll get stuck at Doxology...

A few other pointers for this strat

1) If there is only one titan in the team, make sure that the thralls in the beginning come close to the daughter's platform, tether them and a sunsinger can create orbs. This creates a lot of orbs which lasts for 2-3 runs

2) The other key thing you need to know is that even if 3 corrupted lights get detonated, its fine, staying alive is more important, you can do one extra run and compensate for not blowing up one light bomb than losing someone because they stayed long enough for their name to appear on the screen

3) Dont self res if you die inside the shade you get thrown back out and dont come back in, it also effects doxology somehow (not too sure on this, but have seen it happen)

4) Keep a track of which corrupted light is the farthest on the left and right, though you dont have to kill the adds, they will still rush towards you, a warlock/hunter is good because of invisible grenades and self res

5) The team/people on the glyphs/DPS team on the daughters should try and keep the ogres attention as long as they can, since they start hitting the relic guy...This is where running fast comes into play

6) Count, keep counting when you are switching from one ogre to another

7) Glyph people sit at the far edge of the platform

8) Wait for the ship to pass

9) Relic guy, use the steps to get to the daughter's platform, dont hurry...take your time...

Shiv47

Still doing this? I need it and can jump on. PSN is shiv2099

LiK

Nirwen's. NTtE has too low range and stability relative to well-rolled legendaries and the exotic perk isn't that great for 3v3 realtive to Red Death and Bad JuJu. It's still good, you'll see some in Trials, but it's not great imo.

wanna trade loot tables? I can't hold all these 310 Titan Alpha Lupis

Is this true? This doesn't seem true.

In HM yesterday against taken knights 310 ToM was doing 4030 ish per round on precision shots, while 310 NTTE was doing 1530 ish per round on precision shots, which means it was doing over 4500 per burst on precision.

Add to that the fact that it's putting bullets back into the mag and you can just keep firing without worrying about your health being impacted. I could down the light-eating knights more easily as well. Adds like acolytes and their annoying eyes when down easily. I'm LL 312.

When the Ogres are low on health you just need to shoot precision and you don't need to reload. The only downside is it doesn't stagger them, but you can switch between NTTE and sniper to stagger.

The problem is Oryx, he doesn't have a precision spot on stagger, only the shade, so ToM is better specifically to stagger him.

Saint9806

Nirwen's!

I agree. I forgot the name of the perk that I have rolled on my Nirwen's that you can see the radar even when zoomed in. I love that!

GGs Mandiller and Shiv! Enjoy your new ToMs. I really do enjoy that mission, very hectic and challenging but still fun.

Edit: I love Eris' new dialogue for Festival of the Lost. She just said something about candy being "sugary bandages" then said "Happy Festival... *sigh* I guess."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom