• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

noomi

25 minutes without a post? Craziness. Thread seems to have slowed a lot. We'll see what activity level Trials brings tomorrow.

I think people are getting a bit burned out on Destiny lately.

Yesterday, in typical fashion right after work I log in... and I just wasn't feeling it, at all. Played a game of crucible with some friends, did terribly, logged out.

Neuro

I am a little confused about the reward system in TKK, there seems to a lot of variables that can keep a player locked at a lower light level post 315-317.

The discrepancy comes in the form of 2 factors

a) Getting a drop (This is RNG which I understand contributes to the grind)

b) Getting a drop which is of a favorable light level (This is also governed against by RNG) Ex getting a 310 chest dropping at Oryx when Golgoroth has already given you a 316 chest

It seems though they did improve the drop rates in TDB and HoW, they somehow have gone back to Vanilla Destiny with the raid.

Atlteast with VoG, players had to deal with point a, (Getting a drop) which IMO is still doable for a set of players (there was also a larger set who were forever 29)

The current system seems to be have both the RNG factors which is going to keep players locked out and ostracized of these so called challenge modes

Pre -HM Oryx there was atleast a chance to come closer to 310, by grinding out and attaining exotics which could be infused into gear, this seems to be absent in post HM launch.

I know Luke Smith has acknowledged some of these poor implementations of the RNG systems, but I get a feeling a lot more players are going to be stuck at 315-317 this time unable to max out just like VoG.

I had honestly thought they had revamped the system after the forever 29 fiasco, it seems to be the same story all over again...

Deku Tree

I am a little confused about the reward system in TKK, there seems to a lot of variables that can keep a player locked at a lower light level post 315-317.

The discrepancy comes in the form of 2 factors

a) Getting a drop (This is RNG which I understand contributes to the grind)

b) Getting a drop which is of a favorable light level (This is also governed against by RNG) Ex getting a 310 chest dropping at Oryx when Golgoroth has already given you a 316 chest

It seems though they did improve the drop rates in TDB and HoW, they somehow have gone back to Vanilla Destiny with the raid.

Atlteast with VoG, players had to deal with point a, (Getting a drop) which IMO is still doable for a set of players (there was also a larger set who were forever 29)

The current system seems to be have both the RNG factors which is going to keep players locked out and ostracized of these so called challenge modes

Pre -HM Oryx there was atleast a chance to come closer to 310, by grinding out and attaining exotics which could be infused into gear, this seems to be absent in post HM launch.

I know Luke Smith has acknowledged some of these poor implementations of the RNG systems, but I get a feeling a lot more players are going to be stuck at 315-317 this time unable to max out just like VoG.

I had honestly thought they had revamped the system after the forever 29 fiasco, it seems to be the same story all over again...

No if challenge modes give a guaranteed 320 in HM and 310 in NM.

deadduck

It does go in cycles when new games come out.

Halo has probably taken a few away, but by the looks of it, they won't be away for long. Fallout will do the same.

MGSV done it for me, Battlefront might but I find it hard to like other games since Destiny.

Yesterday, in typical fashion right after work I log in... and I just wasn't feeling it, at all. Played a game of crucible with some friends, did terribly, logged out.

I don't think its so much burn out, its more nothings fun in the game anymore. The raid is very strict in how to get it done with (mostly) shit loot. And the new crucible meta is stale and boring. Using TLW at its best will never be beaten, hands down the best PvP gun ever

I am a little confused about the reward system in TKK.

TLDR :p Welcome to the club

Is there a better place to be asking about like Vault of Glass or what I should be doing now?
As I dont know anyone with a PS4 who isnt on holiday, so basically all I do now is play crucible haha

Nuszka

Dude, think i just logged out right before you came in. Had to turn on Tekken last night as its my best hangover solution, gaming wise. Was meant to get my last 2 exotics but will do that shortly.
On other note i really hope trials rewards will deliver, so there is a lot of incentive to play this "competitive" mode.

Neuro

Yeah I'm a bit burned out. I really, really should be levelling my sunbreaker subclass for trials but I just can't be bothered.

I'm still 50/50 on whether or not I'll even bother with trials anyway, I just can't get to grips with this pulse rifle meta, it's so boring.

deadduck

And the new crucible meta is stale and boring. Using TLW at its best will never be beaten, hands down the best PvP gun ever

Overall I'd take the Crucible now (even with sun breakers) over the stupid 2 shot Thorn fest (from sniper range) we had before.

I wish TLW was usable again though (not at the range it had), that was a lot of fun and required skill.

noomi

Dude, think i just logged out right before you came in. Had to turn on Tekken last night as its my best hangover solution, gaming wise. Was meant to get my last 2 exotics but will do that shortly.
On other note i really hope trials rewards will deliver, so there is a lot of incentive to play this "competitive" mode.

Yeah man, really wasn't in a good mood for gaming yesterday, I'll be back in after work for a bit today though.

XO was asking about you as I think they were going to run some more raids last night, might still do them today? Anyway, I'll be on after 3:30PM EST and can help with whatever you need... I'll only have about 2 hours or so though.

Did five NF this week and still no Darkblade helmet.

Spent over three hours helping an inexperienced team on HM Oryx last night. Probably died 2-3 times in three hours myself, not including wipes. Then the team decided to quit. No kill.

FML
I'd like to get my last HM Oryx kill done sometime today in-between work. You available during the day?

Bradach

Just read the HM Oryx strategy.

My group still struggle with NM Oryx so I won't be trying that for a while but I have a question about jumping on the platforms.

It seems that only 3 people need to jump on the platforms. Why is that? I thought if all 4 people don't jump up in order the spark runner won't be able to do his job. Which of the 4 platforms don't need a person on it? the final one?

noomi

Telesto
Black Spindle
Touch of Malice
Exotic Swords
Zhalo

I mean - what?

Was just about to post this.

Chaperone, Tlaloc, Jade Rabbit, and Exotic swords as well.

Sure there are some less desirable ones, but comparing the year 1 DLC exotics. This year is way better.

I'm dreading Trials to be honest. I don't have much time to do raids during the week, so I end up doing them mostly in the weekend. I'm worried this will return to HoW style weekends where all everyone wanted to do was Trials, and all other activities were sidelined. I hope that doesn't happen and people still raid.

We can still raid on friday if you want sleepy, I left one character, I tried replying to you and due on PSN but kept getting errors. I

GorillaJu

Nuszka

Yeah man, really wasn't in a good mood for gaming yesterday, I'll be back in after work for a bit today though.

XO was asking about you as I think they were going to run some more raids last night, might still do them today? Anyway, I'll be on after 3:30PM EST and can help with whatever you need... I'll only have about 2 hours or so though.

Yeah i wanted to, but believe me, when hangover I'm really grumpy, so i think it was for the best to avoid me lol. Btw i will be on after work which for you will be around 6 pm, in that case i will see you tomorrow as there is a high probability i might be available all dinner time.

Zoidberg

Is it 310 or 311 the cutoff for getting mostly 310 exotics? Just got a juicy primary engram and I really want 310 hawkmoon and not a 310 zhalo.

Nope, don't want a zhalo. I hope the game doesn't give me a 310 zhalo.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I think I have all the exotic weapons in the game after I got the shitty First Curse handcannon from the Gunsmith yesterday. I wish there wasn't a Draksis exploit, it would have been really cool to get Zhalo as a normal drop or something. I also hate the fact that Bungie are now afraid to put some unique and OP perks in their exotics. Most of the TTK exotics are pretty lame including the Sleeper Simulant.

Year 1 had more standout and outright broken Exotics whereas Year 2 had more balanced exotics I think.

Year 1 amazing tier (everyone was chasing after these)
Gjallarhorn
Hawkmoon
Midatool
The Last word
Ice Breaker
Red Death
Thorn
Vex Mythoclast

Year 1 meh tier
Suros Regime
Dragon's breath
Truth
Dreg's promise
Hard Light
Invective
Lord of Wolves
Monte Carlo
Patience and time
Pocket Infinity (after it was nerfed)
Plan C
Queenbreaker bow
Super good Advice
Thunderlord
Universal remote
Truth

Outright broken for most of their lives
Necrochasm
Bad Juju
No Land Beyond

Year 2 Exotics are more balanced and you're more likely to use different ones in different situations rather than everyone focusing on the top few exotics.

Is it 310 or 311 the cutoff for getting mostly 310 exotics? Just got a juicy primary engram and I really want 310 hawkmoon and not a 310 zhalo.

Nope, don't want a zhalo. I hope the game doesn't give me a 310 zhalo.
It's LL 311 for 100% (confirmed?) 310 exotic decryption.

No Time to Explain is also pretty great :p i use it in Strikes mostly

Yeah i know, i like also using swords, but this are my 2 most used exotics

I don't understand how people can leave out No Time To Explain. That gun is so awesome. Precision shots means not having to reload. You can just keep dumping on ultras, majors and bosses. It melts enemies. Even in the raid, the only thing ToM is better at is shooting Oryx himself, everything else NTTE is better.

I think exotics this year are great.

There's no "one size fits all" choice.

They're situational and all have different pros and cons.

Definitely, I've had alot of fun with NTTE, Supercell, Tlaloc, SS and Telesto.

mandiller

Anyone want to do the charged agonarch rune event with me? I'm at the spot in the patrol that you insert it if you want to join my fireteam.

Psn: mandiller
No mic at the moment though

i would disagree with thunderlord being meh tier and multi tool being amazing tier

i personally never used the multi tool.. no real reason to use it over vision of confluence

icebreaker was amazing unless you had a horn and once black hammer was introduced it was vault-worthy..

SUROS was amazing before it was nerfed due to iron banner auto rifle kills bounty

Not a big fan of it, low ammo reserve, slow fire rate. Haven't found much use for it.. maybe the Warpriest in the raid...

it destroys yellow bars

particularly like it with ruin wings

Year 1 had more standout and outright broken Exotics whereas Year 2 had more balanced exotics I think.

Year 1 amazing tier (everyone was chasing after these)
Gjallarhorn
Hawkmoon
Midatool
The Last word
Ice Breaker
Red Death
Thorn
Vex Mythoclast

Year 1 meh tier
Suros Regime
Dragon's breath
Truth
Dreg's promise
Hard Light
Invective
Lord of Wolves
Monte Carlo
Patience and time
Pocket Infinity (after it was nerfed)
Plan C
Queenbreaker bow
Super good Advice
Thunderlord
Universal remote
Truth

Outright broken for most of their lives
Necrochasm
Bad Juju
No Land Beyond

Year 2 Exotics are more balanced and you're more likely to use different ones in different situations rather than everyone focusing on the top few exotics.

yes but it makes exotics kind of useless. they are now just a harder to get gun.
Year 1 exotics where hard to get and once you had it, you actually used the gun. Year 2 exotic weapons have all been stashed away in the vault for me. except ToM which I use in the raid for the 2 last bossfights. Zhalo is however a good one, use it often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom