• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

maomaoIYP

I'm feeling just a little burnout personally, but it's more to do with the over emphasis of PvE content in TTK (and because I picked up Wasteland 2). I've always been a pulse user, so the new crucible meta is just fine with me, but crucible itself is terrible because players can't be arsed to play it due to the fact that rewards are nonexistent.

I'm a little sore that I'll miss this first weekend of trials, which is probably my best chance for going flawless without getting a carry due to the new format.

I'm feeling just a little burnout personally, but it's more to do with the over emphasis of PvE content in TTK (and because I picked up Wasteland 2). I've always been a pulse user, so the new crucible meta is just fine with me, but crucible itself is terrible because players can't be arsed to play it due to the fact that rewards are nonexistent.

I'm a little sore that I'll miss this first weekend of trials, which is probably my best chance for going flawless without getting a carry due to the new format.

Bollocks are you not about, Biggy was going to join us Friday

For anyone who still needs to do the dark blade strike for their void or arc exotic sword, I would like to run those as well tonight (EST) It is easiest to do one elemental at a time. I have no problem running the strike twice. If you think you will be available tonight to run it, PM me your psn name and I will add you when I jump on. I got my solar sword, but my arc and void sword quests have been sitting for way too long. I want to finish them damn it!

In HM yesterday against taken knights 310 ToM was doing 4030 ish per round on precision shots, while 310 NTTE was doing 1530 ish per round on precision shots, which means it was doing over 4500 per burst on precision.

Meh, not to worried about taken knights. Should be sniping them anyways. I'm taking that claim to say NTtE is better than ToM for daughters dps and Oryx stagger. If it isn't, then why would you ever equip NTtE? Especially if the meta is moving towards a ToM strat for Oryx...

Deku Tree

So the only two ways to get the skull mask are

1) get really lucky and RNG it in your first gift package.
2) buy packages with silver and you have a higher chance to get it.

It doesn't drop at the rare level.

Shiv47

GGs Mandiller and Shiv! Enjoy your new ToMs. I really do enjoy that mission, very hectic and challenging but still fun.

Edit: I love Eris' new dialogue for Festival of the Lost. She just said something about candy being "sugary bandages" then said "Happy Festival... *sigh* I guess."

Yes, thanks guys, I'd tried it a couple times but hadn't been able to get the wizard down before the swarms of adds got me. Does ToM normally drop at 310 or was that because I'm over 300? Was a nice surprise to not have to infuse it, but I still need weapons parts to get the perks.

So the only two ways to get the skull mask are

1) get really lucky and RNG it in your first gift package.
2) buy packages with silver and you have a higher chance to get it.

It doesn't drop at the rare level.
Seems so.

It could have been worse though. Like them selling premium masks that don't look like paper craft or one's that can be worn over your regular helm for cash.

God bless you Shaxx
rop7gTp.png

3JNKNK0.gif

Last exotic, all kiosks filled.

I'm free ya'll
rop7gTp.png

Yes, thanks guys, I'd tried it a couple times but hadn't been able to get the wizard down before the swarms of adds got me. Does ToM normally drop at 310 or was that because I'm over 300? Was a nice surprise to not have to infuse it, but I still need weapons parts to get the perks.

Yeah it drops at 310
Until Bungie realise it was a mistake and change it to 290 like Spindle

neoism

Year 1 had more standout and outright broken Exotics whereas Year 2 had more balanced exotics I think.

Year 1 amazing tier (everyone was chasing after these)
Gjallarhorn
Hawkmoon
Midatool
The Last word
Ice Breaker
Red Death
Thorn
Vex Mythoclast

Year 1 meh tier
Suros Regime
Dragon's breath
Truth
Dreg's promise
Hard Light
Invective
Lord of Wolves
Monte Carlo
Patience and time
Pocket Infinity (after it was nerfed)
Plan C
Queenbreaker bow
Super good Advice
Thunderlord
Universal remote
Truth

Outright broken for most of their lives
Necrochasm
Bad Juju
No Land Beyond

Year 2 Exotics are more balanced and you're more likely to use different ones in different situations rather than everyone focusing on the top few exotics.

lol you counted truth twice... but its not the best RL in the game now..

neoism

Any point to complete the 3 Halloween Quests?

The Crota mask don't drop for me.

i'm got like every single fucking mask except oryx... ;_;

also it really fucking sucks having to go back to tower after one game... smh they should of let us turn in the bag in the inventory.. bungle i swear...

lt519

Hidingmythunder and Rarbusto, thanks for stickin it out. The raid took longer than it usually does.

No problem, glad to finally get that Oryx kill. Just sucks that being under leveled causes so many problems with insta-deaths, we couldn't of had a better rhythm but just kept getting boned. Got 317 Gloves, 311 cloak, and 312 machine gun for the raid though, not bad!

Rubenov

Some other Trials notes:

-The difference in damage between 300 and 320 is very little (1% estimated from bungie's chart). Below 300 the curve accelerates. As long as you're above 300, prioritize weapon reload speed (I alternate between primary reload speed and sniper) and other PvP perks (more ammo for your secondary, as an example)

-Fast revive gear is very important. It's now more difficult to revive snipe, and getting those revives fast is key. The timer does not increase after revives as it did before. If they rush you after a revive, you and your buddy will have overshields to punish the rushers.

Deku Tree

Some other Trials notes:

-The difference in damage between 300 and 320 is very little (1% estimated from bungie's chart). Below 300 the curve accelerates. As long as you're above 300, prioritize weapon reload speed (I alternate between primary reload speed and sniper) and other PvP perks (more ammo for your secondary, as an example)

-Fast revive gear is very important. It's now more difficult to revive snipe, and getting those revives fast is key. The timer does not increase after revives as it did before. If they rush you after a revive, you and your buddy will have overshields to punish the rushers.

Did Bungie publish a damage curve in the 310-320 range?

Nuszka

Slightly off topic but with the announcement on tuesday that Tekken 7 is coming to consoles (whoa, what a surprise lol), my guess it might release in the same month that Destiny 2 will, which is september. On the other hand though i kinda can't believe that in less then a year we will get a fully fledged sequel to destiny, my bet/hope is on march 2017. There is no way i could play both games at the same time. Would have to clone myself.

LiK

Finally got TOM last night, Fear's Embrace sucks so hard. They really made that quest line ridiculous.

I think it was nice of them that we didn't need to complete that quest for the final quest item tho. I bet even QA thought it was too much.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I'm loving the NTT, glad I went for it. Gonna run with it tonight in Kingsfall. Want to see how well the Rewind Again perk does against Warpriest and Golgoroth.

Sleep Simulant is great, but not going to waste the infusion fuel on getting it to 310+. I think the infusion system hampers more than it helps.

Apart from the beginning and a few uses on POE bosses mine has been in the vault most of the time.

I think it was nice of them that we didn't need to complete that quest for the final quest item tho. I bet even QA thought it was too much.

We got the Wizard piece completed but decided to try beating Oryx in that level. Nearly did it with 2 people a few times and one time we killed him as we both died but it still counted as a wipe. Finally did it with 3 and got 310 Nighthawk out of it using the 3oC. So was worth it for me but usually no point to beating him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom