• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondFancy

I think it was nice of them that we didn't need to complete that quest for the final quest item tho. I bet even QA thought it was too much.
Thank god for that, I killed the wizard then got instantly decimated, even being a sunsinger hardly helped.

Kilau

Looking to kill HM Oryx, want to get started soon.

1. Kilau
2. Cosmo

Please be of decent light level and familiar with the fight.

PSN: Kilau

God bless you Shaxx
rop7gTp.png

3JNKNK0.gif

Last exotic, all kiosks filled.

I'm free ya'll
rop7gTp.png

Pardon the noob question, but I didn't realize you could get exotics from bounties? Or was this a special bounty or something?

Rubenov

Yay!

I don't feel very confident in myself this time around, a little scared to go into it.

You guys are going to kick ass though, you running with the usual XO + Gunners team?

Should be at some point, I know Reign is running with them as well. I'll be waiting on Wicked to get released from Unstable though, lol

We'll stream our three runs for sure. Unstable will almost definitely go back to Halo afterwards though, sounds like he's not interested in doing carries (or Destiny PvP in general) nowadays. If Wicked is up for it I'll be down to attempt some carries but it all depends on the match making and how our 3 runs go.

No idea if I'll try carrying on my Hunter again or go Sunbreaker or even a Tllaloc Sunsinger. Really hard to say where the Trials-specific meta will settle. I still don't have a favorite primary or go-to PvP armor builds. Need to infuse up a few more primary options and glass-needle my fast revive exotics. Today is all about getting my PvP builds set.

Yikes. That really kind of says it all about the current state of PvP when Unstable doesn't want to do carries. Tomorrow is going to be very interesting. I suspect people are going to start playing other fall games now that we know what the HM/infusion end game grind is.

Salvage is the next step in my questline. am I almost done?

Depends on which Salvage step you're on but if it's the first one then you're unfortunately a long way from done. Here's the whole quest line, it's a tedious and long one:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3lbrvu/crucible_quest_line_from_lord_shaxx_how_to_unlock/

Only advantage is that the Crucible NF Tier bounties will unlock for all three characters.
And you get a 150 attack Rocket Launcher xD

Depends on which Salvage step you're on but if it's the first one then you're unfortunately a long way from done. Here's the whole quest line, it's a tedious and long one:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3lbrvu/crucible_quest_line_from_lord_shaxx_how_to_unlock/

Only advantage is that the Crucible NF Tier bounties will unlock for a three characters.

Last week, my reward on my main was 20 Strange Coins. Shaxx be trollin'

Think I'm gonna take a week long break from Destiny after I get my 3rd HM clear tonight or tomorrow. This is the 2nd day in a row that I've slept through my alarm.

noomi

Should be at some point, I know Reign is running with them as well. I'll be waiting on Wicked to get released from Unstable though, lol

Sounds good, make sure one of you guys stream your runs in that case. It'll be fun to watch :D

I know all you guys will be getting you super serious sweaty matches done so if time allows Friday Night/Saturday Morning I'll do an attempt with Macello and Icon.

Speaking of Wicked, really wish his gaf account was approved *slips Ghalleon a $20*

Rubenov

Yikes. That really kind of says it all about the current state of PvP when Unstable doesn't want to do carries. Tomorrow is going to be very interesting. I suspect people are going to start playing other fall games now that we know what the HM/infusion end game grind is.

I'll likely be helping people out on Saturday or just teaming up with other good players, but it depends on how "sweaty" the new MM really is. If every 7-0 or 8-0 match is against MLG pro types, then "carries" might be harder to accomplish. I guess we'll see soon.

lt519

The new match-up system will be exciting but may kill a lot of the carrying. It's the way I've always wanted it to be, since I'm a middling player, because starting a new card and getting stomped by an 8-0 team didn't really seem like a tournament of champions to me. But yeah, once Fallout 4 hits Destiny is going to have to slow roll a lot of content to keep me around. I imagine they have something like challenge mode ready to be released around then to combat the November games.

deadduck

I wanna watch Zoba gunslinging in ToO.

Not as confident this time around, gonna be so many Sunbreakers and its gonna get so sweaty as the wins pile up.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yesterday was the first day I haven't played Destiny since TTK launched.

The beginning of the end...?!??!

So I'm guessing Trials gear will drop with a random 310+ roll? As someone who is only decent at trials and can't carry a team, I don't think I'm really going to touch it at all.

Salvage is the next step in my questline. am I almost done?

Unfortunately I have no idea, I have yet to unlock them.

Thanks, just looked up how to unlock those bounties and I'm like half way through that quest line but the rest of it looks like a slog...

The good news is they are revamping the questline to make it more streamlined. Not sure when, but they detailed it in the last BWU i think. That is when I will actually do it myself.

Taborcarn

Only advantage is that the Crucible NF Tier bounties will unlock for all three characters.

Ugh I'm stalled at the Elmination step but I thought that was the end. I'm just going to wait until they make it easier like Luke mentioned.

Also, if people have a 311+ Titan in their hm oryx team, they should highly consider running the kill Knights strat mentioned earlier. Much better than leaving the ogres up.

Kyne

it's sad because my main is a Titan and normally I'd run Striker but... I know that I would be better off running Sunbreaker. ;\

titan smash is a good shutdown super, but that's in 1v1 scenarios... Sunbreaker is a good everything super in all kinds of scenarios.

E92 M3

Starting to wind down for me as well. Raided for the fourth time yesterday, it was fun, but there's nothing left to do in terms of PvE.

I am really happy to be at the point where most PVE activities are finished. Love playing without feeling like I have specific tasks. Run around the cosmodrome, do some bounties, raids here and there. Love the "downtime" in Destiny. The gear chase with every new DLC is very tiring initially.

Maybe I'm just crazy.

Laughlin

I am really happy to be at the point where most PVE activities are finished. Love playing without feeling like I have specific tasks. Run around the cosmodrome, do some bounties, raids here and there. Love the "downtime" in Destiny. The gear chase with every new DLC is very tiring initially.

Maybe I'm just crazy.

No, I totally feel you. Destiny in general can be exhausting, but that's also half the fun :p

I'll likely be helping people out on Saturday or just teaming up with other good players, but it depends on how "sweaty" the new MM really is. If every 7-0 or 8-0 match is against MLG pro types, then "carries" might be harder to accomplish. I guess we'll see soon.
I think law of averages will still allow plenty of above average teams to squeak out to 7 and 8 wins.
God bless you Shaxx
rop7gTp.png

3JNKNK0.gif

Last exotic, all kiosks filled.

I'm free ya'll
rop7gTp.png

What about exotic class items? :D

Recall

289 light. In 5 hours time I'll be playing Destiny though what to actually do with my time to make the most of my evening I'm unsure. Anyone have any good ideas?

PSN is RecallBerserk

Truant

Maybe I'm just crazy.

I just like to have some meaningfull things to do when I decide to play. It's not like I'm playing for hours on end. I wish there was more to the endgame in terms of randomized content that actually provided some cool rewards. Bounties and the weekly stuff are OK, but they're repeats of existing content.

E92 M3

No, I totally feel you. Destiny in general can be exhausting, but that's also half the fun :p

Very much so! Especially when DLC launches.

I just like to have some meaningfull things to do when I decide to play. It's not like I'm playing for hours on end. I wish there was more to the endgame in terms of randomized content that actually provided some cool rewards. Bounties and the weekly stuff are OK, but they're repeats of existing content.

Destiny in itself is meaningful and it's nice to just play without having to worry about accomplishing tasks. I know I'm in the minority when I say that the gear chase is the worst part. Love having all my stuff and just messing around.

lt519

Maybe I'm just crazy.

Totally understand that, downed HM Oryx last night and it's "now what?" I'll keep doing KF to try and get around 315 but I'll be taking shortcuts and mostly not caring about doing Oryx.

The binge playing is basically over and the desire to stick with a raid for 4 hours isn't there anymore, which is a good thing. Bunch of RNG and quest exotics to get but I refuse to do the farming ones like the sword quests. So i'll just get all that stuff gradually as I play out the game in-between other major releases. I'll keep running reset raids and Nightfalls for the shots at the RNG exotics and just because it's fun to play with GAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom