• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck it, I'm running FWC hand cannon + 1k stare + truth in trials, ready to get rekt tomorrow.

Nobody will want to run with me if I use a hand cannon, will probably have to use Nirwen's/Villany instead :(

Nuszka

I think the best solution for problems in loot drops should be guaranteed max light level on the gear if you get it by any chance. If i wanted to get maxed gear with stats/perks the way I'm satisfied and this solution would be implemented, it still would take time. A lot of people are running using their raid gear just because its the highest light level stuff they have and we know how infusion works.
Now thinking about it, if trials stuff you receive from lighthouse would be max light level...Do it Bungie!!!

I'll likely be helping people out on Saturday or just teaming up with other good players, but it depends on how "sweaty" the new MM really is. If every 7-0 or 8-0 match is against MLG pro types, then "carries" might be harder to accomplish. I guess we'll see soon.

I think that's my biggest concern. I'm not sure how I feel about the new system until we see it in action.

The new match-up system will be exciting but may kill a lot of the carrying. It's the way I've always wanted it to be, since I'm a middling player, because starting a new card and getting stomped by an 8-0 team didn't really seem like a tournament of champions to me. But yeah, once Fallout 4 hits Destiny is going to have to slow roll a lot of content to keep me around. I imagine they have something like challenge mode ready to be released around then to combat the November games.

That's a good point. I would consider myself above average in PvP, but getting to Mercury with my normal crew was always still a challenge.

Trials gear will be 300-310 drops I bet. I realize ToO is hard to get to the light house, but I'd be miffed if it was guaranteed 320 if you get there. It would invalidate the raid.

Fuck it, I'm running FWC hand cannon + 1k stare + truth in trials, ready to get rekt tomorrow.

Nobody will want to run with me if I use a hand cannon, will probably have to use Nirwen's/Villany instead :(

I have so many guns ready for Trials lol

Grasp/Red Death/Nirwen's/Hawksaw/Tlaloc

1k Stare, Conspiracy Theory, Chaperone/ Maybe Invective

TruFF cause it's the Truth

MrS

Banned
Wait you played with other GAFfers after/before our group? I just thought you were smack-talking as the usual. :p
Haha I wouldn't put our group on blast like that! Yeah I played with some other guys when everybody from our usual group was offline/asleep. I'm addicted to bad loot drops, y'see?

noomi

I think the best solution for problems in loot drops should be guaranteed max light level on the gear if you get it by any chance. If i wanted to get maxed gear with stats/perks the way I'm satisfied and this solution would be implemented, it still would take time. A lot of people are running using their raid gear just because its the highest light level stuff they have and we know how infusion works.
Now thinking about it, if trials stuff you receive from lighthouse would be max light level...Do it Bungie!!!

Hmmmm.... how about once you have a piece of 315 gear, you can only get 315+ drops for that piece of gear.

So lets say for example you have a 315 chest armor, next time you kill gologoroth he has a chance to drop 316, 317, 318, 319 or 320 chest?

deadduck

I think that's my biggest concern. I'm not sure how I feel about the new system until we see it in action.

To those that have gone 7/8-0 can they just carry on going? If so do they get matched up against people that have completed it or will they be final boss for those that have not completed it?

Daemul

Destiny in itself is meaningful and it's nice to just play without having to worry about accomplishing tasks. I know I'm in the minority when I say that the gear chase is the worst part. Love having all my stuff and just messing around.

Nah I'm with you man, the loot chase is the least enjoyable aspect of Destiny for me as well, I just wanna get my shit and then play the game proper. This is why HoW was my favourite DLC, I got all my gear quickly and then I just focused on other shit in the game, which was mainly PvP. In TTK the loot chase has been made convoluted and PvP is shit, so any motivation for running Kings Fall and tolerating crappy drops is gone.

darknil

Why do we have to wait for next Armsday when you turn something on a wednesday? Whyyyyyy?

Yesterday I finally got bored and went to farm the special materials for the exotic sword (last step) and when I went to turn in, wait for next armsday. So sad, I'm so sad.

So apart from the Hung Jury, what other good legendary primary weapons do you recommend for PvE and PvP? I have some saved like the Iron Banner PR, the Lyudmilla and others.

Been running on primary exotics so far but I'm interested in using the exotic sword. Exotic specials have been mreh to me, except from the Black Spindle (although I'm using a 1k stare and a conspiracy theory instead)

A bit late on these replies, but...

Meh, not to worried about taken knights. Should be sniping them anyways. I'm taking that claim to say NTtE is better than ToM for daughters dps and Oryx stagger. If it isn't, then why would you ever equip NTtE? Especially if the meta is moving towards a ToM strat for Oryx...

Haven't tried daughters. As I said, NTTE is better than ToM for everything in the Oryx fight except to stagger Oryx himself. It's even better when killing the Shade of Oryx when you're teleported.

I prefer to save my sniper ammo for Ogres and light-eater knights. Taken knights go down with primaries pretty well, but NTTE is better at cleaning adds then ToM.

Honestly, ToM only seems beneficial to me when we're underleveled against him. Once we're high enough level you can easily stagger Oryx with other weapons. And while ToM is interesting, relying solely on it for Oryx instead of allowing different loadouts is kinda grating for me and one of the few things I don't like about this raid's design. Reminds me of those LFG posts...

Sounds good, my 315 Hunter should be ready unless my nephew is coming over, then I will probably go out and let him ruin my KD on trials lol.

315?!? How... Why... When... Did you blackmail someone at Bungie, or hack the RNG code?!?

Now I'm feeling somewhat inadequate with my 312 and 311 characters.

No it can drop lower at 290. I believe Sleepy's ToM dropped at 290 :-(

No, my main's ToM was 310 when I completed the quest. But I bought a kiosk one at 280 for my alt because I didn't want to look for 45 fragments again since Ghost Hunter could not distinguish between characters. Now it's at 309 (infusing is a blessing).

Bradach

For the Oryx fight, why does the fourth person not have to jump on the platform?

I thought the spark runner needed all four people on their platforms so that he can reach the spark

The strats I've looked at only have the first three people jump up and the remaining two people are floaters / on adds

Mupod

Trials is kinda the opposite of what I like about Destiny's stupid goddamn bullshit PVP so I was quite thankful for the Rubenov/Wicked carry last time. I will at least try to play it legitimately and get some gear out of it, hoping the Warlock set looks the same or better. I'll be running Nirwen's/Tlaloc most likely.

I have spent a ton of time doing PVP since my last venture into Trials, I was super rusty last time and had no idea how to use a sniper rifle. I still kind of don't but at least now I have a crutch that will one shot people 1/4 of the time.

Nuszka

Hmmmm.... how about once you have a piece of 315 gear, you can only get 315+ drops for that piece of gear.

So lets say for example you have a 315 chest armor, next time you kill gologoroth he has a chance to drop 316, 317, 318, 319 or 320 chest?

Good idea :)
Btw tonight i will decide which stuff i will use for trials and infuse it, will do some elimination warm up games as well.

E92 M3

Nah I'm with you man, the loot chase is the least enjoyable aspect of Destiny for me as well, I just wanna get my shit and then play the game proper. This is why HoW was my favourite DLC, I got all my gear quickly and then I just focused on other shit in the game, which was mainly PvP. In TTK the loot chase has been made convoluted and PvP is shit, so any motivation for running Kings Fall and tolerating crappy drops is gone.

Yep, exactly. What's even more messed up is that I am hardly using exotics now due to the light system and infusion. Fodder is already hard to come by. I honestly don't see how Bungie intended the game to play like this.

To those that have gone 7/8-0 can they just carry on going? If so do they get matched up against people that have completed it or will they be final boss for those that have not completed it?

You can keep going, even at 9-0. So they'll be plenty of mercury blockers hanging around

For the Oryx fight, why does the fourth person not have to jump on the platform?

I thought the spark runner needed all four people on their platforms so that he can reach the spark

The strats I've looked at only have the first three people jump up and the remaining two people are floaters / on adds

Because the last few platforms (leading to the relic) will always spawn even without someone on that particular platform. So the one with the relic above his platform is free to float and help with the ogres, of course this role varies each cycle.

Bradach

Because the last few platforms (leading to the relic) will always spawn even without someone on that particular platform. So the one with the relic above his platform is free to float and help with the ogres, of course this role varies each cycle.

Good to know, thanks. That'll free up one of my usual group. we thought we all had to be there. An extra floater will be very useful

You can keep going, even at 9-0. So they'll be plenty of mercury blockers hanging around

Haha. I kind of always wished once you went to the Lighthouse you could not longer play Trials with the character. Thus, you would eventually get to a point where all skill levels would play all skill levels and have a chance to get to Mercury. The community would hate this idea, but it's just my own silly idea.

Just inched over the 300 light barrier with my second Oryx kill last night. Will I start getting 300+ light from regular loot drops now or do I have to chase better light rolls in the raid from now on to get up towards 310?

zewone

Haha. I kind of always wished once you went to the Lighthouse you could not longer play Trials with the character. Thus, you would eventually get to a point where all skill levels would play all skill levels and have a chance to get to Mercury. The community would hate this idea, but it's just my own silly idea.

I've always wanted that as well.

It would also mean limited carries which would mean almost everyone legit earned their loot.

Kyne

Trials gear will be 300-310 drops I bet. I realize ToO is hard to get to the light house, but I'd be miffed if it was guaranteed 320 if you get there. It would invalidate the raid.

I disagree.

I think Trials gear should be 310, but I think if you get to Mercury you should have a shot at 320.

Getting to Mercury (especially now) will probably be harder than finishing KF HM..

zewone

Seeing as it tries to match 7-0 with 7-0, will it try to match 11-0 with 11-0? Or will it be capped?

This is the same company who didn't know their IB gear drops were broken until after the fact.

I wouldn't put much into their supposed back end system matching players.

darknil

Yeah, even on daughters the last person just adds a platform so it'll be easier to get from the relic to the daughter, but that's pretty avoidable if jump correctly.

Tin hat on but I've always thought that

Seeing as it tries to match 7-0 with 7-0, will it try to match 11-0 with 11-0? Or will it be capped?

I guess it will match with 8-0's, though they said that if it can't find a match with a good connection it will revert to the old system. They also never mentioned losses will it match you with 5-3s (for e.g)

Haybro

I think this would be a great idea.

lt519

315?!? How... Why... When... Did you blackmail someone at Bungie, or hack the RNG code?!?

Now I'm feeling somewhat inadequate with my 312 and 311 characters.

I think if I cannibalized two of my characters I could be 315. As it stands I'm 312 and 313 after 1 full raid and 3 raids up to Oryx. My Warlock is 306 sitting with a 268 artifact lol. I may just run NM Oryx on that guy to get 4 more light levels from the 310 artifact.

Bah top of page trials hype:

yNg327.gif

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEfO1VslFfI

I use Hung Jury almost exclusively as my primary. Only time I switch is during Daughters/Oryx and playing PvP. Don't even switch it up for NFs anymore. It's not even my favourite weapon to use, but it's effective and using other weapons just reduces my light level.

darthbob

Agreed. Community would go apeshit though, probably saying that Bungie is casualizing Trials.
Will we get a weekly update from Bungie regarding the trials tomorrow? I am new to the trials.

BWU should go up today, somewhere around 1PM-6PM PST. I'm sure they'll have some info on Trials.

LiK

Afro, not sure if you're reading this but I'll help you with Warpriest tonight. won't be home until after 8PM EST tho.

zewone

Weekly update next Thursday:

"We discovered a nasty bug that was matching 8-0 Trials teams with under leveled teams on a consistent basis. Our matchmaking team is looking into this issue and it should be cleared up by the next time Trials comes around. deej out."

I always liked you Zewone :)

giphy.gif

I don't think it would invalidate the raid, it would be better to have more ways to obtain high level gear than just the raid. That's my main gripe with this game is having the HM raid being the only place to get high level gear.

zewone

I use Hung Jury almost exclusively as my primary. Only time I switch is during Daughters/Oryx and playing PvP. Don't even switch it up for NFs anymore. It's not even my favourite weapon to use, but it's effective and using other weapons just reduces my light level.

Really great idea removing elemental primaries from the game, Luke.

The loadouts are so diverse now.

Agreed. Community would go apeshit though, probably saying that Bungie is casualizing Trials.

Haha. Yup. I think it would encourage more average players to appreciate and enjoy competitive PvP. There's tons of people who dislike it, but having some success against people your own skill level is a great feeling. Just because it's not MLG v MLG doesn't mean it's not a sweaty match for that player.

deadduck

I guess it will match with 8-0's, though they said that if it can't find a match with a good connection it will revert to the old system. They also never mentioned losses will it match you with 5-3s (for e.g)

Seems a bit unfair a bunch of MLGs that have already done it are Final Boss for everyone that hasn't done it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom