• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine the big chest will be exotics and weapons. No guaranteed 320 armour. That'll be randomly dropped after wins at random light levels like the raid.

Afrocious

Nah.

ToO is supposed to be the raid equivalent of PVP. It will work just like HM. So RNG nonsense.

Probably digressing from the discussion, but I don't see why Trials is set weekends and not readily available for people to participate in. If Trials is the PvP equivalent of PvE's Raids, then why should people have to schedule their Halloween weekend around it this time when people have a whole week to do a Raid and save progress?

zewone

Maybe the flawless treasure chest will have the year 2 versions of year 1 exotics that haven't made the trip to year 2 yet.

Imagine getting 9-0 flawless 360 no scope and then getting a 310 RNG drop

lololol

That's exactly what it's going to be. People want to get to 320, but that's not how the end game works now. It's not about getting to max light level. It's about getting to a level where you're on the same level as the enemies/encounter.

320 gear will drop, but it's going to be a slow burn from 310-320. It extends the life of the game...in a poor what IMHO.

Yes this must be changed. My exact reaction was " yes omg harrowed helmet! Let's go! Wow! What the fuck?!?? It's only 310? I can't believe it, what the fuck Bungie. :(".

2 310 helmets 12 hours apart. I laughed off the first but the second? Nah man

12 HOURS APART

12 MOTHERTRUCKING HOURS APART

BUNGIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEE

yoseCyx.jpg

RickD

Posted this on Reddit, about the Gun smith being a lost opportunity

I think that it should have been an opportunity to build a weapon you could add to each week. Sort of like how the husk of the pit becomes Eidolon Ally.

Rather than just picking a load of crap weapons to shoot thralls in siege of the warmind. You could level the weapon up doing a choice of bounties for the gun smith with the actual gun you were building to "calibrate it" Then when you've levelled the weapon up, you give it back and it comes back on arms day with a choice of perks. so if you picked the Crucible Bounty, you got perks more suited to PVP on Arms day, of if you completed the headshot bounty it came back with firefly etc..

This could last a number of weeks, with the The last objective being to make it legendary and make it your Weapon. Rather than how it currently is - 2500 glimmer for 3 marks and some weapon parts.

It would also be nice if you could steal perks from Armour pieces as well, but hey ho.

Deku Tree

Mantis recently tweeted that if you keep playing new cards and winning then you might keep getting after match winning rewards, but they're just not as good as lighthouse rewards... At least I think that's what he was saying.

Probably digressing from the discussion, but I don't see why Trials is set weekends and not readily available for people to participate in. If Trials is the PvP equivalent of PvE's Raids, then why should people have to schedule their Halloween weekend around it this time when people have a whole week to do a Raid and save progress?

Probably has something to do with wanting as many people on at the same time as possible for MM purposes.

Good question. I agree.

I would actual prefer if Trials was a once a month type of game mode similar to IB. It would make it much more grand.

flkraven

There's no way trials has 320 light guaranteed. Maybe a 'chance' between 310-320, but even that is doubtful. I think it will be around 310.

Any reference to how things 'used to be' is completely irrelevant.

Raid drops 'used to be' guaranteed max light.
Everything 'used to be' easily ascended to max light.
Running Nightfalls 'used to be' more lucrative with the Nightfall buff + reputation boost.

Based on what we have seen in the TTK version of Destiny, we should not be expecting guaranteed 320 items. There is no source of guaranteed 320 items, and the only guaranteed 310 items are quest reward exotics or exotics decoded at 311+ light. The only legendary 'guarantee' in the game is 280 from vendors and the 300/310 artifact quest.

TyrantII

The diversity of primaries is a lie. When everyone is using pulses it doesn't really make that much of a difference if it's Nirwen's or the Villany, the encounter will play the same. Weapon variety needs to come from weapon classes, not just different weapons within the same class.

Which will never happen with the bungie (and industry) practice of nerf until everything plays the same.

Guns should have strengths and weaknesses, and in the right hands should be epic, and in the wrong should be like not having a gun at all. At least if we're talking competitive meta, which is not something a lot of devs push for because that means no fun for the casual run and gunner who won't spend the time to master a gun/playstyle, and will spend the time to call the game shit and put it down. It's so much easier to nerf everything into mediocrity.

Example: why do hand cannons have the worst reload and ADS in the game, while also having the worst clip and ammo reserve? Why do they have any aim assist at all?

They should blazing fast tools that can hold their own with snipers and scout riffles, but with zero aim assist at all and terrible recoil on quick fire after a dead accurate first shot. If you can aim and get a headshot without aim assist, it should be a meta style for those with deadeye aim in console fps.

Instead the whole class gets nerfed because of two exotics that needed needing because of super cheap perk mechanics (quick accurate fire on TLW and burn over time kill trading on thorn).

I agree. It would also have a much lower effect on raid participation since people could do it at any time. I can see it now, once trials starts, raid participation is going down the drain on weekends.

Good question. I agree.

I would actual prefer if Trials was a once a month type of game mode similar to IB. It would make it much more grand.

This would also be a better idea than running it on weekends.

I hope Trials gear is 300-310. Only a small percentage of players complete the raid and even smaller percentage do trials. It would just create disparity problems if they are suddenly getting all this stuff. Which would then force people to play a mode they don't want to just to keep up.

All this talk of meta/trials etc made me pull out and max my Yr2 Hawkmoon, its so much more fun than using pulses. I did ok with it as well, though was on thieves den so zero range battles

mLAbbY.gif

I'm bored of my 306 Suros so will infuse that into it

Mantis recently tweeted that if you keep playing new cards and winning then you might keep getting after match winning rewards, but they're just not as good as lighthouse rewards... At least I think that's what he was saying.

You win you get sweet(?) gear. But then he's also saying you can be 294 and competitive...but then why have power advantages in the first place...but everyone should play but you only get stuff if you win...my brain is metling

zewone

All this talk of meta/trials etc made me pull out and max my Yr2 Hawkmoon, its so much more fun than using pulses. I did ok with it as well, though was on thieves den so zero range battles

I'm bored of my 306 Suros so will infuse that into it

I miss Hand Cannons so much. I used to love PVP. :(

Afrocious

I might be alone in thinking this, but if the gear given out by Trials had godly rolls and perks on them, I wouldn't mind them being 280. I got my Nirwen's Mercy at 280 from Saladin and I didn't mind that at all.

Deku Tree

So Bonus Taken Damage is good, I like it, but for good teams for most of the raid your fighting Hive.

All of the bosses are Hive so you never get the bonus damage.

If you can pro mode WP then you never see Taken.
And if you pro mode Golgi then you only see taken for a brief second.

And then at Daughters and Oryx you are mainly running ToM with the blessing bubble or aura protection so you never really benefit from the bonus taken damage there either. And the Oryx phantom isn't taken either...

So whatever the benefits of 10% bonus damage to Taken is you still don't see it much in the Raid.

Conclusion: I'm gonna start infusing my 306 Hung Jury instead.

I might be alone in thinking this, but if the gear given out by Trials had godly rolls and perks on them, I wouldn't mind them being 280. I got my Nirwen's Mercy at 280 from Saladin and I didn't mind that at all.

It would have to be Godly because IB is easy, just takes grind and most anybody can do it given time. Trials is ridiculously harder, especially going to Mercury this time around with their new matchmaking system (matching like cards).

So Bonus Taken Damage is good, I like it, but for good teams for most of the raid your fighting Hive.

All of the bosses are Hive so you never get the bonus damage.

If you can pro mode WP then you never see Taken.
And if you pro mode Golgi then you only see taken for a brief second.

And then at Daughters and Oryx you are mainly running ToM with the blessing bubble or aura protection so you never really benefit from the bonus taken damage there either.

So whatever the benefits of 10% bonus damage to Taken is you still don't see it much in the Raid.

Conclusion: I'm gonna start infusing my 306 Hung Jury instead.

I'm of the other opinion.

If you can pro mode Warpriest, you don't really need anything to make the fight easier.
If you can pro mode Golgoroth, you don't really need anything to make the fight easier.

Dealing with Taken during Sisters and Oryx is the "harder" parts of the fight, so that' something I'd actually like to be able to have some assistance with.

I don't need bonus damage to Warpriest, Golgoroth, Sisters, or Oryx, because I have no problems damaging them as it is (oryx damage numbers don't even really matter).

That's just busy work. I'm sure everyone has some spare raid weapons and exotic primaries to boost them to 310 anyway. It'd just be a material sink. Trials is a recommended 290+ activity

Huh, I don't think I ordered it. When your main is a Hung Jury, any other scout is probably gonna be a downgrade, so I didn't even look twice.

The DIS-43 is actually the only other legendary scout that apparently hangs with, or even exceeds, the Hung Jury according to folks who snagged it the first time it was being sold by the Gunsmith. I was sure to grab one this time around. I haven't tried it yet but it looks like a decent weapon. I typically roll with HJ in PvE.

LTWood12

Outlaw isn't on enough guns in this game. And having Firefly W/OUT outlaw always feels like something is missing. Nothing beats POP BOOM POW insta-reload. I got a Harrowed Smite w/ Firefly and it's great, but everytime I make a head explode, I'm still conditioned to think I'm going to get a quick reload, so it leaves me wanting.

zewone

Outlaw isn't on enough guns in this game. And having Firefly W/OUT outlaw always feels like something is missing. Nothing beats POP BOOM POW insta-reload. I got a Harrowed Smite w/ Firefly and it's great, but everytime I make a head explode, I'm still conditioned to think I'm going to get a quick reload, so it leaves me wanting.

Waiting for that undying mind NF to farm a Fatebringer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom