• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogeypop

Outlaw isn't on enough guns in this game. And having Firefly W/OUT outlaw always feels like something is missing. Nothing beats POP BOOM POW insta-reload. I got a Harrowed Smite w/ Firefly and it's great, but everytime I make a head explode, I'm still conditioned to think I'm going to get a quick reload, so it leaves me wanting.

You can at least get something like Full Auto, Outlaw, and Explosive Rounds on the Trials Scout Rifle I believe. If what's been datamined is anything to go by.

Arrrammis

You win you get sweet(?) gear. But then he's also saying you can be 294 and competitive...but then why have power advantages in the first place...but everyone should play but you only get stuff if you win...my brain is metling

I assume it's the same way in trials as it was before in terms of loot for the losing team. Winning team got a win for their ticket, and both teams, whether they win or lose, have a chance at trials coins and the second trials armor set (the Watcher gear), which is a lower level than the normal Trials gear, but would be useful for alternate characters (at least it was in TDB and HoW, since they had constant light drops-the watcher gear could bring you up to lvl. 33). It's a pretty good system, it means that more people will play rather than the MLG 720 headshot guys who can solo Crota using the rockband drums using a sword to stagger Crota.

I'm guessing the next weapon rebalancing will be in December or January. All they need to do is reduce pulse RoF across the board and reduce pulse flinch. Also rebuff handcannon accuracy to pre 2.0 levels. For specials remove top impact tier shotguns completely and nerf sniper AA significantly.

What they will do though is nerf pulses and buff scouts making scouts the new meta.

Kyne

The DIS-43 is actually the only other legendary scout that apparently hangs with, or even exceeds, the Hung Jury according to folks who snagged it the first time it was being sold by the Gunsmith. I was sure to grab one this time around. I haven't tried it yet but it looks like a decent weapon. I typically roll with HJ in PvE.

you cannot deny this beauty.
Destiny-Taken-King-Suros-Scout-Rifle-Render.jpg

TyrantII

So Bonus Taken Damage is good, I like it, but for good teams for most of the raid your fighting Hive.

All of the bosses are Hive so you never get the bonus damage.

If you can pro mode WP then you never see Taken.
And if you pro mode Golgi then you only see taken for a brief second.

And then at Daughters and Oryx you are mainly running ToM with the blessing bubble or aura protection so you never really benefit from the bonus taken damage there either. And the Oryx phantom isn't taken either...

So whatever the benefits of 10% bonus damage to Taken is you still don't see it much in the Raid.

Conclusion: I'm gonna start infusing my 306 Hung Jury instead.

The Blight bomb Ogres are taken, and the Yasmin melts them like no other.

I could have sworn the Phantom ultra was conidered taken.

PuMa

Outlaw isn't on enough guns in this game. And having Firefly W/OUT outlaw always feels like something is missing. Nothing beats POP BOOM POW insta-reload. I got a Harrowed Smite w/ Firefly and it's great, but everytime I make a head explode, I'm still conditioned to think I'm going to get a quick reload, so it leaves me wanting.

This speaks to me...

I miss Hand Cannons so much. I used to love PVP. :(

Thats the crux of this "seasons" nonsense its forcing you to play with weapons you might not like using

I'm guessing the next weapon rebalancing will be in December or January. All they need to do is reduce pulse RoF across the board and reduce pulse flinch. Also rebuff handcannon accuracy to pre 2.0 levels. For specials remove top impact tier shotguns completely and nerf sniper AA significantly.

What they will do though is nerf pulses and buff scouts making scouts the new meta.

Case in point, I absolutely detest using scouts and would give up for good

TyrantII

So what's the chance bungie has more Halloween activities in store?

Trials should grant a legendary Festival of the Lost grab bag per character. And there should be a way to earn 1-2 more per account.

I know they need to make money, but it be a nice jesture.

Deku Tree

The Blight bomb Ogres are taken, and the Yasmin melts them like no other.

I could have sworn the Phantom ultra was conidered taken.

Blessing and Aura protection ToM with double damage last infinite bullet melts the ogres much faster.

I use Yasmin plus Machine gun on the Phantom. I admit I'm not sure if the Phantom is Taken.

edit: for new page

all this HM KF talk. eesh. :/

anyone still doing NM KF? need to run it multiple times in order to get to the LL required for HM.
anyone able to run it tonight a few times, around, say 11pm EDT? we could start from the totems to shorten the runs.
a couple/few experts who could help to hasten the runs would be much appreciated.

1. rasengan1337
2. kinezo

So why do people love the Hung Jury so much? I got it from a drop and I like it and all, but I stick with my Answering Chord most of the time. Maybe I just didn't get the perks on it that everyone likes?

It doesn't compare to my Crypt Dweller from Y1 that had Firefly and Explosive Rounds. Keeping that in my vault, just in case...

X-Frame

My BWU hope:

Announcement that they are reversing the terrible Weapon Parts nerf. Or even just getting rid of them entirely. Seriously, what is the point of them?

It's ridiculous that I have so many awesome weapons I want to use but can't because I need like 15 times the 8 weapons parts I have now.

Kyne

So why do people love the Hung Jury so much? I got it from a drop and I like it and all, but I stick with my Answering Chord most of the time. Maybe I just didn't get the perks on it that everyone likes?

It doesn't compare to my Crypt Dweller from Y1 that had Firefly and Explosive Rounds. Keeping that in my vault, just in case...

it's the vendor HJ that everyone is crazy about.

TyrantII

Blessing and Aura protection ToM with double damage last infinite bullet melts the ogres much faster.

I use Yasmin plus Machine gun on the Phantom. I admit I'm not sure if the Phantom is Taken.

True, I need to run with more titans. We've been Titan/ToM deficient lately.

I've scrapped all my other Raid weapons. I haven't found anything I like besides the Yasmin.

Anyone struggling and without a ToM should immediately go and buy a year 2 Bad Juju and get it up to 300. That thing is just as God tier in the first half of the raid as ToM is second.

LTWood12

Things that feel really good in Destiny:

1. Reloading Fatebringer after blowing up a group of Thrall
2. Smashing shit w/ Kabr's Aegis (Death from Above)
3. Killing Crota as the Sword Bearer
4. Skating
5. Precision knife throw kills

Question for people with rank 25 factions:

Do you get to pick the stats on the exotic class item (like INT/STR, INT/DIS, DIS/STR) or do they just give you a pre-baked one?

Kyne

4. Skating
6. Shouldercharge
7. Slide+Shotgun+Shouldercharge

ftfy.

flkraven

4. Skating

Killing a Titan while he is in Hammer-bro mode.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled

It's a great roll. It's a great gun and I can see why a lot of people use it most of the time but I'm kinda over it at this point. I'm enjoying other guns more now.

zewone

Get the vendor version.

It has an amazing roll with high stability, triple tap, and firefly.

Lnkn52

4. Skating

6. Clearing a raid for the first time

FStop7

Banned
I still need to pick up my Armsday guns. I ordered all 5 on my Hunter and I ordered an extra Lyudmila on both of my alts. The idea was that I could try all 3 rolls and keep my favorite, or hold off on selecting them until I get better rolls.

That Suros scout rifle looks awesome, too. I will probably hang onto it until I can finally pick up a Hung Jury.

deadduck

Firefly and massive stability, so no readjuating or waiting for it to settle between shots.

Avixph

If he had Sunspot on he would have lived and laughed at that Striker
This always causes a trade from what I've noticed. I killed same sunbreaker twice in a match with foh and both times the sunspot killed me after. Just can't win really.

Oh man, I didn't know that Suros DIS-43 was a good scout. Luckily I ordered one on my Titan. Just got to go pick it up from gunsmith.

PS-
Holy moly. For anyone that needs a break from DGAF and wants to venture to the OT side, there is an incredible thread going on about this insane story a stripper from Detroit posted on Twitter. I have seen some other DGAFers commenting on there. It is worth your time.

Kyne

This always causes a trade from what I've noticed. I killed same sunbreaker twice in a match with foh and both times the sunspot killed me after. Just can't win really.

Fighting a Sunbreaker, where the most you can hope for is a kill before your inevitable death.

E92 M3

Oh man, I didn't know that Suros DIS-43 was a good scout. Luckily I ordered one on my Titan. Just got to go pick it up from gunsmith.

PS-
Holy moly. For anyone that needs a break from DGAF and wants to venture to the OT side, there is an incredible thread going on about this insane story a stripper from Detroit posted on Twitter. I have seen some other DGAFers commenting on there. It is worth your time.

Yeah, it's an awesome story. Definitely a tweet turner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom