• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyne

Nah I would want to read the opinions of power players to understand what went right and what went wrong. Yeah some of the commentary might get a tad toxic but I'm sure dudes have thicker skin than we give them credit for.

oh I'm sure he's reading, he's just not responding. I can imagine the people quoting whatever he says and badgering him about HM drops.

Who knows, maybe this is exactly how they designed it and wanted it to play out. Sure some of us are pissed off but how many of you still bought the zombie dance and how many of you will still be here at the Destiny 2 launch. Their focus from a business perspective should be the opinion of the casual players, not the ones that have HM beat in a day. Probably chilling back reading the thread thinking: "DGAF is raging right now, right where we want them."

I don't think DGAF has been well receptive of a single HM since the dawn of Destiny (Forever29, buggy Crota, Skolas Burns, and now Forever 311.5).

don't misunderstand, I think I'm in the minority about not having an issue with HM drops. It's been a week. If everyone was running around with a 320 light level I'd be a little disappointed. I don't quite agree with getting NOTHING from doing a raid though.. I wish they added more drops and just lessened the chance of it being a higher light level. This way you could slowly build up the rest of your non-raid gear with fodder and begin to use things that complimented your play style in both PVP and PVE a little more.

so far I think they are doing a good job of their new business model. I definitely dropped $20 on silver even though I didn't have any kind of idea what I wanted. This game has provided me with probably a thousand hours of entertainment. I know things are slowing to a crawl now with all that's going on but to say that this expansion wasn't worth the $40 would be preposterous.

Bungie deserves my money.

flkraven

You can get glue from the blue bags that Eva gives you after you turn in the candy sack.

You do not have to spend any money at all.

Ah, so I've just been fucked by RNG then? atleast 15-20 bags and no glue. Glue is the new gjally

EDIT: But when I look at the bag, it's possible contents does not list glue...

You can get glue from the blue bags that Eva gives you after you turn in the candy sack.

You do not have to spend any money at all.
You cannot. Glue isn't listed as one of the possible contents. You can get glue from dismantling the original legendary mask you got, or randomly from the legendary quality goodie bags that Tess sells for cash.

So everyone can keep two masks forever, but if you want more than that, you have to open up that purse.

Edit: Lik, how rare? I've opened maybe 15 blue bags, never seen glue.

Rubenov

2f0.gif

General...

Lieutenant!

flkraven

You cannot. Glue isn't listed as one of the possible contents. You can get glue from dismantling the original legendary mask you got, or randomly from the legendary quality goodie bags that Tess sells for cash.

So everyone can keep two masks forever, but if you want more than that, you have to open up that purse

That's exactly what I was asking. It's bullshit that I can't grind out more. Thankfully it's just cosmetic, but I wish I knew this before doing all the quests and grinding masks.

stay gold

NM Oryx just gave me a raid helmet, raid auto rifle and a 310 Zhalo Supercell (no 3oC)

notbad.gif

Just need Golgo to stop giving me boots now, my chest piece is holding my LL down :(

darthbob

So everyone can keep two masks forever, but if you want more than that, you have to open up that purse.

Ah, you're right. I'm confused because I spent money on those Tess bags.

Yeah, so it looks like if you don't want to spend any money, the most you can get is two Legendary quality masks per character.

P44

oh I'm sure he's reading, he's just not responding. I can imagine the people quoting whatever he says and badgering him about HM drops.

don't misunderstand, I think I'm in the minority about not having an issue with HM drops. It's been a week. If everyone was running around with a 320 light level I'd be a little disappointed. I don't quite agree with getting NOTHING from doing a raid though.. I wish they added more drops and just lessened the chance of it being a higher light level. This way you could slowly build up the rest of your non-raid gear with fodder and begin to use things that complimented your play style in both PVP and PVE a little more.

so far I think they are doing a good job of their new business model. I definitely dropped $20 on silver even though I didn't have any kind of idea what I wanted. This game has provided me with probably a thousand hours of entertainment. I know things are slowing to a crawl now with all that's going on but to say that this expansion wasn't worth the $40 would be preposterous.

Bungie deserves my money.

HoW we hit the cap way way way way too easy, like people had capped within a few days. Halfway through the summer, the game devolved into a waiting game for TTK. PVP meta was going to get thrown out, no new meaningful content, existing stuff has been done to death. I jumped on for trials near the end to do one last flawless run before the break.

The expac has $40 worth of content, in my view (£40 I am not 100% sure, but I'm digressing). It doesn't stand up to what $40 in an MMO would get you content wise, but then I would argue that they don't stand up to Destiny's FPS play. If you play both PVE and PVP though, yeah, there's easily $40 of content in there, if not more.

Trials will keep me going again this time round and I've picked up Halo 5, so between the two I am sitting pretty for shitting away my time.

flkraven

A blue loot bag from Eva.

I s'pose it's possible that something might happen later if all of the quests are completed.

Yah the quests turned out to be bs. I just assumed blue masks could break down into glue and assumed my rng was bad. Sort of crappy how they did it. So legendary masks for sure give glue?

willow ve

They really need to update Prison of Elders.

Give matchmaking to all levels
Have enemies drop glimmer / experience / and engrams

Why play this otherwise?

They really need to update Prison of Elders.

Give matchmaking to all levels
Have enemies drop glimmer / experience / and engrams

Why play this otherwise?

Ooo, that reminds me, I need one level 34 and I'll have those Variks shaders finally...mayeb I can muster up two more peoples tonight

So....what's the point of level advantages enabled?

https://twitter.com/_mantis_/status/659783099115421696

I don't remember the exact math, but imagine like 1 point of damage less for every 4 light levels.

320 attacking a 320 would shoot a scout rifle that does 68 damage.
316 attacking a 320 would shoot a scout rifle that does 67 damage.
312 attacking a 320 would shoot a scout rifle that does 66 damage.
308 attacking a 320 would shoot a scout rifle that does 65 damage.
304 attacking a 320 would shoot a scout rifle that does 64 damage.
etc...

At some point that Scout rifle just dropped from a 3 shot kill to a 4 shot kill, which means a 25% increase in TTK.

Numbers aren't exact or anything, but that's the gist of it.

After all that waiting for The First Curse... gotta say its pretty mediocre.
Does shine with Gunslinger/Sealed Ahamkara Grasps though I wonder how other classes have taken to it.

Zw6wKxm.gif

My week in the crucible captured in gif form lol

Navy Bean

My last 3 full King's Fall raids (2 normal, 1 hard) have netted me virtually nothing to advance my level...including 2 oryx kills with only getting shards.

Then last night I ran HM and in one run received higher level:

Helmet
Gloves
Boots
Ghost
Class item
Sniper
Pulse

and Oryx threw in a 310 Truth for good measure.

Loot system is nutty in this game...

Geist-

So, this will be my first ToO. I'm thinking about using a Sunsinger, anyone know what exotic I should be using with it? HoPF? Or something else?

zewone

seems fine to me

light advantages should be more about preventing people from abusing year 1 guns and not rewarding people who got lucky in hard raid drops

It's been a problem since year 1 were light level was a joke. I don't think the laughable damage scale was introduced to stop people from using year 1 guns. that was just a byproduct.

FStop7

Banned
Is there a shrug emote? I want to put on the Cryptarch mask, stand in front of the real Cryptarch, and just do dumbass shrug emotes all day as guardians receive disappointing news.

Brawl96

After all that waiting for The First Curse... gotta say its pretty mediocre.
Does shine with Gunslinger/Sealed Ahamkara Grasps though I wonder how other classes have taken to it.

Zw6wKxm.gif

My week in the crucible captured in gif form lol

For that quest line do I need to get the kill sprees and precision kills with that white gun or any?

peetfeet

Myself and a friend would like to have a go at a normal raid from the start, I've done up to the sisters twice and he's done from golgoroth to the sisters once. Any patient raiders out there need two more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom