• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

So, this will be my first ToO. I'm thinking about using a Sunsinger, anyone know what exotic I should be using with it? HoPF? Or something else?

I don't know what Y2 stuff there is but I did a decent amount of Trials as Sunsinger and I'd say Voidfangs if there's a Y2 version of it? Having Firebolt on spawn and revive is really powerful. Don't know if they nerfed Firebolts or Voidfangs though.

LBN is okay too but obviously that's a shift from being more damage focus to support. Also, since other classes have equivalent exotics, you might not need to LBN. I didn't think HoPF Y1 is good for Trials but I don't like relying on Radiance much.

inthrall

I don't know what Y2 stuff there is but I did a decent amount of Trials as Sunsinger and I'd say Voidfangs if there's a Y2 version of it? Having Firebolt on spawn and revive is really powerful. Don't know if they nerfed Firebolts or Voidfangs though.

LBN is okay too but obviously that's a shift from being more damage focus to support. Also, since other classes have equivalent exotics, you might not need to LBN. I didn't think HoPF Y1 is good for Trials but I don't like relying on Radiance much.

I've been trialing the Y2 Voidfang, and it does a lot of work. Gives you a much scarier presence in every round, instead of only the supers round

So, this will be my first ToO. I'm thinking about using a Sunsinger, anyone know what exotic I should be using with it? HoPF? Or something else?

The Stag might be good...

Late reply but light beyond nemesis or Voidfang, The stag is terrible, you'd think it would be great for Trials but the perk doesn't work

Edit Just finished an Oryx run and we all got shards from the warpriest :d Got a 312 Doom from Oryx went to Infuse it and I have 2 weapon parts

catspit

Are any of the weapons the cubicle trader has for sale worth spending legendary marks on ? Or is it better to take a shot at a legendary primary weapon engram instead?

inthrall

"For those of you who can go the distance, we’ll be dropping endgame gear that will rival the Light of those Guardians who have been defeating Oryx in King’s Fall Hard Mode"

Ken

I've been trialing the Y2 Voidfang, and it does a lot of work. Gives you a much scarier presence in every round, instead of only the supers round

It's more that Firebolts are stupid and give you ridiculous corner control for how "fire and forget" they are.

what a load of shit nothing about raid loot and confirmation that they changed Trials to stop carries

PvP Sherpas were even conducting Lighthouse safaris for players who couldn’t get there under their own power.

What about average to sometimes good teams who got there under there own steam, they're fucking clueless

Edit and as predicted lighthouse gear will be 310-320

Wow that update was sparse. Only tidbit was lighthouse gear dropping at hard raid light levels which I take to mean we will go to the lighthouse and receive nothing. Kappa.

th3dude

My question about the update: they say that rewards will drop after games (sounds familiar a la Iron Banana?). But that didn't happen in IB as intended, and they in fact confirmed that ALL crucible drops were broken.

Are we expecting these drops to work as intended?

My question about the update: they say that rewards will drop after games (sounds familiar a la Iron Banana?). But that didn't happen in IB as intended, and they in fact confirmed that ALL crucible drops were broken.

Are we expecting these drops to work as intended?

Unless they hot fix something I'd assume rewards will remain broken. I guess we will see tomorrow.

Lol worse BWU than I expected. Thanks for repeating what we already know other than hard raid Oryx type drops.

No nightstalker fix or Sunbreaker nerf.

No raid fixes for nothing or crappy drops.

No challenge mode info.

Super sigh.

"For those of you who can go the distance, we’ll be dropping endgame gear that will rival the Light of those Guardians who have been defeating Oryx in King’s Fall Hard Mode"

So it will drop at 310 then or we'll get 2 mouldering shards for 9-0
Kappa.png

Tovarisc

PVE players were salty last time Trials was introduced with the Etheric Light distribution between PVE activities and flawless runs.

I don't mind if Trials gear is 310 to 320 with RNG rolls, but then it's fucking bullshit if Trials gear is guaranteed 320 gear when I have to keep praying RNGeesus for anything better than 311-312 shit.

GhaleonEB

what a load of shit nothing about raid loot and confirmation that they changed Trials to stop carries

PvP Sherpas were even conducting Lighthouse safaris for players who couldn’t get there under their own power.

What about average to sometimes good teams who got there under there own steam, they're fucking clueless

Edit and as predicted lighthouse gear will be 310-320

This is very selective quoting and outrage. They updated the system to be more competitive, a side effect of which is that carries will be harder.

Still doable, just gets average on harder the further you get. Makes those harder rewards actually harder

I know, it still pisses me off though, it's probably more to do with how there pissing away any good will they had

I get why people begged for carries but it did devalue it, I'll hold my hands up and my first one was but, I made the effort to get better and get there under my own steam. Guess I'll just have to try harder this time, or hope a Gaf team carries on playing to hand out free wins at final boss :p

This is very selective quoting and outrage. They updated the system to be more competitive, a side effect of which is that carries will be harder.

They said at the time they weren't happy about it as you had people doing if for cash, I'll try to dig out the quotes in the morning

Shito

Just got my first exotic sword (see how laid back and playing more casual than before I am ^^) with a friend who also needed the void one and my girlfriend.
She was 280 when we started, so it took us quiiiiiite a bit of time, and we wiped 2 or 3 times on the boss before we managed to secure the run (was only really difficult on the last adds wave -- so many exploder thralls!), but it was a really nice feeling to finally get this done! Apart from the shrieker room, I really love this strike -- it's hard but fair in the highest difficulty modes.
We then did the NF (waaay easier), and I got a 290 mask of the third man while they both got a 307 legendary drop they needed (ghost and machine gun)... RNGesus ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Agent

Does anyone need to do Sunless Cell for the Exotic Sword quest (I have Void)? I've been matched up two times in a row with idiots who kill their warden then kill the boss before all wardens are down. Or, they kill the boss before any wardens. Idiots. I really have no patience for the general Destiny population.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Are any of the weapons the cubicle trader has for sale worth spending legendary marks on ? Or is it better to take a shot at a legendary primary weapon engram instead?

If you're shopping for tower weapons, I recommend hung jury from dead orbit, 1000 yard stare from vanguard and the variable from FWC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom