• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve seen a good bit of discussion on making the year 1 raids relevant. I had a few thoughts on the matter.

New Vendor - The Historian
The Historian would be interested in researching relics of the golden age and recording the triumphs of guardians. This vendor would reforge year 1 raid weapons for a a fee of marks plus year one materials (ascendant shards, radiant shards, etc). The reforge would completely rebalance the weapons to keep them from being OP as they were in year 1. This vendor would give people a reason to run the raids again and would give purpose to the old materials. This vendor would be accompanied by a kiosk for these reforged weapons. The vendor could even offer weekly raid related bounties with marks for rewards. Additionally the vendor could accompany an updated difficulty setting for each raid.

Too get even more disappointed with drops? :p

Not just more disappointed: DOUBLE disappointed.

Just wondering, why are waiting until Friday to do KF NM? Does the loot table get better? Or you can't do HM if you've already done NM?

Like Sai-kun said you get double loot drops when doing HM without having done NM. HM drops can go up to 320 Light so I'd rather take my chances there since my main is already 309. They did say mouldering shards can drop in HM if you haven't cleared NM but I'm hoping/assuming it'll still be better overall.

There's no vertical progression left for me in NM and I need as many 310+ drops as possible getting to Oryx who'll be 320.

I do need a group for Friday. I'll be ruining as a 309 Titan >_>

Won't get many teammates with that attitude Kappa

I'll get you right now

what I can do for you guys is give you a CP for the atheon its the least I can do but you're gonna have to leave my fireteam soon after getting it..I already have 4 other dudes plus Hoho for breakfast so thats 6...so Im gonna run it with them....you guys cool with getting a CP? Beats doing the whole tedious raid.

A checkpoint would be just as good for me. My psn is Slammin_hammon.

Shiv47

Oh sorry I wasn't clear, I did the Paradox mission, got the 3 ghosts and turned in the one ghost to FWC. Then I repped them up with 75 motes and still nothing? Do I just have to check back tomorrow ?

We don't know, could be tomorrow, could be next time Paradox is the daily. I'm waiting as well.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Posting for new page...

I'll join but I've never done it. PSN jen867530nine
I'll get you right now

Are you willing to take people who have never done it before? I know I'm not the only poster trying to find help with this.

If you still have room I'd like to join.
what I can do for you guys is give you a CP for the atheon its the least I can do but you're gonna have to leave my fireteam soon after getting it..I already have 4 other dudes plus Hoho for breakfast so thats 6...so Im gonna run it with them....you guys cool with getting a CP? Beats doing the whole tedious raid.,,PSN Godless_Pagan...come get your CP's!!

the21O

Neo Member
Posting for new page...

I'll get you right now

what I can do for you guys is give you a CP for the atheon its the least I can do but you're gonna have to leave my fireteam soon after getting it..I already have 4 other dudes plus Hoho for breakfast so thats 6...so Im gonna run it with them....you guys cool with getting a CP? Beats doing the whole tedious raid.,,PSN Godless_Pagan...come get your CP's!!

That works for me as well PSN THE210

Arrrammis

Does anyone think they changed how loot works in Hard mode raid?

Before it was wise to not do normal mode before hard mode because then you'd get more drops in hard mode.

However the daily fix says this:

"Moldering Shards can drop in King's Fall Hard Mode, but only if a character hasn't cleared King's Fall Normal for the week"

Does that mean we're only getting moldering shards in hard mode as the extra drops?

From what I understand, Normal and Hard have seperate loot tables. If you do hard first, you get normal loot table drops(shards+300-310 stuff) and hard loot table drops(310-320 stuff + ???) , hence why you get shards if you haven't done normal yet. Based on this, I still don't think you'll be able to get double Hard loot table drops.

I'll get you right now

what I can do for you guys is give you a CP for the atheon its the least I can do but you're gonna have to leave my fireteam soon after getting it..I already have 4 other dudes plus Hoho for breakfast so thats 6...so Im gonna run it with them....you guys cool with getting a CP? Beats doing the whole tedious raid.

Can I grab the CP?

It's poorly worded.

I hope it's Shards can drop in Hard Mode meaning as part of the Normal loot table if you didn't complete normal. And there are no shard drops as part of Hard Mode loot table.

Frenden

Banned
Can I get a hand on Fear's Embrace?

I'm planning on doing the doorway strat--I've helped a half dozen people do it but fiiiiinally stopped dragging ass and finished Taken War: Mars myself.

PSN, FRENDEN.

It's poorly worded.

I hope it's Shards can drop in Hard Mode meaning as part of the Normal loot table if you didn't complete normal. And there are no shard drops as part of Hard Mode loot table.

I wish I would've known this I would have ran a Raid with my friends on my Hunter first and wait for my Titan and Warlock did it on my Warlock, maybe its for the best. Kappa :p

From what I understand, Normal and Hard have seperate loot tables. If you do hard first, you get normal loot table drops(shards+300-310 stuff) and hard loot table drops(310-320 stuff + ???) , hence why you get shards if you haven't done normal yet. Based on this, I still don't think you'll be able to get double Hard loot table drops.

Yeah this is my best guess as well since you can get shards and their phrasing of "HM drops gear up to 320 Light" left room for 300-320. Of course nobody knows for sure yet since they didn't give nearly enough details, as per usual.

but, but but Fun Run!

:)

Haha I know. I need to PM Scarlet back but I wasn't totally sure if I'd raid NM at all this week. Like I posted above I don't think it'll matter but there's also no reason to risk it, at least on my main. I only really care about optimizing that first blind run, once that's over I won't care so much. It would suck to miss out on chances for 320 gear but honestly who cares outside of our initial blind run.

I was sad to miss out last week so I might as well run my Warlock tomorrow. It'll be a good comparison with my other characters for HM drops.

Obviously Blind Hard Mode King's Fall!
Friday, 10am Pacific / 1pm Eastern (Release)
PlayStation 4

1) xplicitone
2) RadicalVelocity (need confirmation)
3) Vincent Alexander (need confirmation. PSN?)
4)
5)
6)

307-309 will be fine to start. Besides, 310 is impossible without insane sweet-baby-RNGsus luck. The problem is that at least Oryx (maybe earlier) will be 320 Light. So you have to pray for high Light drops during the raid or else the damage scaling will be severe. High light weapons are especially important because both your overall Light and each specific weapon's Light contribute to the damage it does.

Waiting for Friday yo.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I am confident with double drops my Warlock will be fine. I HOPE I can squeak out HM completions with my alts this weekend too.

I’ve seen a good bit of discussion on making the year 1 raids relevant. I had a few thoughts on the matter.

New Vendor - The Historian
The Historian would be interested in researching relics of the golden age and recording the triumphs of guardians. This vendor would reforge year 1 raid weapons for a a fee of marks plus year one materials (ascendant shards, radiant shards, etc). The reforge would completely rebalance the weapons to keep them from being OP as they were in year 1. This vendor would give people a reason to run the raids again and would give purpose to the old materials. This vendor would be accompanied by a kiosk for these reforged weapons. The vendor could even offer weekly raid related bounties with marks for rewards. Additionally the vendor could accompany an updated difficulty setting for each raid.

These are good ideas and I think some stuff like harder difficulties or bounties could happen eventually (kinda already did with the exotic quest today). The only problem with the vendor reforging is that it would be the 3rd time people would grind for the same gear (at launch, then in HoW due to Etheric Light, then again for that).

I really wish they had added a raid gear kiosk along with all the kiosks precisely because of this. I've still got all my VoG stuff and a little Crota stuff but they can't keep telling us gear is obsolete ("frozen in time") then changing their minds. I assume many people have deleted ~all Year 1 stuff by now, and our vaults will only get more cramped with Heroic KF and Trials.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
once again thanx jen867530nine aka hoho for breakfast and sh0k. That was quick and easy...now to get the exotic!!

Here are some of my Destiny Wants for the future:

-PvP Custom Games
-Remap all d pad emotes
-History of recent transactions/dismantles with the ability to undo.
-Planetary mats including hadium flakes to go to the postmaster when full
-Sunbreakers nerfed for PvP
-HCs buffed
-Shotguns nerfed a little more for pvp
-Shotguns for PvE buffed to either 137.5% or 150% original. It's currently at 110% original. (it was 200% pre weapons 2.0)
-pvp Spawns fixed especially on new maps
-In the director screen, The ability to see which people on your friends list is at that particular activity instead of just the number of people.
-Raid rewards buffed. No 300 light should be given. Also, i think 20 shards should turn into something 90% of the time. I've gotten shards back 90% of the time, instead.
-A notification on screen when you've hit glimmer cap. Maybe a notification when approaching that cap as well. Like they have notifications on the bottom when someone leaves/joins your fireteam.
-Be able to order friends list by Name / solo / in a fireteam with open spaces / etc.
-VEHICLES! VEHICLE COMBAT!

BraXzy

Screw this game!!! Seriously >.<

That must be the 8th run I've done that hasn't dropped me anything above 303...

Legs that I desperately need? 300
Cloak that could do with upgrading? 303
Fusion Rifle? 300
Scout rifle? 300

It's becoming a joke now, I'm gonna scrape through hard mode first time unless I get crazy drops right at the start.

These are good ideas and I think some stuff like harder difficulties or bounties could happen eventually (kinda already did with the exotic quest today). The only problem with the vendor reforging is that it would be the 3rd time people would grind for the same gear (at launch, then in HoW due to Etheric Light, then again for that).

I really wish they had added a raid gear kiosk along with all the kiosks precisely because of this. I've still got all my VoG stuff and a little Crota stuff but they can't keep telling us gear is obsolete ("frozen in time") then changing their minds. I assume many people have deleted ~all Year 1 stuff by now, and our vaults will only get more cramped with Heroic KF and Trials.

Thank you for reading that! I agree with you that regrinding would be annoying. Perhaps they could simply let you purchase year two versions for marks based off of what you had in the past (assuming they can track deleted items)? That way it could work like the year two kiosk. It would give some an incentive to grind the raid and this with complete sets they previously dismantled the chance to purchase new versions for marks.

once again thanx jen867530nine aka hoho for breakfast and sh0k. That was quick and easy...now to get the exotic!!

Noooo thank you for that checkpoint. You guys made it easy. It was over and I was thinking...that's it?? Plus at least for now I have a new exotic to look forward to in this damn game.

Screw this game!!! Seriously >.<

That must be the 8th run I've done that hasn't dropped me anything above 303...

Legs that I desperately need? 300
Cloak that could do with upgrading? 303
Fusion Rifle? 300
Scout rifle? 300

It's becoming a joke now, I'm gonna scrape through hard mode first time unless I get crazy drops right at the start.
Hey man at least you got to 300. I'm in the same boat but forever 299.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom