• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaaz

Thanks everyone who came and helped. We got the daughters, but with the disorganization we weren't going to stand a chance on Oryx. Still appreciate the help! :)

Grab it off me before I head to bed. ID: Ozone31

Joining you for Atheon CP Ozone. Thanks!

If you want some help with Oryx HM tomorrow, I'll be happy to help.

Zocano

Running the legacy strike list is actually enjoyable

weird how that works when you've got 15 strikes to choose instead of 7

Xur pls bring helm engrams ):

GutZ31

Game isn't showing my character but a giant version of whatever boots I'm wearing. What.

Lu1i5dc.png
Nice Boot.

Ozone

Joining you for Atheon CP Ozone. Thanks!
Glad to help.

But for reals, I'm going to bed now. I have a head cold that is kicking my ass. :(

RE: HM Oryx tomorrow, I'm sure I'll be posting to form a group in here. If you're around, I would appreciate the help!

SharkJAW

Is there a list of places/events that could drop hawk moon? I'm fine with getting a year 1 version because I can save up marks over the next few days to upgrade. Thanks in advance.

Dante316

Oh yea forgot to share an interesting glitch during the Warpriest fight.

I was on the middle platform and as soon i got the buff, I died and it didn't transfer to anyone. We were like who has the buff??? Apparently no one got the buff and when I was revived in 30 seconds I had the buff. Was pretty interesting 1 minute.

lt519

Another disappointing Oryx night. One team extremely close multiple times including a 1% failure with only 4 people left alive (my fault for dying!).

The fight is just so strict and taxing, not sure its worth it for the helmet and primary which in the end only contribute up to 2 light levels. Some nights it takes 4 hours and I'm on fire and don't die a single time and other nights like tonight I scrub it up and choke at inopportune times. It just takes so long to get a team of 6 clicking and even when you do it is just so easy for one person to mistime a jump and screw the whole thing up or spawn into the shadow realm as the echo is swiping. It's a bit harsh at these 309-311 light levels.

catspit

What are good perks for 1000 yard stare? The vendor one has triple tap, stability and mulligan right now...._
Should i buy that or just get the one from the quest

gatti-man

So Bonus Taken Damage is good, I like it, but for good teams for most of the raid your fighting Hive.

All of the bosses are Hive so you never get the bonus damage.

If you can pro mode WP then you never see Taken.
And if you pro mode Golgi then you only see taken for a brief second.

And then at Daughters and Oryx you are mainly running ToM with the blessing bubble or aura protection so you never really benefit from the bonus taken damage there either. And the Oryx phantom isn't taken either...

So whatever the benefits of 10% bonus damage to Taken is you still don't see it much in the Raid.

Conclusion: I'm gonna start infusing my 306 Hung Jury instead.

Conclusion, you don't use a primary much except at the end and that is touch of malice. Nothing is consequential in hard mode besides the oryx fight. The rest is a total cake walk.

Another disappointing Oryx night. One team extremely close multiple times including a 1% failure with only 4 people left alive (my fault for dying!).

The fight is just so strict and taxing, not sure its worth it for the helmet and primary which in the end only contribute up to 2 light levels. Some nights it takes 4 hours and I'm on fire and don't die a single time and other nights like tonight I scrub it up and choke at inopportune times. It just takes so long to get a team of 6 clicking and even when you do it is just so easy for one person to mistime a jump and screw the whole thing up or spawn into the shadow realm as the echo is swiping. It's a bit harsh at these 309-311 light levels.
Oryx HM is actually very easy but you need 6 people who all know what to do. It will get easier with higher light levels but I've done it with 307s and 308s

My advice is if your group keeps dying to let it go and find another group. In my experience with this raid there are some people that just can't stop dying. Whether it's not crouching on the platforms or messing up during bombs or not jumping when they get teleported into the shade etc. lots of one mistake kills in oryx HM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom