• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

zewone

So I handed the shell to Lakshmi and ranked up from 3 to 4 and didnt get the quest line. Do I need to be rank 5?
You have to wait. She'll give you a quest telling you to rank up from donations.

It might be a day or a few weeks. But probably tomorrow.

Kyne

You don't seem very sorry. :p

They diluted the loot table with these ghosts.

that's because I'm not sorry. Listening to the 1% complaining about their 307's is a little hard to do.

it's like listening to the rich complaining about all their money.

Why would 310 Ghosts be such a bad thing?

Homeboyd

NF - 34 coins and a 302 legendary chest total for my 3 runs.

Weekly PvP - 299 ghost

These new drops are trash.
Dude I got:

- 293 sidearm gloves
- 293 byronic hero hand cannon
- 304 chest (literally the only piece I didn't need for that character)

Pls fix nightfall!

Honestly I don't get the hubbub over Nightfall.

Most of the complaints I'm seeing, are from people who raid and have probably gotten higher level gear. nightfall is great for people who haven't had an opportunity to raid, nightfall right now post patch serves as a conduit to filling in the blanks so to speak.

I did get a pretty baller Tread Upon Stars from the NF with the enhanced drop. Now I just need Undying Mind to be NF to get a Fatebringer roll. Since it's worth using regardless of arc element or not.

No way bro, FBringer was only good in VoG and CE because of all those Arc shields. Oh wait, there are 0 arc shields in those raids....

Only raid arc shield I can think of is Taken Centurion during KF unless I'm spacing something.

Can someone please give me an Atheon checkpoint?

I can hop online and load it if you still need it.

zewone

that's because I'm not sorry. Listening to the 1% complaining about their 307's is a little hard to do.

it's like listening to the rich complaining about all their money.

Why would 310 Ghosts be such a bad thing?

Well, because it's not 310 ghost. It was 299.

If it was a 310 ghost, that's cool. But then every ghost after that would be an absolute waste.

And 310 ghost will be lower tier by Friday.

If you have a 320 ghost what are you going to do with 290+ ghosts? It's pretty bad.

No way bro, FBringer was only good in VoG and CE because of all those Arc shields. Oh wait, there are 0 arc shields in those raids....

Only raid arc shield I can think of is Taken Centurion during KF unless I'm spacing something.

I can hop online and load it if you still need it.

Yes I still need it thanks! PSN is StrongBlackvine9.

ll_J0N_ll

You got the ghosts without me! :(

I think you may need to wait for reset, like the SS quest.

Busted! Lol. Not sure if I can get on tonight so was doing as much as I could before I could hitch a ride to Atheon. If you get there tonight could you save me a CP? Pretty please...

Most likely next time paradox comes around. Is the gun OP at all, or just fun. Will it be an advantage for HM or Trials?

Definitely fun but not OP for PvE or PvP.

PvE: Sure it's a "primary black hammer" but DPS is way too low plus it occupies exotic spot. Raid boss damage windows always have limited time, you can't keep plugging away at Golgi's tummy forever even if you had the ammo. Snipers still DPS Kings.

PvP: Lacks compelling stability and range perks so it'll get outgunned by well-rolled legendaries. Exotic perk is less valuable than Red Death and Bad Juju for serious PvP, especially 3v3. Could be really strong in 6v6 but still nothing OP.

It seems really good, well worth getting. But not a game changer.

RdN

Nightfall results:

Warlock: 306 Boots
Titan: 307 Chest
Hunter 309 Ghost

I'm overall happy. The ghost is the only thing that's actually going to get used, but the others are high level drops which should help most of the population.

Seems like overall the nightfall drops improved. Of course some people will get some bad stuff and some might have bad luck 3 times in a row, but I see a lot getting > 300 items. But getting 300+ light will be awesome. I'll take any 300+ light heavy and be stoked.

adin75

Busted! Lol. Not sure if I can get on tonight so was doing as much as I could before I could hitch a ride to Atheon. If you get there tonight could you save me a CP? Pretty please...

I won't have time to chase the ghosts after work so have no need for Atheon. I'll have to wait for next time.

It's Deej worded.

I hope it's Shards can drop in Hard Mode meaning as part of the Normal loot table if you didn't complete normal. And there are no shard drops as part of Hard Mode loot table.

FTFY, why are they so incapable of making things clear instead of putting out ambiguous updates/weeklies

My 3 nightfalls:

290 Titan Exotic Helm that grants a 2nd Trex melee. Edit: an insurmountable skullfort
302 Patience & Fodder Fusion Rifle
309 Warlock Chest! My 2 raid chest were 300 and 303 so heck yes!

I'm satisfied. I have plenty of Special Weapon fodders but the opportunity is there!

Yeah, psn biggy70686

Thanks for the run hawkian and xplictone!

Not bad!

1 more NF, join up on meeeee

Thanks guys! I was on my Vita while lying in bed so sorry I couldn't talk :p

You have chosen... wisely.

That's the idea ;) Subtitle is a link to the Kotaku article.

Figured it was good timing with the exotic quest opening today, plus I wasn't dying to have a title referencing the shadowshot cheat. Sooner we can forget that, the better.

Funny that we had this short conversation, because the first chest I opened tonight happened to have blueprints in it! Hah.

Well, my phone is at 1% and is about to die like the last 20 or so minutes of this thread, so now I'm forced to sleep. Can't wait to wake up and catch up on the thread during breakfast!

Yes, I'm lazy to charge my phone.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So, last week's NFs:

294 gloves (on my Titan wearing 294 gloves)
293 helm (on my Warlock weraing a 310 helm)
10 Strange Coins

This week
306 gloves (on my Warlock wearing 294 gloves)
303 helm (on my Titan wearing a 298 helm)
12 Three of Coins

Generally speaking the rewards are obviously improved. though Nightfalls aren't "fixed." It's clear from the effects of this patch that Nightfalls in their current state are actually intended to be a potential avenue of progression, giving you a weekly shot at replacing a slot that's holding you back without needing to raid or luck into a 310 engram Exotic.

This is good but it can't be the sole reason for running a weekly Nightfall per character. For one thing, it's still completely within the spread of probabilities to get an item that is of no use as a vertical upgrade nor of any other value to the player, making the effective reward a total of 3 marks or an Exotic Shard.

The main factor lacking is some kind of guaranteed reward, regardless of what you get from the RNG loot roll. In other words, there should be a reason to run it no matter who you are; even if you get wholly screwed by RNG, there's something that provides a benefit in the end anyway. This of course was formerly represented by the Radiant Light XP/Rep bonus buff. I'll link to my proposed solution in this vein.

Anyway, so it goes.

Coins

Banned
Hope someone can give me some advice. Was doing the daily for the three ghosts. I fell after getting the third ghost. I spawned on the ledge away from the jumping platforms. Is there anyway for me to get back to the portal to finish this quest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom