• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klyka

Banned
pretty annoying. I only have 27 coins this week. I used up the rest on 3oC last weekend. sigh

"Xur never sells anything good! Spend all your money on 3oC!"

*Friday comes around*

"OMG Why did I spend all my coins on 3oC!!!???"

maxresdefault.jpg

Mowgli

Banned
Good time to have stange coins. Definitely down for the graviton and Zhalo hoping I have enough infuse juice to get them to comparable levels.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Been wanting a Graviton. Just wish I had the void flayer mantle. It's the only one I didn't get from farming last week.

Same here. I've been farming the normal version of Dust Palace but so many people kill Void first or second. Wish we could do strikes privately.

Just to check - I think you have to be 311 when decrypting for them to be guaranteed to drop at 310

Oh yeah thanks for reminding me.

Well now that I can buy the Graviton I finally have all the currently available exotics in the game. Well besides the Class items, but those might as well not count.
I guess I just buy a ton of 3oC now so I can use them to infuse what I have.
Fun.

And for the record, I really don't care about any of the new exotic pieces. Some of them look cool, but their exotic perks are just lazy as hell. Landfall, pyre, shade step. Other random shit. Whatever.

I have a vault full of exotics that I'm waiting until I finally get to 300 before I decrypt. They'll probably all turn into Zhalo's. :'(

Currently stuck at about 299.8 light.

Yikes. I'm at 299.2 in a similar sitch and was kinda hoping I'd be 300 before Xur leaves so I can decrypt the engrams I'm hoarding before I drop coins on the ones he's selling.

maomaoIYP

And for the record, I really don't care about any of the new exotic pieces. Some of them look cool, but their exotic perks are just lazy as hell. Landfall, pyre, shade step. Other random shit. Whatever.
Dude, those are the best exotics for the new subclasses, I find it hard not to like them. It's hardly random at all!

Deku Tree

My Hunter has completed five NM KF and two HM KF for loot (and six Golgi NM KF for loot) and I've never seen Hunter boots drop. The only reason I have 309 Hunter boots is infusion.

#smartloot

BTW

Warlock 313. (My main lol)
Hunter 314
Titan 314

Mupod

Well now that I can buy the Graviton I finally have all the currently available exotics in the game. Well besides the Class items, but those might as well not count.
I guess I just buy a ton of 3oC now so I can use them to infuse what I have.
Fun.

Alchemist Raiment looks boring but combined with Tlaloc makes playing a sunsinger in hard PVE content a lot more interesting. Grenades and melee for days, plus being able to regen hp on demand if there's enough orbs around and you have the correct helmet. More melee energy means more orb generation from melee kills.

Stag looked like a must-have for Trials at first but I dunno now. The super regen bonus is barely noticeable and the overshield is extremely rare/brief. Might stick to Claws instead for double melee which might come in handy when Radiance finally gets used.

Dude, those are the best exotics for the new subclasses, I find it hard not to like them. It's hardly random at all!
But it's already there. You can use shade step without wearing the exotic. The other 2 perks aren't really good compared to shade step either.
I like exotics to have perks you can't get anywhere else like the Nighthawk, Helm of Saint 14, or the Obsidian Mind. You have to wear them to get a completely new perk. And they're useful on top of that.

today's Legacy Special Engrams gave me my two missing PoE weapons (Dreg's Promiss and Queebreaker's Bow)

it's sad that such weapons don't have year 2 versions because Lord of Wolves didn't get have enough weeks to shine before Year 2 rolled around. I was rocking Lord of Wolves in PvE during the latter weeks

I don't have enough coins to get Fourth Horseman :(

Alchemist Raiment looks boring but combined with Tlaloc makes playing a sunsinger in hard PVE content a lot more interesting. Grenades and melee for days, plus being able to regen hp on demand if there's enough orbs around and you have the correct helmet. More melee energy means more orb generation from melee kills.

Stag looked like a must-have for Trials at first but I dunno now. The super regen bonus is barely noticeable and the overshield is extremely rare/brief. Might stick to Claws instead for double melee which might come in handy when Radiance finally gets used.
I like Raiment because you can pick between extra special and heavy ammo, it doesn't have to be a specific type.
And whether it works or not, getting extra glimmer is nice too.
What sucks about it is that it picks up every orb even if your melee and grenade are full. It's kind of a waste sometimes.

E92 M3

I love my Elite controller on the X1. Jump to left paddle, slide to lower right and reload is upper right. Once they get back in stock, everyone on the Xbox should buy one. It 100% feels like a premium product.

EL CUCO

My Hunter has completed five NM KF and two HM KF for loot (and six Golgi NM KF for loot) and I've never seen Hunter boots drop. The only reason I have 309 Hunter boots is infusion.

#smartloot

BTW

Warlock 313. (My main lol)
Hunter 314
Titan 314
I dont even know who I'd considered my "main" anymore. It's all about survival of the fittest luckiest at this point lol

Future

But it's already there. You can use shade step without wearing the exotic. The other 2 perks aren't really good compared to shade step either.
I like exotics to have perks you can't get anywhere else like the Nighthawk, Helm of Saint 14, or the Obsidian Mind. You have to wear them to get a completely new perk. And they're useful on top of that.

In PvP the hunter mark perk is gold. That plus shade step = diamonds

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

Yeah I noticed that. I would love a piece of gear for Hunters which offered Black Hole or Blood Bound. Using those together would be so fun.

wow, they give you PoE drops? that's worth it if I don't need to play PoE.

Yea, I think this was known.
The first one gave me Dreg's Promise, which I didn't have.
Was hoping for the bow with the second, or even 4th horseman (I only have the Y2 one), but I guess even the expensive-ass legacy engrams still have some amount of RNG.

LiK

Yea, I think this was known.
The first one gave me Dreg's Promise, which I didn't have.
Was hoping for the bow with the second, or even 4th horseman (I only have the Y2 one), but I guess even the expensive-ass legacy engrams still have some amount of RNG.

that's cool, I didn't know it gave you basically any exotics you didn't have from year 1 including from PoE.

Pics_nao

Earlier this week I grinded out exotic engrams and finally got the two I wanted. The Zhalo (twice even) and the Graviton (which I got last night). I wake up and see that Xur is selling both of those.

My anger has peaked to the point where I can no longer feel it.

I did get a Red Death from PoE last night that gives me the Y2 version though so it kinda works itself out.

that's cool, I didn't know it gave you basically any exotics you didn't have from year 1 including from PoE.

I think only the Mythoclast and Necrochasm (damn it!) are off the table, for fairly obvious reasons.
Ironically, I will have to grind PoE later for more coins. Maybe I'll get lucky and get the bow from the big chest, lol.

lt519

Wasn't planning on playing much Destiny this weekend but now I think I actually have to grind for 10 strange coins for that supercell...

Jinjo

Got that warlock chest piece and some coins, cool.

Thanks for helping us yesterday btw! We smoothed out the strat with you and we killed Oryx like within two tries after you left lol.

Just don't ask us if we got worthwhile loot :(

If I were to use 3oC in PoE or some mission that came prior to TTK, would it drop Y1 exotic engrams?
Nope, only Y2 engrams drop from 3oC. It doesn't matter where they drop.

Many people farmed 34 PoE for the three ultras plus a chance to earn back coins and Draksis/Shrine of Oryx/Gatelord because of this.

willow ve

This exotic sword strike is a pain in the ass - can't find a match on Xbox One and then when people do join they're all looking for the other sword elements.

noomi

Thanks for helping us yesterday btw! We smoothed out the strat with you and we killed Oryx like within two tries after you left lol.

Just don't ask us if we got worthwhile loot :(

Ah nice, glad you guys got it. ;)

Sorry for not sticking it out with you guys, I only had a little while to stay on and wanted to get some pvp in while I had the time.

Yeah... HM loot can be... disappointing

Carbonox

today's Legacy Special Engrams gave me my two missing PoE weapons (Dreg's Promiss and Queebreaker's Bow)

it's sad that such weapons don't have year 2 versions because Lord of Wolves didn't get have enough weeks to shine before Year 2 rolled around. I was rocking Lord of Wolves in PvE during the latter weeks

I don't have enough coins to get Fourth Horseman :(

I agree on the House of Wolves. Feels like its PoE and gear became obsolete far too quickly and needed more time.

I would love for Bungie to do special events each month that remix old content (PoE, VoG, CE, etc.) for a chance to get a Y2 version of a weapon/armor. To prevent it being far too easy to farm Y2 Fatebringers, etc. you would only get one single item from the reward list and each month it would be a different event in a cycle. I'd give anything to have the CE Warlock armor set be relevant again. From a fashion perspective it's the most badass armor set in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom