• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder_ur

I don't understand how these two things relate exactly, from the weekly update:

-Winning teams now receive Trials gear rewards directly at the end-of-match completion
-Trials gear can be purchased from Brother Vance (including some items found at the Lighthouse)

Is it like IB where you can get the drop but if you don't get it you can to go Vance for it? Or are the end of game drops a different, lower level set like they were during Trials before (i.e. Watchers vest vs Vest of Exile)?

Deku Tree

That would suck for the people that make it to the lighthouse but want to keep playing for better drops/rolls.

But judging by the last IB, end of match rewards will probably be broken anyway.

I thought you already only got the guaranteed at a certain number of wins end of match rewards once. That's what I was referring to.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I can use 3C on POE28?

I already did Nightfall :(

You sure can. I was grinding it out a few weeks back for the House of Judgment rank 3 so decided to use 3oC. I came away with 5 exotic drops after playing all day. Most people are level 40 - 300+ as well so you can get through them pretty quick especially if you use a sword and a Sleeper Simulant will take down the bosses under a minute.

I can use 3C on POE28?

I already did Nightfall :(
Just got a chest engram (my fifth in a row) off the PoE 28 boss. And a whole 2 strange coins from the chests. Still, it was quick and fun.
I don't understand how these two things relate exactly, from the weekly update:

Is it like IB where you can get the drop but if you don't get it you can to go Vance for it? Or are the end of game drops a different, lower level set like they were during Trials before (i.e. Watchers vest vs Vest of Exile)?
It really sounds like the packages will drop from your set number of wins in the reward screen, just like before except not visiting Brother Vance. Then we'll also be able to buy the items using marks, like IB, if we have the right amount of wins. If it's all RNG like IB then %&$ this.

noomi

Just got a chest engram (my fifth in a row) off the PoE 28 boss. And a whole 2 strange coins from the chests. Still, it was quick and fun.

It really sounds like the packages will drop from your set number of wins in the reward screen, just like before except not visiting Brother Vance. Then we'll also be able to buy the items using marks, like IB, if we have the right amount of wins. If it's all RNG like IB then %&$ this.

Yo, what time are you going to be on today?

I thought you already only got the guaranteed at a certain number of wins end of match rewards once. That's what I was referring to.

I assumed it would work like IB. Not sure why they'd put the armor on Bro Vance if it's guaranteed at a certain # of wins already. Maybe its stuff like class items or emblems. /shrug

Carbonox

Am I correct in assuming that you will now have 3 routes to get really good (say post-300) drops in ToO? Before it was a case of going to Mercury or getting the best package from the dude in The Reef. Now we have a chance of getting equivalent stuff at the end of any given match?

I think it's way too big for this IMO (but it's likely to be the one). Very noticeable in the Heavy Rounds.

Cathedrals way to big, Dungeons seems like the best shout so it will probably be cauldron :p

Am I correct in assuming that you will now have 3 routes to get really good (say post-300) drops in ToO? Before it was a case of going to Mercury or getting the best package from the dude in The Reef. Now we have a chance of getting equivalent stuff at the end of any given match?

No one knows, as usual it's ambiguously worded by Bungie. if I was to guess you'll get the reward at the appropriate level of wins

Mupod

Red death does not drop from engrams i think. Somenody said as much here.

regular engrams sure, but why wouldn't it drop from the legacy ones?

I really, really don't have time to run old raids so it's probably my only chance of getting a Red Death.

impossible to know for sure until people start actually doing it. You can't trust anything Bungie says regarding itemization in TTK, and they were EXTRA vague this time aorund. I bet the same 'bug' that prevented IB from dropping anything will still be in full effect.

Navy Bean

Biggest issue with the new Trials system will be increased Lag IMO. Before, you had an occasional bad match, but if they MM by record first instead of connection then it will be more like regular crucible and/or IB...which would be a mess.

Sounds like you just get the Silver package after the 6th win, instead of going back to the reef and turning it in, then you get the Gold package after the 8th win. Those are also unlocked back at the reef if you want to buy more from BV just like they used to be after picking up the package.

Deku Tree

I assumed it would work like IB. Not sure why they'd put the armor on Bro Vance if it's guaranteed at a certain # of wins already. Maybe its stuff like class items or emblems. /shrug

I thought I read that in some info that bungie put out somewhere… Not sure where though.

Trials map will be Pastrami's Palace. Get yo' hot wingz ready.

hZwXBDZ.gif

HigXx

So to finish off my year 1 weapon collection I just need 2 of the PoE weapons.

But the Elder Cipher doesnt exist anymore does it? Im sure I read that opening the PoE chest would give you them but im assuming it"ll be the Skolas chest only?

Or would buying a legacy engram from Xur today give me them?

But the Elder Cipher doesnt exist anymore does it? Im sure I read that opening the PoE chest would give you them but im assuming it"ll be the Skolas chest only?

My friend was trying to get 4th Horsemen from Xur's engram today and he got the Lord of Wolves. They can also drop out of the PoE chest.

Deku Tree

Yeah the big chest can drop the PoE exotics via RNG. Honestly not worth it.
Not sure if Skolas only or both level 34 and level 35. Probably a higher chance at 35 anyway.
Also Skolasnis easy now with over leveling, and you can block the whole mechanic of the fight with a sword shield.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

Someone got Lord of Wolves earlier from a legacy engram.

Shito

The only Y1 exotic I'm missing is Dreg's Promise. I assume a legacy engram will give it to me? No RNG bullshit.
I don't think so, I think you can only get it by using keys in the prisons... :/
I'm missing this one and the bow, but couldn't be bothered to chase them down.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
The only Y1 exotic I'm missing is Dreg's Promise. I assume a legacy engram will give it to me? No RNG bullshit.

I'm in the same boat. For collectors sake I still need that gun. Zero other reason to waste the coins on legacy engrams though. I don't think I'm going to bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom